Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sue asked: Monica, it did say that there were more cabins but then it turns around and says there is just the one... Are there any smaller cabins there too?

I think there is one other, as well as a motel nearby, but I would totally be okay with couples coming. The only thing is that if there are more than 10 people then we get into sharing rooms, which I am still fine with if others are. When I went with a group of friends before we had couples share rooms and singles share rooms and it worked out fine.This would have to be August at the earliest for us to be able to plan it, but maybe we could open it up to others on other threads and have enough interest. I have friends here who are wanting to learn to crochet that may enjoy coming. It is only 40 minutes away from here so they would not have to stay over if we needed room. I think we need 10 minimum to make it worth it - @$50 a piece + tax and food & whatnot. I think I will post a thread about it on its own.have posted it's own thread here to see if we could get others to come too.

Wow Monica - that is an awesome idea!! The cabin looks absolutely wonderful! Unfortunately, it's a little too far for me to go this year but thank you for the invite. I bet this trip will be a wonderful time for all who are fortunate enough to be able to attend.

Once again... beautiful ghan Tabby!

Monica sounds like a great idea, I obviously cant go but if I lived over there I would seriously consider it.

Yeah, right Wendy... as if flying here isn't an option... If I am willing to go the extra 30 or 40 miles.. well then a jump across a little body of water and then a hop across most of the US wouldn't be too much to ask.. now would it? :devil Talk about your expensive retreat... What would you be looking at? $10,000?

It is beautiful, Tabitha!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

Thank you! :manyheart

Happy Easter Everyone

Tabby its beautiful, well done, love the colors.

Thanks a bunch! :manyheart

Happy Easter To You All! I hope it has been a wonderful one! :ghug

Did this get missed or is no one interested? I posted yesterday but it may have gotten lost in the shuffle:

Hey everyone - Your ghans are all beautiful. I need to get working on mine again but have been struggling with life and school a lot lately. I will get to them soon and post new pics. I posted all of mine on the photobucket account today. Some may have never been posted on this thread, but they are RR's so I added them. I know i love seeing the variations to get inspired for my next project.

I was just wondering if any of you would be interested in a RR Chocheters retreat weekend? I know of a cabin in Butler TN (North East TN, @45 minutes from Boone NC, 30 minutes from VA line) that is very inexpensive that my family has stayed in for years. It can sleep up to 20 and is near Watauga lake - the 3rd cleanest lake in the nation - gorgeous. We could get to meet each other and see eachothers works in person. We could even try to plan it over a weekend when there is a festival nearby - so many in this area to choose from. Here is the cabin info:

Wilderness Lodge Cabin Rates:

Great for large groups!

$225/Night +tax

+$50 Non-Refundable Cleaning Fee

Check-in: 3:00pm - Check-out: 10:00am

Rates may vary for holidays and special events and are subject to change without notice.

·Very private, peaceful, wooded setting ·Country decor, all the comforts of home ·Huge wrap-around porch w/rockers, picnic tables, and large charcoal grill ·Eat-in country kitchen with breakfast counter, fully equipped kitchen including dishwasher and all utensils ·Laundry Room ·Large Great Room, open staircase with vaulted ceiling, gas fireplace, satellite tv, private phone ·Electric heat, paddle fans thoughout, air conditioned

2 Night Minimum Stay

We Provide-Toilet Tissue, Pillows, Comforters, Mattress Pads, Kitchen Towels, Hand Soap... Please Bring-Bed Linens, Bath Towels, Charcoal.

The amount per person would depend on how many in total actually come. I have gone with as few as 10 to as much as 20 and it was great either way. It is just a thought, and if you all are interested, let me know.

Wish i was in a position to go, but I'm not with 3 under 5 and dd still in college.

I finished my small RR in banana berry & spring green. I also used fun fur for the edge. It measures 38" from point to point. :cheer

(clickable)

th_000_0288.jpg

th_000_0293.jpg

Neat idea fun fur, looks nice

I finished my small RR in banana berry & spring green. I also used fun fur for the edge. It measures 38" from point to point. :cheer

(clickable)

th_000_0288.jpg

th_000_0293.jpg

Very nice Tabitha. Like the trim.:clap

Wish i was in a position to go, but I'm not with 3 under 5 and dd still in college.

If it weren't for the money.. sounds like you need it more than anyone else! :yes 3 under 5 and you have time to crochet????? :think

That's my ME TIME

I will say this much... you are smart to take it! I didn't and got really burnt out... I lost my identity for awhile... I was either someone's mom or wife... not Sue at all! So keep it up girl! Glad you are with us!

Ok now that the pink ripple is finished Im looking for something else to do. I still have the zebra brites ripple to finish and am trying to sort out colors for the rainbow pattern. I also found my blue star afghan wip. I had already done one and had then started another one in bright colors, well its still only up to the part where it looks like a ripple so Im gonna turn it into one. Not sure if you have all seen the blue star afghan before, but here is my first one completed.

th_P1020102.jpgClickable.

If you have the Herrschners Blue Ribbon afghan book then you would have this pattern. Here is another idea for a ripple Ladies.

Ok now that the pink ripple is finished Im looking for something else to do. I still have the zebra brites ripple to finish and am trying to sort out colors for the rainbow pattern. I also found my blue star afghan wip. I had already done one and had then started another one in bright colors, well its still only up to the part where it looks like a ripple so Im gonna turn it into one. Not sure if you have all seen the blue star afghan before, but here is my first one completed.

If you have the Herrschners Blue Ribbon afghan book then you would have this pattern. Here is another idea for a ripple Ladies.

I love your work. It is beautiful. The colors are perfect. Wish I could do this.....

That is beautiful. :manyheart Great job! :clap

Wendy, That is fantastic. I have never seen that pattern before.

Well I have decided to dump the double strand I had started. The yarn didn't look right. I will use to yarn to make a 12 to 24 ripple, or maybe even get it to 48. Back to crocheting.

That is so pretty Wendy

I've added another 6 - 8 rows and am going to attempt to add points tonight. I am very happy with this version. So even if I can't get the points to behave I am going to keep going.

Archived