Join anytime to a 6 to 24 point star rr, pattern included that Aggie May has written!

Cotton Candee

Monica all your patterns are beautiful, you are just so creative.

Tabby its great to see you in here. Cant wait to see your ripple.

Judy yes it was great to be able to fix it up.

I have put all the rows back on and added more points so now have 24, might go further with the points, it depends on how big this is after I do the 10 rows.

I always new there were varieties to the ripple, different colors etc, but never knew about making ones with different size points. I think its just amazing the ripples that everyone is making with 8 points, 9 points, 12points etc. Well done everyone and keep on rippling.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy - Hi!

Tabby - I'm glad to see you here! The pattern you're using looks like it uses 4, 6inch squares at the end...it's going to look terrific.

And PJ...I love the bright colors - and size of that RR!:clap

I have this pattern OOP leaflet LA #191 Babys Best you can also get it at the leasure arts library site http://www.leisureartslibrary.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=6&idproduct=103
I've bought mine off leaflet off of ebay! It is Leisure Arts Leaflet 191.

Called Baby's Best to knit and crochet by Helen Passey.

It is called "Crocheted RAINBOW SET"

I hope this helps...it is one of the prettiest baby afghans I have made!

http://www.leisureartslibrary.com/cart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=103&idcategory=0

Thank you all for your prompt replies and links to that pretty pattern!:manyheart

Sue there are only 8 frogs there.:lol You know I really dont know why I didnt see it earlier, I guess I just thought it would come good. I have redone it and have recrocheted 6 rows and so far its quite good. Also changed the color changes as well and I like it better.

I am so glad that you not only got the "wrinkles" out but also changed the colors to your liking! It is so hard to just frog it and I think we get in denial and just think it will correct itself! Unfortunatly, if we just frogged when we first noticed it, we would do more than what needs to be done! :hook

Well you girls sure know how to boost a girls ego :manyhearts Sue I'm only nervous because it's my first ever entry. I think it will be fun though and I'm already trying to think of a pattern or something for next years. :lol

I can understand why you would be nervous this being your first entry. What is the criteria for entering? Is it your own pattern or can you do any pattern? Wish I could go and lend my moral (or immoral) support and also be able to see it up close and personal! Since I can't I will be with you in thoughts and prayers... So when is the big event?

WOW!! I am gone for a little over a day and come back to see all of these beautiful afghans! They are just gorgeous! The more I see the more ideas I get for a next one but my next ones are planned out for quite a while!! I better get more crochet time in tonight. Won't be too hard cause I messed up my knee again and it is killing me. I probably should go to the doctor but I got a bonafide excuse to sit around and crochet!!!!!

nurse.gifOh Wendy... I am so sorry to hear you are in pain from your knee! I also have bad knees and know what it is like... Hope you are able to get well soon! :hugAlso... could you post the pics of your ghan so we can see what it looks like when someone crochets on pain pills???? :P

Then at least I'd actually know someone there. :hook:devil

Our crochet group met at Hobby Lobby today and we got to sit on those hard little chairs in a cold room... Yours looks comfy and warm... and hey... we could have a blast together :devil

Beth ~ Can't wait to have you back with us!

PraiseJesus ~ It came out just so pretty! Have you given it to her yet?

Monica ~ I am glad you are liking it here! I thought you would and am so glad you joined not only this CAL but Crochetville!

Everyone's RR's are all so gorgeous! :cheer:clap:cheer

I started one this week & figured i'de follow some friends over here. :D I am using royal, blue, delft blue, white & blueberry pie. I am making mine like this one http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73851. I just fell in love with it so now i'm making one & hoping I don't have to frog the new points too many times. We shall see. :hook

queen.gifof Crochet welcome to our CAL

:queenof Crochet is a nice Gal...

You have lovely taste in the patterns you pick

To look often at your project to fix quick is the trick

The friends you did follow here I know not who

but I do now call everyone here a friend of Sue!

Can't wait to see pics of the ghan that you started

With such lovely colors picked it will soon be hearted

..fwp-smiley-06.gif

We all welcome you here with our arms wide open

We talk and share of our failures while mopin...

