Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NCAA basketball got the best of me last weekend, and slowed me down a bit on my crocheting! But now that my 2 teams lost, (Number One Son graduated from Duke, and Number Two Son is a senior at Pitt) the outcome of the rest of the tournament doesn't interest me, and it's back to the ol' crochet hook! But, if my teams didn't win, here is where one of #1 Son's sayings comes in, "ABC...anyone but Carolina!!!"

Whoa there... Back up this train!! Here is a pic of a gift that I gave my Manager since I am in Charlotte, NC and the Blue Devils are just that... devils... :devil It is Carolina Blue here at Christmas with all the Tar Heel clothes and what nots everyone gets!

NC+sack+full.jpgnc+sack+top+half.jpgGo Tar Heels! :yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay:cheer:yay

So its in the valleys that you need to tighten up and not the Peaks. No wonder my pink one even though it looks great still had issues with it overlapping. I must remember this for future ripples. Thanks Sue.:hug

I found that the valleys would want to "poke" out at first sign of "rippling" and that was my clue to do an extra dec in each valley to tighten it up. For some reason, when I wanted to tighten up the peaks, it just got pointier and the valleys would be even more "pokier" :lol But then Wendy, I was doing front posts throughout...

The one I am doing now however, doesn't have the extra points so I am just actually keeping a tight reign on it by dec the point shells from 2dc 2 ch 2dc to 1dc 2ch 1dc and have been actually doing that with 2 rows of 2dc shells and then 2 rows of 1dc shells.

th_Gemmasrrminustrimfull.jpg

This is it before I put on the trim... I really really like it alot! It is so soft and the colors are actually correct in the pic! I have a sc varigated trim and then will do an interwining chain in varigated to finish it up! I just have to do the matching bear and wrap it up.

th_Gemmasrrminustrimside.jpg

I posted both pictures since I don't know which one shows the colors best!

This is it before I put on the trim... I really really like it alot! It is so soft and the colors are actually correct in the pic! I have a sc varigated trim and then will do an interwining chain in varigated to finish it up! I just have to do the matching bear and wrap it up.

Sue its just gorgeous.:clap

I would love to join you. These rr's are amazing. I am going to have to try the 6 to 24 pattern, fudging it of course, or maybe the aztec, I just got the pattern book. I just finished a rr in joann sensation rainbow boucle, white to pink...I will post a pic tonight, (camera is at home and I am at work) My daughter's classmate is having a baby (senior in HIGH SCHOOL) the shower is tomorrow (friday) so I had to finish that one before starting another.

I am a little late, but would like to join. As you can see in my signature I am working on two rr right now. Thanks to Aggie may for pointing out this thread to me and to RoseRed for turning on the lightbulb in my head on how to make the points happen. My son has the camera, once he brings it back I will post some WIP pics.:crocheting

Sue ~ it is stunning!!

I just bought several banana berries - my Wal Mart had plenty in stock. I am working on a new version on the 8 point now that uses the banana berry. Will post pics soon.

Can't wait to see the new design!!:drool

:ghugWelcome to all the newbies joining us! I am still working on my Seija set ~ and then I shall return to the rr :dance

th_Gemmarrwithborder.jpgth_Gemmarrwithborderupclose.jpg

Here is my trim and I am done! Finished at work today... Asked the girl I am giving it to if she liked it... said it was beautiful... can't wait to see her face when I actually give it to her! The colors are perfect on these pictures and told DH I am buying a new camera payday! I am starting a CAL for critters too to finish up this gift.

I will be doing another rr and will figure out which since my coworker is finding out Monday the sex of the baby...

Welcome stormdrac & crazycrochet to the CAL of ripples round...

There are so many different color combos that not all will be found.

So take up your hooks and begin to create some more

Ripples round are the best and we don't care who they are for!

Sherilynn asked...

I also have a question about putting our images into the CAL's photobucket....as in ~ how do I? I don't see a link or button to add anything.

The link takes you there to look... you must login to post.

Login crochetvilleroundripplecal password ripple

then you will see where you can browse on your PC or on the web if posted there to add pictures.

Thank you all for you nice compliments!

Sherilynn asked...

I also have a question about putting our images into the CAL's photobucket....as in ~ how do I? I don't see a link or button to add anything.

The link takes you there to look... you must login to post.

Login crochetvilleroundripplecal password ripple

then you will see where you can browse on your PC or on the web if posted there to add pictures.

Oy! I went back to the first post and there it was! Sorry, Sue, I totally did not see that! Anyway, 'tis done....Thanks!

Sue, Your ripple came out just GORGEOUS !!! I love the border you put on it... really finishes it off nicely. and I love the color scheme. :manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I keep seeing folks say "Aggie May"'s pattern? What is that? :think

I posted it on the 1st page of this CAL for anyone who wants it... Just scroll down...

Aggie May is a WONDERFUL woman who said we can share her pattern! She drops by if we are lucky and has gotten speeding tickets on her hook for it is so fast!

Cotton Candee!!!

I couldn't get in to see this: :(

I posted it on the 1st page of this CAL for anyone who wants it... Just scroll down...

Aggie May is a WONDERFUL woman who said we can share her pattern! She drops by if we are lucky and has gotten speeding tickets on her hook for it is so fast!

Sue aka Cotton Candee

my website:http://www.cottoncandees.com

I tried to go into your website to get Free Crochet Patterns

6 to 12 to 24 point starghan

but it denied me access!!!

Oy! I went back to the first post and there it was! Sorry, Sue, I totally did not see that! Anyway, 'tis done....Thanks!

That is quite alright! I was thinking that maybe some others didn't know either so I am glad you asked! :yay

Here is my photo for the week. You all saw my first finished blue star afghan now this is my blue star afghan in the bright colors. The green and the orange are brighter than in the photo. Im leaving this blue star as a ripple and might go as far as the next bit where you add more squares and the wedges. Photo is clickable.

th_P1030371.jpg

Archived