Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

I don't think I've checked in here since May or June -- it's been a crazy six months!!! I'm happy to say, though, that I did finally finish that baby blanket that I started ages ago. I managed to get it to him right after he turned one year old. There are pictures of the blanket on my blog: http://somuchtocrochet.blogspot.com/2006/10/success.html. His momma tells me that he likes to wrap himself up in it like a burrito!

I've got a couple more UFOs buried under a pile in my easy chair... but I think they're going to stay on hold until after I've got my holiday projects finished. Right now I'm working on a big stack of Christmas tree ornaments to give as gifts (in between writing papers and studying for finals!).

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I am going to have to start in on my ufo's again after christmas. I have way to many new ones now. And after trying to finish an afghan in time for christmas I am really ready to work on something else!

Boy do I have some of those UFOs lying around the house!! :ohdear

I'm afraid I'm one of those people who can't seem to finish one project before I'm starting another :hyper . I just get so excited every time I see or hear about another great project that I just have to put down the one I'm working on and start another :bounce . I'll be pretty busy until after the holidays, but then I'm going to get busy and finish all the UFOs that have possibilities and - well, I know what to do with the rest - :2frog them and use the yarn to make something else!. Once finished - I can probably open my own shop! :laughroll

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't checked in here in awhile. I missed the joining party for Warm Up America (they changed the date). As soon as I finish my Christmas stuff ( I'm in that CAL too), I 'll have to put my squares together and send them to Project Linus. For the new year I'm going to get my yarn, UFO's and WIP's all organized. Then I'm NOT going to buy any more yarn or start anything new until I've finished it all.

Ellie 13

Good luck Ellie...I hope you accomplish that goal! After christmas I want to get all my WIP's and UFO's done and then I need to make a baby blanket and a stuffed yarn Winnie the Pooh. These may have to be started before I finish everything since they are for other people but I want to atleast get a darn good start on everything else.

• 4 weeks later...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Has anyone started resolutions yet? In my apt. building we have until the end of Jan. to clean up the basement. I have to get anything that is not in my "corral" in it or my apt. or toss it. I was told the Savation Army (other charity) will take stuff. I'll have to see what I can get rid of. This will give me motivation. Where will I put my stash?

Ellie 13

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone, how are you all?

I know it's been awhile but I just had to let you know I finished my sons throw and sil's full size blanket, whew, that was a toughie.

I finished the hat/scarf and the bath mat and the center piece doily as well as some shamrocks for this past holiday (shamrock were not UFO's) but I still have the "that 70's vest" and that last granny slipper up there as well as the granny afghan hubby wants and I'm sure there are still more things hidden away in zipper bags but I have to get up there and go thru all the tubs.

I hope you are all well and have gotten more done than I did, :lol

Cindy

CrochetCatskills

I was thinking to myself that I must finish all my projects that are shoved in plastic bags cause I found a more interesting pattern to do, or I got bored.

Have about half a dozen to finish:-

Knitted square cat blanket - need to finish off centre piece with name, not sure if I will back it with fleece or crochet a border:knit

Baby snow dragon - re-do arms, legs and tail

Cat nip mouse - sew on ears

Flower scarf - not sure if Iam going to sew them all together or crochet a thin green scarf and sew them and add some leaves

Purple 3 strand scarf - weave in ends and possibly crochet a border

Pig - Sew on ears, make, stuff and sew on legs

Mushroom - sew on lid and add some beeds and a button

Iam also in the process of making a design for a flower bedspread, cushion covers, matching duvet set and curtains (from a set I saw in a catalouge)

:catRoxy :cat

• 1 year later...

Hey I can actually say that I am working on a couple ufo's! I am working on a knit baby blanket in the row a day cal. Then in the wheel cal I am working on a 3 sub for my son, a cottage bag, cathedral rose afghan, and a thread winnie the pooh. I have finished a couple of things but can't think of them off the top of my head.

Archived