Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Ok now that the pink ripple is finished Im looking for something else to do. I still have the zebra brites ripple to finish and am trying to sort out colors for the rainbow pattern. I also found my blue star afghan wip. I had already done one and had then started another one in bright colors, well its still only up to the part where it looks like a ripple so Im gonna turn it into one. Not sure if you have all seen the blue star afghan before, but here is my first one completed.

th_P1020102.jpgClickable.

If you have the Herrschners Blue Ribbon afghan book then you would have this pattern. Here is another idea for a ripple Ladies.

That is sooooo beautiful!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally completed my first RR yesterday :clap It's about 78" across. I thought I'd never finish.:whew Good thing is that I do have enough yarn left over to make the matching pillow. Will post pic later this week.

I finally completed my first RR yesterday :clap It's about 78" across. I thought I'd never finish.:whew Good thing is that I do have enough yarn left over to make the matching pillow. Will post pic later this week.

Woo Hoo Jeanne, can't wait to see it

Ok now that the pink ripple is finished Im looking for something else to do. I still have the zebra brites ripple to finish and am trying to sort out colors for the rainbow pattern. I also found my blue star afghan wip. I had already done one and had then started another one in bright colors, well its still only up to the part where it looks like a ripple so Im gonna turn it into one. Not sure if you have all seen the blue star afghan before, but here is my first one completed.

If you have the Herrschners Blue Ribbon afghan book then you would have this pattern. Here is another idea for a ripple Ladies.

This is beautiful and unique. I love the color combination, wow:clap

Thanks everyone.

Monica yes I have seen different colors done with the blue star and the one Im doing now is in red, green, yellow, blue, varigated, and orange all bright colors hence the bright star afghan Im calling it. Its a very easy pattern to do. I think the CAL is still going for this one.

This is very pretty Wendy!

I got 11 more rounds then a borser and I'll be done with rr #2. It is supposed to be the gentle waves rr but since I couldn't get it to lay flat and had to improvise it looks more like my 12 point rr does. oh well. I think my next is gonna be that Aztec Sun pattern. I may need to be committed after adding points though! LOL I'll post a picture tomorrow or Wednesday when I get it done.

http://madcrochetingfool1.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html This is the pattern I am trying to use. Having a bit of a problem with ruffling. When you add the extra points, should you have the same amount of stitches on each side of the point?

Yes you should always have the same amount of stitches both sides. Im always forever counting to make sure they are correct.

I found that as soon as it even thought of ruffling I would tighten up the valleys with an extra decrease stitch since it was the valleys that seemed to want to cause the problems...

I convinced my husband to hook up the old web cam, so I have a pic of my RR! It isn't the best in color though, but here it is!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/anastriana022/Picture76-1.jpg

That is really pretty Joy!

I have finally finished mine!!! It took a while, especially on those last few rounds but it is done. It is huge, 82 inches point to point. I don't even know how much yarn, it seemed like I was constantly going back for one more skien. Now on to a baby ripple in shades of blue for a little boy due in April.

Enjoy! :)DSCN4399-1.jpg

Well Valerie, you beat me to it!

NCAA basketball got the best of me last weekend, and slowed me down a bit on my crocheting! But now that my 2 teams lost, (Number One Son graduated from Duke, and Number Two Son is a senior at Pitt) the outcome of the rest of the tournament doesn't interest me, and it's back to the ol' crochet hook! But, if my teams didn't win, here is where one of #1 Son's sayings comes in, "ABC...anyone but Carolina!!!"

I am now done with the last color section, except for the two rows of the Banana Berry on the edge...but I don't have enough to go around 2 times, plus a third time for the reverse sc border that I want to do. Today will be my second trip out to try to find some. I know the variegated yarns have a dye lot, but I will have a sample with me, and hope it is not too far off. These rows will not be "touching" the others, so if it isn't an exact match, hopefully it will be close enough.

In the mean time, just to keep busy, I started making some squares out of leftover yarn from this project. Maybe it will become a scrapghan.

originally posted by: ex-football mom now wrestling mom:

I am now done with the last color section, except for the two rows of the Banana Berry on the edge...but I don't have enough to go around 2 times, plus a third time for the reverse sc border that I want to do. Today will be my second trip out to try to find some. I know the variegated yarns have a dye lot, but I will have a sample with me, and hope it is not too far off. These rows will not be "touching" the others, so if it isn't an exact match, hopefully it will be close enough.

In the mean time, just to keep busy, I started making some squares out of leftover yarn from this project. Maybe it will become a scrapghan.

Good luck with finding the bananaberry, I don't think I have seen it in the stores here lately. I still have a bit of mine left from the rr and ball I did for my nephew,but I doubt it would even make it half way around the last two rows of white on my aztec sun. Don't know how much you need, but I would send mine to you if you need it.

I have finished my 12 to 24 point. I only made it the size for a baby, think about 38". It was driving me crazy. It still has some ruffling. I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow. Next the Rainbow baby blanket.

I have finished my 12 to 24 point. I only made it the size for a baby, think about 38". It was driving me crazy. It still has some ruffling. I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow. Next the Rainbow baby blanket.

I found that as soon as it even thought of ruffling I would tighten up the valleys with an extra decrease stitch since it was the valleys that seemed to want to cause the problems...

So its in the valleys that you need to tighten up and not the Peaks. No wonder my pink one even though it looks great still had issues with it overlapping. I must remember this for future ripples. Thanks Sue.:hug

Archived