Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if you were talking to me or not but I have done so many of these I am not sure where the pattern came from any more, Probably Lyn's pattern or a variation of it??

I'm sorry, yes, I was ... that is a gorgeous RR and I love the colors.

Welcome to the RR Crochet along

We are here to help if it comes out wrong :(

Advise galore you get you will see

and all of it without a fee :D

The only thing you have to put up with

is my lousy poems, & that's not a myth :P

So tell us Cindy what you plan to do

and know that no matter what, we never boo! :hook

:lol Thank you so much!! I am going to get in on this and do a RR for my friend who is preggers. Right now I'm making a rippple baby afghan for her so as soon as that's done it's on to an RR!

DONE!!!!!

th_CIMG3679.jpg

This is the newest one

it is a wedding gift and measures about 72 inches

My most sincere thanks to Cheryl of Tame my Mind

http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/2007/05/16/6point-to-24point-round-ripple-blanket-greens-blues-multi.php

My friend saw that design and wanted one EXACTLY like it - in her colors.

Now onto the CRW and some other (5) projects.

Just beautiful, well done.:clap

DONE!!!!!

th_CIMG3679.jpg

This is the newest one

http://www.tamemymind.com/blog/2007/05/16/6point-to-24point-round-ripple-blanket-greens-blues-multi.php

Beautiful. Great job! :cheer:clap:cheer

Mixed Berry Ripple - sounds like ice cream, doesn't it? Ha!:eek

I started this CAL accidentally last Thursday - these afghans are hard to put down!! I need to get a photo of mine, it's about 2/3 done already. I'm using all Red Heart yarn in magenta, teal, amethyst, burgundy, and blue. Six rows of each, I'm just starting magenta over now and will continue probably through burgundy. Thanks for the idea!!:yay

Aussie, PM me - I have that rainbow pattern, though haven;t made it yet. Maybe I can help if the lady who made it isn't around here any longer.

DONE!!!!!

th_CIMG3679.jpg

This is the newest one

Just bee~u~tee~ful! Such wonderful work you do!

~~

Wendy, Here is the blended baby rr afghan pattern I used and wrote it out step by step...

http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/blended_rainbow_crocheted_round_ripple

on Cut out & keep site. See if that helps at all.

~~

Welcome Gretchen to this CAL of rounds

Hopefully with us you can loose some yarn pounds :yarn

We tend to go in circles but are merry about it,

We sometimes add points and try to make them fit. :2spin

When you see that your ghan is starting to stray,

let is know & some advise will arrive that same day. :hook

When you are ready to post pictures when you are done,

We will get to ooh and aww over your finshished one. :photo

So by accident or by purpose you have come to our little group

We are all happy you have joined the rr CAL ~ poop poopy doop! :devil

~~

:hug Welcome back Ann! :jumpyay Do you like your new :compute ?:woo:elle

:ghug Many hugs for we have missed you..:day:juggle:applause

A pic of the rr I just finished. It is Joann's Sensations Rainbow Boucle, double strand.

DSCF0459-1.jpg

DSCF0458-1.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome! I want to start my own very first rr, and I want to use the same yarn (different color, though -- I'm a sucker for blue and brown) that you used. How many skeins did you use?

Michele thats amazing how the varigated yarn made it like that, it actually looks like you have added white in there.

Judy thanks but I got it figured out. Im now on row 12 and it looks beautiful.

I have been making the crochet rainbow ghan and Im thinking that I might even try the jacket that goes with it.

Wow, that looks awesome! I want to start my own very first rr, and I want to use the same yarn (different color, though -- I'm a sucker for blue and brown) that you used. How many skeins did you use?

I used two skeins so I could double it without making cakes out of it first. But I still have about half of each skein left.

Wendy... I really like this! It looks nothing like the blue one. While orange is not a favorite color of mine, I really like the colors you have used! Great job!

Uh Jeannie... just how long did it take you to go around on that last few rows and how many skeins are in this thing? Like WOW... it is not only beautiful but could warm New England! I am truely impressed!

Oh, and I added it to our PhotoBucket!

It still boggles my mind when I look and yours and Priszm's since they are both so huge... What work and dedication you both have... and anyone else able to stick to a ghan that long!

Aimee, Can't wait for your pictures to post!

