Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, the colors look really pretty.

I would love to know how you added your points.

They seem very even.

Obviously its intended for a girl and the ruffling only makes it more feminine.

Great Job.

Sprtsbear its beautiful and I love the colors and I too want to know how you did that stitch in the middle.

Sue wow you had lots of good news and some bad news. I dont think it would take your DH long to upgrade your machine. Just think how fast it will be when he is finished.

Going to my mum's place today and taking my ripples along. She wants to make one too so Im taking my pattern books, wow the boot of the car will be packed with stuff.

Baby12-24.jpg First 12 to 24 point. This one is baby sized because it is only 38". The ruffling drove me nutty, so I made it small.

The way it lookes to me was that the ruffling was intentional! Very pretty for a baby girl!

Going to my mum's place today and taking my ripples along. She wants to make one too so Im taking my pattern books, wow the boot of the car will be packed with stuff.

Just had to ask if the "boot of the car" was what we call the trunk? :lol Or is it a carrier you put up on top? :think Hope your trip was a good one!

Just had to ask if the "boot of the car" was what we call the trunk? :lol Or is it a carrier you put up on top? :think Hope your trip was a good one!

I was wondering the same thing. :lol

WOW, sprtsbear, you afghan is beautiful! The colors are awesome and I agree with the other comments concerning the ruffles. It's gorgeous! Is that the Sew On Fire pattern with your 3 dc, ch 2, 3dc point formation in the valley? I just printed out your suggestion for the previously mentioned because it sounded great. If that's the pattern you used, then it IS great and you had a fantastic idea for creating the new points!

A pic of the rr I just finished. It is Joann's Sensations Rainbow Boucle, double strand.

DSCF0459-1.jpg

DSCF0458-1.jpg

I'll see if I can explain how I did the extra points. Made some changes. Make sure you have 10 sts on each side of the point.

First rnd. of increase. Start at any peak.

Rnd. 1 sc, ch 2, sc in peak. Sc next 6 sts., skp 4 sts, in valley, 3trc, ch 2, 3trc, skp 4 sts, sc in next 6 sts. Repeat around.

Rnd. 2 Start in 2nd stitch of valley on an original peak. Sc 6, in peak, do 1dc, ch2, 1dc. Sc in next 6 sts. skp 2 sts, 3dc in next tr, 2dc in next tr, in new peak, 2dc, ch2, 2dc, 2 dc in next tr, 3dc in next tr, skp 2 sts and repeat around. You should have 7sts on each side of old and new peaks.

The next 7 rows I did all small shells in both new and old peaks.

If anyone can figure out how to stop the rufling, please be my guest.

I also used a brighter color for the row with the new peaks, so it would stand out.

Hope this helps. I'm not very good at writing patterns.

Wow, that is gorgeous!! What pattern are you using? I think I'm going to have to get in on this CAL.

Welcome to the RR Crochet along

We are here to help if it comes out wrong :(

Advise galore you get you will see

and all of it without a fee :D

The only thing you have to put up with

is my lousy poems, & that's not a myth :P

So tell us Cindy what you plan to do

and know that no matter what, we never boo! :hook

I'll see if I can explain how I did the extra points. Made some changes. Make sure you have 10 sts on each side of the point.

First rnd. of increase. Start at any peak.

Rnd. 1 sc, ch 2, sc in peak. Sc next 6 sts., skp 4 sts, in valley, 3trc, ch 2, 3trc, skp 4 sts, sc in next 6 sts. Repeat around.

Rnd. 2 Start in 2nd stitch of valley on an original peak. Sc 6, in peak, do 1dc, ch2, 1dc. Sc in next 6 sts. skp 2 sts, 3dc in next tr, 2dc in next tr, in new peak, 2dc, ch2, 2dc, 2 dc in next tr, 3dc in next tr, skp 2 sts and repeat around. You should have 7sts on each side of old and new peaks.

The next 7 rows I did all small shells in both new and old peaks.

If anyone can figure out how to stop the rufling, please be my guest.

I also used a brighter color for the row with the new peaks, so it would stand out.

Hope this helps. I'm not very good at writing patterns.

To stop ruffling you can either cut down on the top v-stitch dc from 3 to 2 or 2 to 1 every 2 rows OR you can do some dec on the valleys. If you try to "fix" it when the ruffling has gone on too far, then you will get "bubbling" where the ruffling has stopped and now it is a bubble or bowl type yecky... Do the fold in half as Colleen said so see if you need to correct anything before it is too late... also lay it out flat every row and check it that way too. If it even LOOKS like it is starting to ruffle, fix it then. :hook

Sue the bear is gorgeous. Well Done. With the ruffling when you put it in half does it have to be level.

If it is turns in like a crescent moon, then you are going to ruffle and need to tighten it up :eek

If it turns the other way, where the middle is higher than the sides, then you are way too tight and will get a bowl :blush

If it is a perfect half circle then it is just fine... and keep going :yay

I only got 3 more rounds to go plus a border. With every round I am getting more and more frustrated with the Red Heart super saver and classic yarns. there was a yellow-orangish stain through my pale green yarn, my Lt peach has fuzzies all through the skeins and some black streaks in it and it goes from ww thickness to a baby yarn thickness in places, the pale yellow and baby pink yarn is not ww but sport weight. I am so frustrated!!! I am calling coats and clark in the morning again. Makes me wish I hadn't bought their yarn for the next 2 rr on my list. I will be thinking twice about my next yarn purchases. I have had no problems with my Caron one pounders so I may stick with them.

Can I ask the person that did the black and white Rainbow afghan a question. Or if anyone has the crochet rainbow pattern that could help me with this, that would be great.

On row 9 do I do dc's in the ch1 spaces. It keeps saying to do dc's in the stitches but doesnt say anything about the spaces.

DONE!!!!!

th_CIMG3679.jpg

This is the newest one

it is a wedding gift and measures about 72 inches

My most sincere thanks to Cheryl of Tame my Mind

http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/2007/05/16/6point-to-24point-round-ripple-blanket-greens-blues-multi.php

My friend saw that design and wanted one EXACTLY like it - in her colors.

Now onto the CRW and some other (5) projects.

Wow, that is gorgeous!! What pattern are you using? I think I'm going to have to get in on this CAL.

I don't know if you were talking to me or not but I have done so many of these I am not sure where the pattern came from any more, Probably Lyn's pattern or a variation of it??

Michele I love it, its beautiful. Is it just one color.

The yarn changes color from white to hot pink and back, only two ends for the whole thing....I Love That!

Joann Sensations Rainbow Boucle in Pink

Hi Everyone! My new computer came in early, so I'm back!!!!:cheerI'll never be able to catch up on everything that's gone on here all week. Gosh you've all been so busy! I see some beautiful RR's though! I did finish my brite rainbow RR this week, so now it's on to my next one! I started the popcorn rr, but I'm having a hard time and have had to frog rnd 5 about 5 times. Think I've finally got that right, now I'll see if I can get rnd 6 to turn out right! I'll post pics when my camera gets hooked up to this new computer! See you soon! :hug

Archived