Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Rebecca! :hug

i almost used that ufo clip art! but how did you get it to flash ------ ooooooooooooooooo
Secret! :devil Tee hee, just kidding! I used Adobe ImageReady, which came with Photoshop when I bought it. It lets you work with animated GIFs. It's the only software I have that can do that... I think. :think:lol BTW, I almost used the same clipart you used, too! :lol

I actually messed with the animation a bunch, because they had the UFO moving around. Also the flashing was way too fast :loco so I slowed it down.

i need to go back and outline the other 2.
I do like borders! They give such nice definition! :tup

Okay, I take the pledge, but how do I decide which button to use? My main UFO at the moment is a shawl which seemed like a good idea at the time, but I gave up and buried it under a bunch of stuff. It has to be frogged, and it's a mix of yarns that aren't going to give up easily.

Would you guys cut it out with the cool buttons already!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have to decide which one to use!:eek:think

:rofl

You know what sucks? It's worse than not remembering the hook size, worse than not remembering the pattern...when you don't remember what the hell you were making!!! I almost never use a pattern for things I make (I think it's the teen rebel in me) and sometimes I'll pull out a UFO from my crochet box and just think "What the hell was thing going to be??" My family is no help either. "Oh that's that abstract thing you were making." :think Gee thanks, mom.

I am so in. *grabs all the buttons and runs*

I was in before the button even arrived. I had declared April WIPathon month on my blog, but UFO is probably the better word for it. Exactly when does a WIP become a UFO??? :think:think:think:think

I'll have to update my blog tonight. I'll be finishing or frogging after I get a few more charity blankies done.

Sara

I Exactly when does a WIP become a UFO??? :think:think:think:think

In my world, when I really stop working on it. As in, it sits around, started but unfinished, in a box/basket/whatever for weeks and weeks on end and I don't even THINK about it. Heh.

I have a baby ripple afghan I started for the ripple-along and it is just sitting in the bottom of one of my baskets, untouched, unfinished, unthought of since ... mid-January? It's a UFO, not a WIP (though I think I have WIPs that are older than it but get a few rows in here and there).

:)

I unofficially started this a week ago when I gave my 63 Squares yarn stash up for donation. :devil I am so in!!

I fear that I'll be froggin' more than finishin'. :D

OMG, I am definitely in on this one ... I cleaned out our bedroom this weekend (hence, also my stash) and found a few, even tossed two, one that was too snarled to contemplate and another that was just a chain and a couple of rows and I haven't a clue what it was intended to be. Actually started working on one of my UFO's the end of last week, so this is good timing!

Now to decide which button to use. The froggin one just cracks me up, lol.

I couldn't decide between the 2 UFO ones so I put one on my general blog and the other on my pattern blog. I still might swipe that frog one and put it on my general blog, we'll see.

:frog

Oh!

I love *both* new buttons!!!! :manyheart

Donna, you don't have to confess to all your UFO's all at once :faint

Take it one neglected project at a time:hook

When does a WIP become a UFO???? It's hard to assign a specific amount of time, but I we all know one when we see one. When you accidentally come across it, sigh, and think "I should really do something with that....." but don't :D

Holly

Wow!

I'm really intrigued:think , but I have UFOs that are YEARS OLD!!! including a lovely rose and pineapple doily--I can't frog that:eek . I just need to make about eight more roses...and 48 leaves...and a border full of double trebles and picots.

Of course, the alternative is finishing it.:blush

Maybe this could push me along. Besides, I love the buttons.;)

I have 2 UFO's. One is a shawl that I can't even remeber what the stitch is and how to do it. The other is a blanket I made and never finished. I can't really finish it either because I can't buy the same yarn here in Australia but it's way to big to frog. It could cover a King size bed (over 80 hours of work on it so far)!! I think I'll have to commit to doing something about finishing it the best way I can so it doesn't sit in a bag for the rest of my/it's life.

Say NO to UFO's!!

Hee hee :lol

Bec

ok i gotta join this one......i've got many ufo's....started then tossed in walmart bags (come on, I WORK there :lol) lets see....A "pretty as a peacock" shawl, ds's ripple ghan, hubby's eagle filet chart (frogged but still started over and left aside LOL) oh and lets not mention my 63 squares. I think I'll pledge to finish the shawl and ripple ghan before starting anything else new

:lol:lol

I have 2 UFO's. One is a shawl that I can't even remeber what the stitch is and how to do it. The other is a blanket I made and never finished. I can't really finish it either because I can't buy the same yarn here in Australia but it's way to big to frog. It could cover a King size bed (over 80 hours of work on it so far)!! I think I'll have to commit to doing something about finishing it the best way I can so it doesn't sit in a bag for the rest of my/it's life.

Say NO to UFO's!!

Bec

What do you have left to do on the blanket? If you just need yarn for a border, maybe you could frog it a bit to make it slightly smaller, and use the yarn from that? Or get a complementary colour. ;)

I'm in... I only have one UFO, unless you count the 63 squares CAL with the missing squares... so I don't count it, since I can't find it. Besides, the yarn that was supposed to be the CAL, disappeared into kitty blankets for the shelter. I recently tossed a couple afghan UFO's.... I spent hours frogging the yarn & finally decided to toss it. I'd rather spend my time recycling wool sweaters than recyling acyrlic that I don't use other than for animal blankets anyway.

BecccaRoo, is that the lacy shawl like you made for Cosette? I can remind you how to do it. As for the monster blankie, I'm sure we can stock you up when you come home, or I can mail the yarn to you! You guys should see this monster blankie--it's enormous but done in I think sportweight yarn, so it takes forever to get anywhere on it! Poor girl gave herself carpal tunnel working on this thing! :worried

But it's beautiful. You should put up a pic, sis. Love you!:manyheart

:book Raquel

Say NO to UFO's!!

Bec

Yes. It's a black version of the Cosette shawl and the monster blankie hasn't been touched since it's been hot here. I need to pull it out and make a decision. :think

OK...so ya know I HAD to do this. I HAD to cut skeins of yarn and throw the UFOs away. Don't ask me what they were 'supposed' to be because they were so tangled I have no idea. I know a couple of them were yarn w/fur. I think there were at least 4 UFOs I had to trash. There was just no detangling them. But on a positive note, they weren't UFOs that I've been posting on my Wed WIPs. So they don't count! :sofunny

I think I know what I'm going to commit to as soon as I finish my pillowghan and the baby ensemble.

I started a MAM in an arrowhead pattern and stopped after the first strip. I still have the strip and it's done in RH SS in black and light berry so I should be able to get the yarn to finish it. I really like that pattern too and that's the only UFO that I seem to want to finish.

:frog

Well, I'm working on a UFO at work! It's a ripple (see ripple-along) afghan for my friend...was SUPPOSED to be for Christmas but she got a k*****d scarf and hat (my first efforts doing the k-word.) Now to brave my closet and see what other UFO's await.

Kathy in NC

Archived