We show pics of our favorites we hold dear

and get praise and applause from all our peer

So welcome to the ripples Cal QueenOfCrochet

We are all so glad you decided to join today!

Sue your so clever with the poems. Keep them coming. I love reading them.

~~~ Wendy ~~~

Wendy from down under is named Aussie here...

She loves to crochet, and holds afghans dear...

She has a hubby named Kevin that she does love,

They fit together like a hand and glove...

Then lo and behold what grew but Wendy's belly,

The first daughter came along and was named Kelly!

Three years later to play with Kelly the sister,

Baby Emma was born to the Mrs & Mister...

To round out the family with pets that purr...

joined are Kitties Cocoa & Milo who have lots of furr.

Wendy's Intrests are watching movies and surfing the net

She loves to crochet and do all the crafts she can get.

Speaking of crocheting she has been doing it for years

But we all just hope that she isn't while drinking beers...

Off to work Wendy goes to be a Fixed Assets Clerk

I just hope her office is nice and her boss isn't a jerk!

According to her profile, Wendy is in her year of 43!

But don't fret for a moment for you are still younger than me!

:hug

So I hope that the poem "Wendy" that I did write

has shown Aussie on the 'ville as a cute girl and very bright!

What else was I to do with that last compliment? You are welcome Wendy! Besides... I learned so much about you! Maybe I should do everyone? lol Just kidding!

Sue it's not till August or September. I just looked at last years and I think it just said crocheted afghan. I'll have to go to their site to get the paperwork and everything figured out. I'll probably look into that this month or next.

I love to come back in this forum and look how lovely all of the rr afghans turned out!

I also would love to do the six pointed star one that changes to 24 point. But of course I will need to get the book on it!

All I can really say is that they all came out "GORGEOUS!"

Wendy, that RR is beautiful!!! About more points...up to you. If it's going to be a lot bigger, might look good with more....or not. I can never make up my mind when I'm not following a pattern exactly.:P

so i've decided to join in for this cal...i just started a 8 point rr ... i'm so excited

So here I am trying to update everyone's pic

When I come across MeMe's and I turn sick:fever

She posted she is joining and what do I do?

I miss her post and didn't add her name too.:think

So I am here to welcome MeMe to the CAL

Even though I messed up, hope you'll still be my pal.:yes

Now just cuz I messed up and missed your post to join us,

Doesn't mean you can't post pics for us to make a fuss!:yay

You teased us with your colors so nice and varigated

but a pic we haven't seen that is updated

So let's all welcome :cheerMeMe that I missed

and y'all should help me out when I don't up date the list!:devil

Sue it's not till August or September. I just looked at last years and I think it just said crocheted afghan. I'll have to go to their site to get the paperwork and everything figured out. I'll probably look into that this month or next.

Oh wow... that is a long time away!

So did you follow a pattern or is it one of yours? It it very pretty and I personally think you are already a winner! a%2Btrophy.gif

I love to come back in this forum and look how lovely all of the rr afghans turned out!

I also would love to do the six pointed star one that changes to 24 point. But of course I will need to get the book on it!

All I can really say is that they all came out "GORGEOUS!"

So, Mama_crochet... if you read this CAL from the beginning, you will find that most of us are not using a pattern... we are doing our own thing and we have also posted how to add the points. I am using Colleen aka Aggie Mays 6 pointer to start and then just adding points when I want.

So... we can get you that pattern so you can join if you wish! Just let me know so I don't miss you too!

Here is my pink ripple so far. It measure 36 inches, not sure how big Im going to go yet or whether to add more points to the 24 already there.

th_P1030311.jpg

mmessfriends_8204.gifThis is soooo pretty! I just have to get mine done so I can offically do my next one! I have a buyer for it anyway so maybe I can finish it today! I need to post new pics too but wanted to finish it up first! I also thought of doing another round of points but maybe on my rainbow one... Nice work! Just Love it!

Sue I followed the pattern. It's the Prairie Star from the Pantywaist Prairie Star CAL. Thank you Sue. I'm pretty sure that this one will be kept for myself because I really feel in love with it while I was making it.

