Wow...Now This Is A BEAUTIFUL Christmas Tree...

This is a gorgeous tree, Poochie, and it would be wonderful to have one like it. I have a few snowflakes I crocheted many years ago but not nearly this many. (While I was making them my husband wasn't very happy with the idea, but once they were on the tree, he totally changed his mind, LOL.)

That is totally my plan for this year's tree! Except it's miniaturized- I even made up patterns for 6 snowflakes and a pineapple and a mini angel tree topper. I'm going to have white lights and I think I'm going to hang a few miniature candy canes on it too (haven't decided yet, I just have a HUGE box of them from my grandmother). I even made up a tree skirt pattern! :cheer

Now, I just have to clean so I have a place to put it... funny, it's the craft/crochet stuff that's in the way! :P

I have printed off some snow flake patterns and hopefully will have some on my tree next year. I will still keep the ornaments I have, just add lots of snow flakes.:hook

Beautiful tree!

Did you see this close up of this snowflake:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10589535@N02/2086645284/in/photostream/

love that one!

Here's another one with a variety of snowflakes, well looks like 2 or 3 different ones.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10589535@N02/2091222790/in/photostream/

so pretty!

Thanks for sharing the link.

Debbi

I have lots of crocheted items on my tree. My goal many years ago was to have my tree have only handmade items on it with lights. I have some of the ornaments the kids made in grade school on there and some crocheted snowmen, crocheted snowflakes that I bought from a lady at a craft show for $1.00 a piece (what a steal). Also a crochetd pineapple angel also purchased at a craft show. I don't remember how much I paid for it though.

Your tree is beautiful!

That is a gorgeous tree! Any idea how many snowflakes on it? Just trying to work out how many snowflakes to make every week so that there would be enough to decorate NEXT years tree;) A fast (and inaccurate count) gets roughly 100 snowflakes on THIS side of the tree, so double it to 200 to cover the entire tree. That means about 4 snowflakes EVERY week, without fail, to get a stunning tree like this. That is really a labor of love! I would soooooo love to do this, but I can not get the stiffening agent that is sold in The USA, and even if I could, I probably could not put it on the plane to get it to Morocco....I am sure it would be considered flamable of potentially explosive.....so, is there an alternative that can be used? Would watered down glue (like Elmer's) work?

That is a gorgeous tree! Any idea how many snowflakes on it? Just trying to work out how many snowflakes to make every week so that there would be enough to decorate NEXT years tree;) A fast (and inaccurate count) gets roughly 100 snowflakes on THIS side of the tree, so double it to 200 to cover the entire tree. That means about 4 snowflakes EVERY week, without fail, to get a stunning tree like this. That is really a labor of love! I would soooooo love to do this, but I can not get the stiffening agent that is sold in The USA, and even if I could, I probably could not put it on the plane to get it to Morocco....I am sure it would be considered flamable of potentially explosive.....so, is there an alternative that can be used? Would watered down glue (like Elmer's) work?

Yes, that would work!!

About 3 cups of warm water and

5 oz of white glue and just stir it up to dilute it. then drip the

snow flake in and pin and block. they dry faster and are really

stiff, like stand up on their own stiff. They also don't seem to get

dirty as easy as the glue puts a protective coating on them, but, you

can rewash and re stiffen them if need be by dipping in warm water a few

times, rinsing well to get the glue off, wash, then redip in diluted glue.

Archived