Hi everyone....thanks for the compliments and yes it is heavy, nice and warm. It would take me about an hour to an hour and a 1/2 to finish up. I followed the 6-12-24 point Round Ripple from Annie's Attic. The yardage I can't remember since I'm not @ home to check pattern but whatever it asked for I did. :)

Wendy... I really like this! It looks nothing like the blue one. While orange is not a favorite color of mine, I really like the colors you have used! Great job!

0notworthy.gif

SaharasApproval.jpg

Uh Jeannie... just how long did it take you to go around on that last few rows and how many skeins are in this thing? Like WOW... it is not only beautiful but could warm New England! I am truely impressed!

Oh, and I added it to our PhotoBucket!

It still boggles my mind when I look and yours and Priszm's since they are both so huge... What work and dedication you both have... and anyone else able to stick to a ghan that long!

Aimee, Can't wait for your pictures to post!

Aww, thanks :blush. But my patience was no where near Jeanie's. She has more points than mine does :lol And if one looks closely, that last set changed row numbers. I finished the 3 rows of cream, got 3 of the light green done, figured it was big enough and there would only be 3 rows of each color at the end. So my patience did run out a bit at the end.

can someone provide me with the photobucket site so that I can oggle the lovely RR's that everyone has been working hard on doing?

It's in the very first post

Hi Everyone! I'm having trouble with my photobucket pics again! maybe I need to do something different with this new computer :think. Anyway, I was able to add a pic to our photobucket ripple account, so you can see my brite rainbow pic there! I had to frog the 9 pt rr back to rnd 4! GRRRR!!! I just may put it aside and start the 6 to 24 now that I'm back online and can get help from you guys! :hook

EmoticonBabySits.gifFound out the next one at work is having a boy... So.... since I really liked Michele's pink blended I think I will do one too in blue. So, more yarn! ;)

But then... I like Tabby's too... with the blue... Now the way Wendy did the color combos and PraiseJesus did the one of bright colors... make's my descion just much harder... So... I must meditate on this and see what comes to me... :think Me thinks I will go visit the photobucket! :gallery

When I started this CAL, I had never done a rr or a CAL before... nor anything blended, oh and I had never done a even a ripple before! I read everyday how everyone is ready to jump in and offer help or post links to patterns when anyone asks... :soap With so much going on in the world, it is nice to come here to crochetville and have respect given, know that no one is going to bad mouth anyone, and that here, at least is a place that we all have a common ground where it doesn't matter backgrounds or beliefs. :manyheart That we are just a bunch of people that like to crochet and buy unnessesary yarn! :devil

Just wanted to thank everyone for their humanity and all the fun and learning I have received here in this CAL and at Crochetville! :hug

Hi Everyone! I'm having trouble with my photobucket pics again! maybe I need to do something different with this new computer :think. Anyway, I was able to add a pic to our photobucket ripple account, so you can see my brite rainbow pic there! I had to frog the 9 pt rr back to rnd 4! GRRRR!!! I just may put it aside and start the 6 to 24 now that I'm back online and can get help from you guys! :hook

th_Marchcrochet2008012.jpg

Look what I found! Put it on a stick and it looks like those huge suckers! Yummy! That looks great Ann!

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

EmoticonBabySits.gifFound out the next one at work is having a boy... So.... since I really liked Michele's pink blended I think I will do one too in blue. So, more yarn! ;)

But then... I like Tabby's too... with the blue... Now the way Wendy did the color combos and PraiseJesus did the one of bright colors... make's my descion just much harder... So... I must meditate on this and see what comes to me... :think Me thinks I will go visit the photobucket! :gallery

When I started this CAL, I had never done a rr or a CAL before... nor anything blended, oh and I had never done a even a ripple before! I read everyday how everyone is ready to jump in and offer help or post links to patterns when anyone asks... :soap With so much going on in the world, it is nice to come here to crochetville and have respect given, know that no one is going to bad mouth anyone, and that here, at least is a place that we all have a common ground where it doesn't matter backgrounds or beliefs. :manyheart That we are just a bunch of people that like to crochet and buy unnessesary yarn! :devil

Just wanted to thank everyone for their humanity and all the fun and learning I have received here in this CAL and at Crochetville!