Sue I followed the pattern. It's the Prairie Star from the Pantywaist Prairie Star CAL. If you go to ********************* and look at the free afghan patterns, it's there. Thank you Sue. I'm pretty sure that this one will be kept for myself because I really feel in love with it while I was making it.

It is just so pretty... I wouldn't even think of doing something like that! Maybe in a few years or so... but right now I have so much I want to do and work just keeps getting in the way! But then it is my main income for buying yarn so I guess I had best keep my job!

Here is my pink ripple so far. It measure 36 inches, not sure how big Im going to go yet or whether to add more points to the 24 already there.

th_P1030311.jpg

I absolutely love this afghan! You did a beautiful job on the colors and stitching! I will have to go through this whole post to find the pattern that you used. If I can find the pattern today, I am going shopping for yarn because this is going to be my next project. Thanks for sharing!

I absolutely love this afghan! You did a beautiful job on the colors and stitching! I will have to go through this whole post to find the pattern that you used. If I can find the pattern today, I am going shopping for yarn because this is going to be my next project. Thanks for sharing!

I just PM'd you Aggie Mays 6 pointer with my added points pointers. If that doesn't help, let us know and we will find a pattern that does!

So do I get to add your name on the list as well???

Sure - I would love to join but I do not know how to post pictures :( I have a digital camera but haven't had the chance to figure out how to get the pix into Photo Bucket or something similiar. That will be another challenge! If I can figure how how to do that, I can post pix of the other round ripples I made from Aggie May's pattern. Well, pix of the ones I still have anyway. Thanks for all your help! :hug

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this CAL. I've been having internet issues and trying to get a couple of small house renovations underway. I am planning on sitting down soon and working on my Aztec sun. For now, I thought I would share a couple pics of round ripples I have previously made. I hope you like them.

Baby Round Ripple made with self striping yarn

100_1773.jpg

Baby Round Ripple

100_1364.jpg

Surf and Turf Round Ripple

100_1191.jpg

ChocoCherry Round Ripple

100_1366.jpg

Marbled yarn Round Ripple

100_0946.jpg

Round Ripple made for my 2nd dad

100_1719.jpg

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this CAL. I've been having internet issues and trying to get a couple of small house renovations underway. I am planning on sitting down soon and working on my Aztec sun. For now, I thought I would share a couple pics of round ripples I have previously made. I hope you like them.

Baby Round Ripple made with self striping yarn

100_1773.jpg

Baby Round Ripple

100_1364.jpg

Surf and Turf Round Ripple

100_1191.jpg

ChocoCherry Round Ripple

100_1366.jpg

Marbled yarn Round Ripple

100_0946.jpg

Round Ripple made for my 2nd dad

100_1719.jpg

I am soooo glad you were able to post these! They are all wonderful and I can even pick a favorite! You do exquisite work and love the colors! Thankx for posting!

Sure - I would love to join but I do not know how to post pictures :( I have a digital camera but haven't had the chance to figure out how to get the pix into Photo Bucket or something similiar. That will be another challenge! If I can figure how how to do that, I can post pix of the other round ripples I made from Aggie May's pattern. Well, pix of the ones I still have anyway. Thanks for all your help! :hug

Welcome Donna to our Cal of ripples round

Can't wait to see pictures and to post you are bound!

What colors are you choosing to make Aggie Mays 6 rr star?

Are you going to add points and make it go up in points far?

We have different ways to add points & when ready to make them double

If you can't figure it out just post and we wil help when in trouble!

So I have posted your name as a member at last

As you can see here, the color combos are vast.

So everyone welcome Donna to our little group growing

Hope you will post often but don't neglete the grass mowing! (saw you like to garden and that was the closest I come come to rhymning!)

As for pic to post I can help you easily once you are ready! Just PM me when you want to learn!

I love the Aztec Sun afghan! Does anyone know if it can be purchased without buying the whole book? I really don't want all of those patterns. I'll try to post my pastel rainbow gentle waves afghan progress tonight. Gotta charge the camera batteries! LOL

Archived