2008 Stashbusting CAL Game (winners posted #1835)

laughlovehook

What timezone are you in?  

429 members have voted

1. 1. What timezone are you in?

• Outside of the US
    • Eastern GMT -5
    • Central GMT -6
    • Mountain GMT -7
    • Pacific GMT -8
    • Alaska or Hawaii GMT -9 GMT -10

Well, went out yesterday and I only returned with 1 skein of yarn :) I'm going to be starting an afghan for my dad pretty soon, figured I'd just pick up one skein for now and will pick up more later. But all the same... -2 for me so far this week, better get going go work it off! :hook

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I had to give in to the sale of ILTY at HL :lol so I came home with 8 skeins. All but 3 are for a planned project I just have to get around to making it :lol so -16 but I was +2 so my WTD is -14 now. :sigh

My company has cut my hours, so I'm working between 16 to 20 hours a week. If I don't get back to 40/week, I'm going to look elsewhere. I've had a lot of time to crochet. I used a skein and 2 balls (+4) and finished an afghan made of 36 8 inch squares. I spent the last few days making plarn, and used it crocheting tote bags (+/- = 0). My score so far + 4. I'll try to add more before Sat.

Ellie 13

I'm just stitching together the 3 color flannelghan today, and managed to finish a skein and roll two balls, so that's +4 so far. MAybe another one or two by the end of the week *cross fingers*

Made some more progress on my 2SPR--used up 5 more partial skeins.

+19 for the week.

The positive is about to be negated since I received a box of yarn today. I'll count it up and post it later.

Finished DB's throw - LB Tasseled quick crochet throw -- I just love it - almost dont want to give it up. Rolled what was left of 2 skeins into balls so +2 and another finished project YAY :clap:clap now to start a red scarf and hat for DS with caron SS which I had to buy cause she wanted red -- so -4 there... Im not doing very well busting my stash here... But Im having a great time staying motivated and keeping everyone happy :yay

I just finished another skein on my 2 strand ghan.

I just counted up the yarn I received today in the mail---Thank You Carol :hug

I got 8 skeins and 3 balls that I am guessing are 2 skeins worth (I believe she said she frogged 2 skeins worth)

So my +2 added to my +19 gave me +21.

But that is negated by the 10 skeins.....so.....

+21 -20 = +1

At least I'm still in the positive.

Now....back to my 2 strander ghan and my 2 strander scrap rug.

I have finally gotten some crocheting done. My roommate has requested a scrapghan to take with her to Boston. So, I'm seriously working on it. So, +8 for me right now.

I haven't touched a hook in days... Finally figured out what to do with the border for my baby flannelghan. I'll attempt to finish that up tonight, so maybe I'll finally kill of another half skein or so...

I knew I was going to use up those skeins that I bought last week rather fast, but I am a little surprised just HOW fast. I bought 8 skeins and as of this morning I have already used 6 of them! I am almost done with this project and have to use a little bit more of one of the skeins to finish the assembly, but then I am done. I will use the last 1.75 skeins to make another helmet liner to ship off next week. Glad I am getting those points back quickly!

So far this week: +12

Sara

Used 2 balls on making 8" squares for 2 people. started a triangle shawl with my leftover boucle, one strand and since I have around 10 oz of it I don't see me finishing too soon.

+2 for last night.

Archived