Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Aussie - your pink rr is very stunning

Sue - I can't believe the difference the flash made in those colors! I thought it looked good in pink, too. :lol

I'll post to photobucket when I'm finished (because I am finally getting close!)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone - Your ghans are all beautiful. I need to get working on mine again but have been struggling with life and school a lot lately. I will get to them soon and post new pics. I posted all of mine on the photobucket account today. Some may have never been posted on this thread, but they are RR's so I added them. I know i love seeing the variations to get inspired for my next project.

I was just wondering if any of you would be interested in a RR Chocheters retreat weekend? I know of a cabin in Butler TN (North East TN, @45 minutes from Boone NC, 30 minutes from VA line) that is very inexpensive that my family has stayed in for years. It can sleep up to 20 and is near Watauga lake - the 3rd cleanest lake in the nation - gorgeous. We could get to meet each other and see eachothers works in person. We could even try to plan it over a weekend when there is a festival nearby - so many in this area to choose from. Here is the cabin info:

Wilderness Lodge Cabin Rates:

Great for large groups!

$225/Night +tax

+$50 Non-Refundable Cleaning Fee

Check-in: 3:00pm - Check-out: 10:00am

Rates may vary for holidays and special events and are subject to change without notice.

·Very private, peaceful, wooded setting ·Country decor, all the comforts of home ·Huge wrap-around porch w/rockers, picnic tables, and large charcoal grill ·Eat-in country kitchen with breakfast counter, fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher and all utensils ·Laundry Room ·Large Great Room, open staircase with vaulted ceiling, gas fireplace, satellite tv, private phone ·Electric heat, paddle fans thoughout, air conditioned

2 Night Minimum Stay

We Provide-Toilet Tissue, Pillows, Comforters, Mattress Pads, Kitchen Towels, Hand Soap... Please Bring-Bed Linens, Bath Towels, Charcoal.

The amount per person would depend on how many in total actually come. I have gone with as few as 10 to as much as 20 and it was great either way. It is just a thought, and if you all are interested, let me know.

I have finally finished mine!!! It took a while, especially on those last few rounds but it is done. It is huge, 82 inches point to point. I don't even know how much yarn, it seemed like I was constantly going back for one more skien. Now on to a baby ripple in shades of blue for a little boy due in April.

Enjoy! :)DSCN4399-1.jpg

IMG%5D

Valerie this is gorgeous

I'm done, i'm done, i'm done. :cheer:yay :cheerMy son love it just the way it is. :manyheart But no worries, i'm not going anywhere yet. :devil I am finishing a 12 point RR I started awhile back. It's spring green & banana berry. :yarn

Here's a pic. of the finished ghan.

(clickable)

th_000_0278.jpg

WOW Tabitha, that is amazing

I just love this thread with all the lovely RRs!! I know I will be revisiting all these pics when I'm deciding on colors for the next one.

I have about half a ring of black sc and 4 last rows of blue and the web, and then I am done with the Spiderman RR. Yes! I need to get started on a graduation 'ghan. (black/red flannelghan)

Those are our color's too

I love the look of that pattern, let me know how hard/easy it is to do

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that I might be missing in action for a little bit. My computer is playing games. (actually about to go bye bye!) We just ordered a new one, but it'll take about 3 weeks to get it, so hopefully this one will hold one, but ........I'm not so sure..............

I hope it will hold out until the new one arrives

th_Gemma4color006.jpg th_Gemma4color004.jpg

I am going to have to get a camera with a flash, I swear...

So here is my next WIP... It is a baby rr with varigated in middle, then purple to blue to green to yellow to white(maybe) with 2 strands and making it blended. You can see the varigated and the pink is actually purple and the purple is actually blue. sheesh Anyway, it is going to be just a plain rr and no added points. I am also making a matching bear.

Love seeing all the 'ghans. Thought more would have posted theirs on the photobucket site by now. Will be busy till after Easter. OH and getting to go on a field trip with a fellow crocheter... we are going to a craft/thread mill and then to Hobby Lobby and then to a very special fabric store. We are winding it up at the Crochet/Knit club at a LYS and crochet a bit! Really looking forward to it.

Have fun Sue, that sounds like a wonderful field trip

your RR is going to be beautiful

I have finally finished mine!!! It took a while, especially on those last few rounds but it is done. It is huge, 82 inches point to point. I don't even know how much yarn, it seemed like I was constantly going back for one more skien. Now on to a baby ripple in shades of blue for a little boy due in April.

Enjoy! :)DSCN4399-1.jpg

Valerie - your's is so beautiful too!!! Did you follow the pattern that I am trying to find :think? The Six Pointed Star Afghan? Is it true that Annie's if going to have it in their catalog again in June? I am getting so confused about what pattern is what. I fear the way I'm going with mine that it's not going to turn out very big. I guess I'll keep going and see what happens.

No, I used the aztec sun round ripple, that starts with 8 points, then goes to 16 and 32. I believe there was a thread here that said Annie's will be offering the six pointed star pattern in the summer. Good luck on your rr.

Thanks for the info. Valerie! If I could count then I would have noticed that yours had 8 instead of 6 points to start. I have the pattern book with the Aztec Sun in it - I'll have to check that out. Thanks again!

Thankx! Here is a better pic!

