Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Can't wait to see it. The colors are gorgeous!

Thank you. :manyheart

I ended up getting all the squares done but my 8 point RR is now a 4 point RR. :lol I still think it looks great & kinda squarish with 4 little v's. My Hubby loves it otherwise I was going to put triangles in the v's & just make it a regular square ghan. What do ya think, leave it or play with it? :think I would post a pic. but it's really dark in here so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sue it looks fantastic. Well done. I just love that green color. Must get some, is it red heart.:clap

It is Amethyst Red Heart yarn.. Oh spring green is the green... I am not feeling well so I just wanted to say thankx everyone!

Tabby... play with it! The wonderful thing about crochet is that there is a little frog just waiting to jump on in and turn back the stitches of time...

As suggusted we now have a photobucket account for this CAL!:clap Here are the instructions to post your pictures. There is also an edit and resize option as well.

For those who do not have a way to post pictures.. you do now!

To post your pictures or any ripples :cheer

Go to http://photobucket.com/

:blush Login at the top right corner with the following

information:

username crochetvilleroundripplecal

password ripple

Make sure on the lefthand side the album picked is RoundRippleCAL ;)

:eek If there are no pictures showing then you are not in the RoundRippleCAL album, so just click on it and you will go there.

Let me know if you have any issues... :yes

This is an account created just for this CAL! :yay

As suggusted we now have a photobucket account for this CAL!:clap Here are the instructions to post your pictures. There is also an edit and resize option as well.

For those who do not have a way to post pictures.. you do now!

To post your pictures or any ripples :cheer

Go to http://photobucket.com/

:blush Login at the top right corner with the following

information:

username crochetvilleroundripplecal

password ripple

Make sure on the lefthand side the album picked is RoundRippleCAL ;)

:eek If there are no pictures showing then you are not in the RoundRippleCAL album, so just click on it and you will go there.

Let me know if you have any issues... :yes

This is an account created just for this CAL! :yay

Sue, I just checked it out! You're the bestest!!! Thank you!!! :hug

What do ya think, leave it or play with it? :think I would post a pic. but it's really dark in here so it'll have to wait until tomorrow. ;)

I agree with Sue. I would PLAY! I am having SOOO much fun playing with this afghan. And... it's tomorrow... WHERE'S THE PIC???:think:think:cheer

So sorry you're sick Sue. Hope you get well soon :hug.

Well, I've been playing....

Here is a pic with a few pts added and some left undone

2008Crochet082.jpg

And here is a close up of the last rows

2008Crochet086-1.jpg

and the whole thing so far. (I hope this resized)

2008Crochet087.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Sue sorry your not well. Hope you get better soon.

Tabby I would play with it and see what you can come up with it.

Susan that is very pretty. I like the pattern your putting in there. Is it your own design.

Indigo great progress so far. Well done.

I was just wondering whether you could make the points so the ripple became a round one literally and then from there make it into a square like lots of dishcloths are done where they start out round then become square. Might play around with mine and see what I can do.

Sue & Indigo73 hope you are both feeling better soon.

I went to the photobucket and posted my start. Seeing all the pictures together is really something. They are all so beautiful and all soooooo different. It's great seeing all the talent. Can't wait until everyone is posted. Wow what a picture show. :clap:cheer:clap

Susan that is very pretty. I like the pattern your putting in there. Is it your own design.

Thank you and Yes!! It's my first attempt at designing and I am SOOO excited about it. :yay Not happy with the middle, too plain for the rest, so atm I am trying to work up a new one. I really like what I'm coming up with, will post it later. Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

Tabitha - also, if you look closely at chrisdfriend's she did not go all the way to the top of the point, which I think helps it not to spread so much. I think adding the other four pieces would still work for yours though.

~Tabitha~ = it is squarish because the original adds 8 sets of squares. Try that and you should be looking more 8 pointed again - it is beautiful though - I love the colors.

Thank you, I figured that out after a little looking again. *DOH* :lol I know it has 8 sets of squares, I just thought mine looked kinda cool without them. You don't see people downsizing RR always increasing so that's what i'm still thinking about. Not sure, 4 or 8? HMMMMM......decisions, decisions. :think:D

Tabitha - also, if you look closely at chrisdfriend's she did not go all the way to the top of the point, which I think helps it not to spread so much. I think adding the other four pieces would still work for yours though.

Yeah I know, but she made hers so large & I think that's why. I'm too lazy to make mine that big. :lol

Very cool. It's just beautiful and fun.

:devil

Thank you! :manyheart

I love the colors!!!

Thank you! :c9

I agree - it still looks good, and if you don't want the other look, then leave it. A fun border could be cool too? Perhaps the triangle points like I did on mine? It may be too much though . . . If you want desrtuctions, I mean instructions, just let me know.

I am back and hopefully feeling better! I washed my rr and it came out sooooooooo soft. When I took the pictures, it was really nice that it laid that flat with me just throwing it on the floor! (before the washing) I am really happy with it but don't want to look at it for awhile! :lol

I have started a new one... girl at work is having a baby boy so thought I would whip one out for her. It is just a 12 point rr that I am doing using 2 strands and changing out one of the colors every 3 rows... I have yellow in the middle, then yellow/mint green, then green so far... it is that yarn for babies with the little white thread through it making is look a little more flashy... Y'all have seen it at any yarn store... it is just awful yarn since it just like falls apart on the hook... or rather is snags onto itself... anyway, I am loving the blanket so far and will make a matching teddy bear for it too.

I am glad to hear that some of you have looked at the Photo bucket account for us. It is nice to see everyone's pictures all together. Can't wait to see more on there. :hook

So sorry you're sick Sue. Hope you get well soon :hug.

Well, I've been playing....

and the whole thing so far. (I hope this resized)

2008Crochet087.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Susan, this is very pretty! I just know that the camera is not doing it justice! I looks like a doilyghan!

2347623336_ceedd8abd8.jpg

Here's my latest version - 12 rows in or so.

I like it Aimee! Are you going to add more points to it? I see you are doing the valleys like Monica's ghans! Very pretty!

Here is my RR so you all can see what i'm talking about.

(clickable)

th_000_0275.jpg

Tabby... Tabby... Tabby... just lovely although I liked it before you added the squares... Although the more I look at it... and the colors match so beautifully!

I have finally finished mine!!! It took a while, especially on those last few rounds but it is done. It is huge, 82 inches point to point. I don't even know how much yarn, it seemed like I was constantly going back for one more skien. Now on to a baby ripple in shades of blue for a little boy due in April.

Enjoy! :)DSCN4399-1.jpg

IMG%5D

All of the round ripples are so beautiful. I have 5 more rows to finish on my rectangle granny and I will begin the RR. The first one will be the regular 12 point done with 2 strands in white, grey and 2 shades of pink. It will be the kind that is shaded. The 6 to 24 point I am planning will be in patriotic colors.

Archived