How many brands of crochet hooks do you own?

How many different bands of crochet hooks do you own?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. How many different bands of crochet hooks do you own?

• 1 - 2
    • 3 - 4
    • 5 - 6
    • 7 - 8
    • 9 or More

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite hooks are the boye set my great aunt taught me with. I do have lots of hooks though, I seem to collect them. I just recently got a full set of the lighted hooks, and have found I like working with them late into the evening. The many antique hooks I have do not have markings on them so have no idea which company made them.

I have Boye, Bates and some cheapo generic-type brand that I can't stand. My batch of hooks looks beautiful (due to the fact that I bought plastic hooks... once) but there are maybe... 3 of them that I actually enjoy working with! ;)

I too buy thrift... em vintage crochet hooks. I was looking closely at the hooks last night and discovered I had a few made by L'oreal and Clariol :)

I think what you have are actually hair implements. Remember when highlights were added by pulling small strands of hair through holes in a rubber hat? The pulling was done with a crochet hook.

• 2 years later...

I have Hero, Gem, Boye, Bates, Lee Ward, 2 different handcrafted wood hooks, clover, and Tulip. Probably a few other brands I cannot remember. LOL.

My favorites are Boye and Clover brands though.

I have Boye and Bates, but mostly use the Boye. I don't like the way the hook feels with Bates. The big Blue Q size someone mentioned is Boye, because I have it too. I remember the frosting hooks, and had a few of them, but not with my crochet things ;)

I have Boye and Bates, but mostly use the Boye. I don't like the way the hook feels with Bates. The big Blue Q size someone mentioned is Boye, because I have it too. I remember the frosting hooks, and had a few of them, but not with my crochet things ;)

I bought a couple of the frosting hooks once, but they didn't last through 1 session of crocheting. The handle was padded but my pulling through on stitches caused the rubber the end of the hook to poke through. They were probably great for gently doing hair.

I voted 3-4 but probably have a couple more. I have Boye, Bates, Gem, some plastics and the crystal look....I have a 10 or more ancient steel hooks from my 2 Grandmas. Some aren't marked. I have at least 1 hook marked 10 cents.

I prefer Boye, but can use Bates. I don't think I've ever used a Bates for thread though.

not 100% sure. but I have a big collection of Steel/alum hooks. I think a mix of susan bates/boyle and off brands,, and i have 2 sets of bamboo hooks.

I have a couple lite up's. and a Chopstic hook (givin to me by my buddie moo moo).

I'm hopin to oneday say I also own a jimbo hook. but we'll see

I have a set of late 70's plastic Bates hooks minus the 1 that my minpin enjoyed for a snack when he was a puppy.

I also have a set each of the older 70's Bates steel and alumunum hooks.These are what I use at present.

When my MIL taught me to crochet back in the 70's she gave me an extra set of her Boye steel hooks but I never could crochet with them. I also have the aluminum ones.

I recently purchased two Profi hooks which I like, and a steel Clover hook which I love using. I want to get more of those.:dreaming

Archived