2351604800_c104a73b7f_m.jpg

Very pretty, beautiful yarn. :manyheart

Here is my finished pink ripple. Now I want to start the rainbow one.

th_P1030321.jpg

Beautiful, great job! :clap

Tabitha, yours reminds me of the water off a Carribean Island I visited. I'd love to just stare at it. :cheer:cheer

Thank you. :manyheart I've never been to the Caribeans but ooooooo would I so love to go. Now i'll just stare at my sons ghan & pretend. :lol

Just awesome. Love how the squares made it so different and fun.

:devil

Thank you! :manyheart

WOW Tabitha, that is amazing

Thank you! :manyheart

Hi everyone! Computers still hanging in there so I thought I'd pop in! Everyone's ghans look great! I haven't touched mine today and it's put away til tomorrow night. DGD is coming to visit for Easter and you know how 18 month olds can be :eek! Think I've got all my stash picked up :think. They live about an hour away, so I don't see them very often. I don't have a very "baby friendly" house any more! Been doing safety checks all day, lol! It's all worth it to see my sweetie though!

Sue, your trip sounds great! Have a nice time!

Have a wonderful Easter everyone! :hug

Thank you for all your nice comments.

Tabitha,

I really like the colors in yours as well as the "sorta square" look, once again, the versatility in this pattern mixed with your creativity makes a very striking afghan.

Valerie, this is absolutely beautiful. Love the shades and did you follow the 6-24 star pattern or something else? I love it:cheer:cheer:cheer

Didn't see this post until now, :confusednot sure what I was thinking,lol . Thank you pat, mine is the aztec sun pattern (8-16-32)

Popping to wish everyone a very Happy Easter. I won't be crocheting til maybe tomorrow night. Too many kids gonna be running around. I am anxious to start my next one and I am not finished with my current afghan. Gotta get busy cause I am starting a new weekend job and summer is coming.

Enjoy your Easter Sunday!

Here is my finished pink ripple. Now I want to start the rainbow one.

th_P1030321.jpg

:cheerIt is just sooooooooooo pretty Wendy! Very good indeed! I got the black to go between my colors on my rainbow but have to finish the baby one 1st! Oh... and come summer no afghans for me... I am about to die now with these things on now! In fact, if it gets too much warmer here, I will just wait to do the rr in the fall. Then you will see me with an Angels CAL for the summer... :lol

Did this get missed or is no one interested? I posted yesterday but it may have gotten lost in the shuffle:

Hey everyone - Your ghans are all beautiful. I need to get working on mine again but have been struggling with life and school a lot lately. I will get to them soon and post new pics. I posted all of mine on the photobucket account today. Some may have never been posted on this thread, but they are RR's so I added them. I know i love seeing the variations to get inspired for my next project.

I was just wondering if any of you would be interested in a RR Chocheters retreat weekend? I know of a cabin in Butler TN (North East TN, @45 minutes from Boone NC, 30 minutes from VA line) that is very inexpensive that my family has stayed in for years. It can sleep up to 20 and is near Watauga lake - the 3rd cleanest lake in the nation - gorgeous. We could get to meet each other and see eachothers works in person. We could even try to plan it over a weekend when there is a festival nearby - so many in this area to choose from. Here is the cabin info:

Great for large groups!

$225/Night +tax

Rates may vary for holidays and special events and are subject to change without notice.

·Very private, peaceful, wooded setting ·Country decor, all the comforts of home ·Huge wrap-around porch w/rockers, picnic tables, and large charcoal grill ·Eat-in country kitchen with breakfast counter, fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher and all utensils ·Laundry Room ·Large Great Room, open staircase with vaulted ceiling, gas fireplace, satellite tv, private phone ·Electric heat, paddle fans thoughout, air conditioned

2 Night Minimum Stay

We Provide-Toilet Tissue, Pillows, Comforters, Mattress Pads, Kitchen Towels, Hand Soap... Please Bring-Bed Linens, Bath Towels, Charcoal.

The amount per person would depend on how many in total actually come. I have gone with as few as 10 to as much as 20 and it was great either way. It is just a thought, and if you all are interested, let me know.

Hi Monica,

Yeah my apologies...I didn't see this post. This sounds like a terrific idea...however I willl not be able to join. But I wanted to reply though and tell you its an awesome idea. I hope that others will have the interest and join in the retreat!

Did this get missed or is no one interested? I posted yesterday but it may have gotten lost in the shuffle:

Great for large groups!

$225/Night +tax

2 Night Minimum Stay

I am interested but so is DH. We live in Charlotte NC so we are not too far away. If there are any who want a couples/singles retreat, I might be able to swing this! He also said would think of learning to "knit" to go since the cabin and area looked so nice and peaceful. Oh, and he did just buy that boat!

Monica, it did say that there were more cabins but then it turns around and says there is just the one... Are there any smaller cabins there too?

Thankx Tena, Tabby, and everyone else too!

My trip was very fun... went to 5 fabric/yarn/thread stores... :devil Got some thread on cones for making my Christmas angels, which I am going to do this next month at a GREAT deal... They were like 4 pounds of white super shiney thread, about size 3, for $6! I also bought some eyelash & Caron yarns too, Oh, and new bigger hooks.

On my rr, I only have 2 more colors which equals 12 more rounds and a boarder to finish the baby rr and then do a matching bear.

I also want to knock out the 2 baby dragons, octopus, and dog on order so that I can start my angels... I already have the porcelain dolls too! Maybe make an Angel CAL when I start... I am going to be making about 6 or 7 I think. Maybe start an Amigurumi CAL before the angel one... :lol

Archived