Sue, I couldn't agree with you more. I have only been here since February and have tried so many new stitches just because someone extended a hand. I think the people at Crochetville are the nicest group of people I have ever met.:hug I love the way everyone cheers :cheereveryone on and helps when someone is stuck with the directions. I have seen that when someone needs a prayer, a square, or just a shoulder, someone answers.:manyheart

It's hard sometimes to know whether to crochet or go to Crochetville. I've been trying to do them together. Takes a little longer to read the posts but then I don't have to make the decision on which to do.

Okay peeps... It seems that we are missing a few lately... we had new people join and then haven't heard from again and ones from the start just sorta faded away... :shrug I figure the old are finished, the missing that aren't posting pics have placed the afghan aside for a later date, if any... OR the new joiners aren't far enough along to post a pic yet...

Let's take a break from talking and showing our rr and share why we like making them! :hook

Questionaire on round ripples or any ripple for that matter... Just copy and paste the questions on a new post along with your answers. :compute

1. Favorite number of points in a rr
  2. Why is that number of points your favorite?
  3. What do you dislike about making a rr?
  4. Favorite stitch to use on a rr?
  5. Easiest yarn for you to use to make a rr?
  6. Favorite hook size for rr?
  7. How big do you like to make a rr?
  8. Do you follow the pattern and use the colors and design on the pattern?
  9. How do you chose your colors for your rr if you don't go by the pattern?
  10. Are you color blind or run across anyone who crochets color blind...
  11. How often do you count your stitches when making your rr?
  12. How many rr have you made?
  13. What in some detail do you like about making rr?
  14. What would most people be surprised about the ripples you have made in the past?

Thank you for taking the time to share your insight! You will now be directed back to your regularly scheduled programing! :wink

Favorite number of points in a rr

12 pts

Why is that number of points your favorite?

Busier and the end is evener

What do you dislike about making a rr?

Takes longer to get around the whole thing

Favorite stitch to use on a rr?

hdc, they are thicker & tend to tighten create less holes in the ghan.

Easiest yarn for you to use to make a rr?

lightweight

Favorite hook size for rr?

"D"

How big do you like to make a rr?

Baby size

Do you follow the pattern and use the colors and design on the pattern?

Nope

How do you chose your colors for your rr if you don't go by the pattern?

What is pleasing to me

Are you color blind or run across anyone who crochets color blind... not yet

How often do you count your stitches when making your rr?

Every other row

How many rr have you made?

2 :eek

What in some detail do you like about making rr?

I like the way the colors form patterns that radiate from the middle. RR are easy to do, if you aren't adding points with nothing to go by!

What would most people be surprised about the ripples you have made in the past?

I am a bad girl in that I knot my ends before weaving them in :devil

Favorite number of points in a rr

Why is that number of points your favorite?

Dont know

What do you dislike about making a rr?

Nothing

Favorite stitch to use on a rr?

double crochet what else is there.:think

Easiest yarn for you to use to make a rr?

8 ply

Favorite hook size for rr?

H hook

How big do you like to make a rr?

at least 60 inches otherwise its not worth it

Do you follow the pattern and use the colors and design on the pattern?

No

How do you chose your colors for your rr if you don't go by the pattern?

Going by my favorite colors.

Are you color blind or run across anyone who crochets color blind...

No

How often do you count your stitches when making your rr?

Every other row

How many rr have you made?

What in some detail do you like about making rr?

Its easy to do especially if your sitting in front of the tv.

What would most people be surprised about the ripples you have made in the past?

Dont know.

I haven't been on much since I had to put mine down. But I picked it back up on Monday and am working on it again regularly till it's done.

Favorite number of points in a rr? 12

Why is that number of points your favorite? It's what I'm most used to.

What do you dislike about making a rr? you have to be very careful in the beginning so it doesn't ruffle

Favorite stitch to use on a rr? double crochet

Easiest yarn for you to use to make a rr? i usually only use worsted weight

Favorite hook size for rr? j or one of my jimbo hooks

How big do you like to make a rr? big enough to cover all of me.

Do you follow the pattern and use the colors and design on the pattern? i usually follow the pattern but pick out my own colors

How do you chose your colors for your rr if you don't go by the pattern? whichever strikes my fancy

Are you color blind or run across anyone who crochets color blind... I've met someone on the ville who is color blind

How often do you count your stitches when making your rr? only at the beginning

How many rr have you made? 3 or 4

What in some detail do you like about making rr? it's something you can work on and doesn't require any thinking after you get past the beginning. Great to work on for road trips.

What would most people be surprised about the ripples you have made in the past? I don't know.

Archived