Be careful what you wish for

Tampa Doll

I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, because of a very generous angel :angelhere at Crochetville.

I started a thread under crochet hooks and gadgets called Found Christmas wish.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68203

A few days later I got a pm for this Angel, telling me that my wish has been granted and I will be getting these hooks in the mail. To say the least I was floored. After she told me they were shipped, I stalked the mailman. I would tease him about his football team (NY Giants) and hope that he would have a package for me. Well, this morning I went out and congratulated him on their win and told him I hope they kick butt next week.

He then handed me a package and I almost forgot the rest of my mail.:mail

I now have the hooks open and ready to crochet. I am still working on my tree skirt and I am trying to line up other thread projects, so I can use them. The length with hook is 6” where a regular size 7 hook is 5”, I know an inch doesn’t sound like much, but for me it is.

I love the grip and the length. So without further ado, look at my new hooks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!boogie.gif

th_8x6raok01-07-08.gif(clickable)th_8x6-3-raok01-07-08.gif

Also a very big Thank you to this angel I am on :c9.

That's a wonderful gift! :woo Use them in joy and in fun! :cheer:cheer

I'm waiting on mine (:yes). You know that I ordered them because of your post about them (:2nono). But seriously, what a great idea! these interchangeable hooks are ! :hook Now I'm just waiting on delivery from Annie's Attic (:emptymail).

congrats on your new hooks. those look very nice. can't wait to see what you work up with your new hooks.

thank you secret angel for gifting these hooks. you know there is a special place for you in heaven.

I got mine yesterday afternoon. It will take some getting adusted to. Why do they have to have the thumb rest so much further down than a normal steel hook? I was having a hard time. I ended up using the adjusting screw as my thumb rest and my finger got sore rather quickly. It would make more sense to duplicate the lengths that they use for the steel hooks. Really it's has been a good length for years. Why mess around with that? If it's not broken don't fix it............ I am sure I will adjust. But it is going to take me a bit of time.

Archived