Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyones afghans look oh so gorgeous!!! Mine is at a stand still. I had my 4 nieces and nephews and my youngest nephew who is sick quite a bit this week. I have been kinda down and out too. I got a 4 day weekend which will probably be consumed by Easter preparations but I will be back to crocheting every chance I get.

Thanks to all who helped me look for the Aztec Sun pattern. I had a 50% off coupon at Micheals so I just bought the big book for 7 something. I figured by the time I added shipping in to the cost of the other book it would be close to the same price. Plus I have 39 other ripple patterns to boot. I found a few I might try someday!!

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!!

So sorry you're sick Sue. Hope you get well soon :hug.

Well, I've been playing....

Here is a pic with a few pts added and some left undone

2008Crochet082.jpg

And here is a close up of the last rows

2008Crochet086-1.jpg

and the whole thing so far. (I hope this resized)

2008Crochet087.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That is beautiful, great job!

2347623336_ceedd8abd8.jpg

Here's my latest version - 12 rows in or so.

Very nice, awesome job!

I agree - it still looks good, and if you don't want the other look, then leave it. A fun border could be cool too? Perhaps the triangle points like I did on mine? It may be too much though . . . If you want desrtuctions, I mean instructions, just let me know.

Thanks a bunch. I was at my sisters & didn't read this until now & guess what? My ghan is finished already, maybe your edging next time....thank you for the offer. :manyheart

Tabby its just gorgeous. I love it and I really like the blues you have used.:clap:clap:hug

Thank you Wendy!

Tabby... Tabby... Tabby... just lovely although I liked it before you added the squares... Although the more I look at it... and the colors match so beautifully!

Thank you......although......:lol Just kidding, thank you. :c9

I like it both ways, the colorers are stunning

Thanks a bunch.

I have finally finished mine!!! It took a while, especially on those last few rounds but it is done. It is huge, 82 inches point to point. I don't even know how much yarn, it seemed like I was constantly going back for one more skien. Now on to a baby ripple in shades of blue for a little boy due in April.

Enjoy! :)DSCN4399-1.jpg

IMG%5D

Beautiful job, very nice.

I'm done, i'm done, i'm done. :cheer:yay :cheerMy son love it just the way it is. :manyheart But no worries, i'm not going anywhere yet. :devil I am finishing a 12 point RR I started awhile back. It's spring green & banana berry. :yarn

Here's a pic. of the finished ghan.

(clickable)

th_000_0278.jpg

I just love this thread with all the lovely RRs!! I know I will be revisiting all these pics when I'm deciding on colors for the next one.

I have about half a ring of black sc and 4 last rows of blue and the web, and then I am done with the Spiderman RR. Yes! I need to get started on a graduation 'ghan. (black/red flannelghan)

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that I might be missing in action for a little bit. My computer is playing games. (actually about to go bye bye!) We just ordered a new one, but it'll take about 3 weeks to get it, so hopefully this one will hold one, but ........I'm not so sure..............

th_Gemma4color006.jpg th_Gemma4color004.jpg

I am going to have to get a camera with a flash, I swear...

So here is my next WIP... It is a baby rr with varigated in middle, then purple to blue to green to yellow to white(maybe) with 2 strands and making it blended. You can see the varigated and the pink is actually purple and the purple is actually blue. sheesh Anyway, it is going to be just a plain rr and no added points. I am also making a matching bear.

Love seeing all the 'ghans. Thought more would have posted theirs on the photobucket site by now. Will be busy till after Easter. OH and getting to go on a field trip with a fellow crocheter... we are going to a craft/thread mill and then to Hobby Lobby and then to a very special fabric store. We are winding it up at the Crochet/Knit club at a LYS and crochet a bit! Really looking forward to it.

Valerie your ripple is beautiful and boy its huge. Must have taken ages to finish one round.

Thank you, it is huge (that is a double bed sheet under it in the pic, and it is spread completely out). Each of the last 3 rounds took more than and hour to do. (I don't crochet that fast, but the size was the part that slowed me down).

This is looking very nice so far, I really like the blended rr's too, once again the possibilities are endless. The baby size works up very quickly too.

I am not qualified to be doing a CAL (I have no idea how to even get it going if I wanted to) but I am starting a blanket like this. I am so in love with some of the blankets shown here. Mine is this one: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/jessika/lyns-round-ripple-baby-afghan I am trying to finish it for my cousins baby. However it is so tedious. :scared

So would you like to join this CAL jessicagil? I will add your name to the list if you like!

This is looking very nice so far, I really like the blended rr's too, once again the possibilities are endless. The baby size works up very quickly too.

Thankx! Here is a better pic!

2351604800_c104a73b7f_m.jpg

Wendy,

Yours is very pretty. Congrats on getting it finished. Good luck on the rainbow, those are fun too.

Sue,

that is a much better pic, I was thinking pink and purple cotton candy before, still thinking cotton candy only now blue and purple so far.:)

Wendy - I love how your afghans are coming out! They are beautiful! I started mine last night but ran into some ruffling. Are you using the pattern from the first post? I ended up frogging a little and it seems OK for now. I'm doing the peaks with the "V" stitch for a couple of rows. I think I'll continue with Aggie May's method for the peaks because that worked great with all my other Stars. I have been looking through all my patterns this morning for the Six Pointed Star pattern I purchased off Ebay awhile ago. I thought I would see what that pattern had to say but I can't find it :eek I thought my patterns were organized and that it would be with the other "stars" but it's not - very frustrating. It cost me a lot of money from Ebay too!

I have finally finished mine!!! It took a while, especially on those last few rounds but it is done. It is huge, 82 inches point to point. I don't even know how much yarn, it seemed like I was constantly going back for one more skien. Now on to a baby ripple in shades of blue for a little boy due in April.

Valerie - your's is so beautiful too!!! Did you follow the pattern that I am trying to find :think? The Six Pointed Star Afghan? Is it true that Annie's if going to have it in their catalog again in June? I am getting so confused about what pattern is what. I fear the way I'm going with mine that it's not going to turn out very big. I guess I'll keep going and see what happens.

IMG%5D

Valerie, this is absolutely beautiful. Love the shades and did you follow the 6-24 star pattern or something else? I love it:cheer:cheer:cheer

Thankx! Here is a better pic!

2351604800_c104a73b7f_m.jpg

Sue, I love your blended colors, this looks great. You do beautiful work.:clap

I know exactly what you mean about that yarn. I have a favorite baby afghan I do for friends and it works up quickly but not when someone asked me to use this yarn.:lol:lol It took forever with all the snagging.

My RR is still staring at me, even though I keep promising myself I will get back to it.

Here is my finished pink ripple. Now I want to start the rainbow one.

th_P1030321.jpg

Wendy, I absolutely love the color effect on yours. It's stunning:clap:clap.

What a great job.

I'm done, i'm done, i'm done. :cheer:yay :cheerMy son love it just the way it is. :manyheart But no worries, i'm not going anywhere yet. :devil I am finishing a 12 point RR I started awhile back. It's spring green & banana berry. :yarn

Here's a pic. of the finished ghan.

(clickable)

th_000_0278.jpg

Tabitha, yours reminds me of the water off a Carribean Island I visited. I'd love to just stare at it. :cheer:cheer

Archived