Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

Patricia, no that one I linked to is crocheted. Single crochet in the back of the stitch all the way!

Here's the knitted one I just finished. WAY more hours to knit one than to crochet. This one is a gift for sister and BIL.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL252/1600103/3758367/148215409.jpg

If you think I didn't get enough of ladybugs, I actually just ordered a KIT with crocheted ladybugs. Just can't help it. That one will be MINE. Other than the Afghans, the rest are somewhat quick to do projects.

Crochet UFOs left that I've found so far:

Summer Sling Bag

63 square afghan

tractor stocking

Colorful tissue box

pillow

Bag lady

I also want to finish my Mom's Rose Afghan and Crochet Dudes' Flying Afghan this year although they are CURRENT rather than UFO.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooooh, your ladybug (knitted!) afghan is incredible! :cheer:clap:nworthy

now I really want to learn to knit to make that one! Or taking the low road, maybe do it in afghan stitch. It is really lovely! :flower

sorry to be absent for awhile. life gets busy sometimes. but i'm still plugging along on my GFG lapghan and i'm almost half way done with the remaining hexes needed to finish it. the busiest part of greenhouse season is over (mothers day and memorial day) and now i get to go to 3 days a week, which is what i like. that way i get time to do other things.

hope everybody is making progress on their UFOs or keeping other projects from becoming UFOs.:lol

keep up the good work!!:cheer

Hey there!

Dazy, Im glad that you are going to have more time to do more things you enjoy. :)

I have been working slowly but surely at my fish afgan. It takes me a little over an hour to knit just one fish and then I feel bored with it and pick up another WIP to work on. :) I think I am just going to frog :frog the shrug that has been hanging out since October or November.

In between tedious fishies I have been making a shawl. http://secure.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=127024

Neither my fish afgan or the shawl is crochet, they are both knit. :knit I hope you all dont mind. I just love the support of this community to keep me going. Once the fish afgan and the shawl is done, I want to join the 'hat a week' CAL. Here's hoping I can knock out :boxsome of these WIPs. I have been on vacation all week but so has my Andy. He goes back to work tomorrow so hopefully I can get some knitting and crocheting done :)

Hope you all are having a great week!

Karen, that yarn looks fantastic! I've only bought once from Elann, but I love that yarn. Also, so many beautiful patterns are knit. I keep telling myself one of these days I'll teach myself to knit, but first I have to teach myself thread and now I'm going on a dishcloth kick (I'm in need of some, and why buy them when I can make them!).

Which brings me to my update. There's good and well, okay... So, I finished the Seaside Treasure afghan that I was making in mint green. I turned it into my May charity blitz project. I found out last week that a friend of mine in Florida has lung cancer, so I'll be sending this to her as a gift from me. She hasn't felt well for a long time, and I hadn't realized it was so serious. But she's started chemo and radiation, and is on good pain medicine, so that's all very positive.

But, I started (and almost completed) two new projects! That's the "well, okay" part from above. I've been wanting to teach myself thread crochet, so I bought some thread, bought some steel needles, and made a doily. I only have to finish the last round and weave in ends (about 30 minutes worth of work) and I'm done! I also bought a bunch of Sugar N Cream yarn last night in lots of different colors, so that I could make some dishcloths. I really need some, and why buy when I can make them. I like having a smaller project that I can complete in one sitting.

So, I've made progress, sorta, but my yarn stash has grown quite a bit in the last 2 weeks (I've been under a lot of stress and instead of eating ice cream, I buy yarn!).

One of these days, I'll win that battle against entropy.

oh, karen. that is a beautiful shawl. :manyheart it looks like tree branches. you'll get lots of compliments when wearing it.

i've never quite gotten the hang of thread crochet. i can either thread crochet, or breathe. but i can't seem to do both at once. i concentrate so hard on keeping track of where the stitches are, then i stop and take a breath. :lol i've made a bookmark and a little thread heart. my DH says if i ever made a doily, i'd pass out.:faint:out

sounds like we're doing pretty well considering its summer and now we've got even more things to keep us busy. i guess when it gets too hot to be outside, we can sit in the A/C and stitch.:hook

Well, it has been a long time since I posted, :blush and I feel bad about it. I've missed you all. So...

Congratulations to everyone who has been finishing or frogging!

Congratulations to you, Karen, on your upcoming wedding!

The good news is - I HAVE been working. My original list below has some completed items and some NEW:blush ones!

1. Bobbles and Petals Afghan (started 20-- 1900's sometime) COMPLETE :)

2. Yuletide throw afghan (started for a Christmas long ago)

3. 63 Squares (19 squares done)

4. Cathedral Rose Afghan (1st section done)

5. 35 / 56 Squares (I increased squares to 56) COMPLETE :)

6. Lace and Bobbles Afghan (Yarn bought - gift for niece)

7. Floral Table Runner - Olympics - close to finishing

8. Lace stole - Olympics (knitting) - not very close to finishing.

9. NEW - Prairie Star Afghan COMPLETE :)

10. NEW - Sweet Pea Shawl

I put away the YuleTide afghan until a more appropriate season and I am now working on the 63 Squares AGAIN.

Keep going everyone who is in a crochet funk. (Someone told me that item one on the list - which I had been working on for at LEAST 12 years must be some kind of UFO record - but I finished it so if I can do it, any one can!

Here are some clickable pictures of finished objects. Thanks for keeping this thread going!

th_Bob2.jpg th_PSfull2z.jpg th_56squarebarneyzfull.jpg

th_56sqdetailz.jpg

diane, you have really been busy. way to go.:cheer the pictures are great. and the crocheted cat looks so realistic. :lol

i made a whole 2 hexes last night. at this rate, i'll be joining this thing this time next year. :blush

Diane, I love your Praire Star! And I really like the 35 squares (that's the one with your kitty, right?). I may have to get that book. I like squares that are worked in rounds.

And since it was 512 degrees out this weekend (or at least it felt like it!) :eek I decided to stay inside in the AC and crochet this weekend. I was a crocheting fool this weekend!

I started work on a project from Afghans for All Seasons, book 4. I think it's called Pool Time. It's worked across the length of the ghan in strips of SC (I'm using HDC instead) in a MC, alternating with strips of cluster "eggs" in two contrasting colors. I'm using RH Ranch Red as my MC, RH Peach as one of the contrasting colors, and Caron Sayelle in Sunset Ombre (a gorgeous variegated) as the other contrasting color. I'm going to have a bazillion ends to weave in! :eek I originally started out with the Sayelle as a yarn donation from Project Linus, and I got the Peach and Ranch Red to go along with it. This afghan is turning out to be beeeyoootiful, and one of these days, I'll finish it and have pictures.

Oh, and I finished a doily, 2 dishclothes, and halfway completed another doily this weekend. I'm new to thread, so I had a hankering to work on that doily some. I even managed to read some this weekend and watch tennis, and most of this occured yesterday! :lol

Lisa, like any of us need to take on anyone elses UFOs. i've got my hands full as it is. fight that urge.:lol

i've got 25 of the 40 hexes done that i need to finish my lapghan. and i'm working on my quiltghan and a shrug for 2 other CALS i'm in. slowly, but surely, i'm making headway.

keep working at it, gang.:cheer :cheer

i've made today a crochet day for me. gonna make some progress on some of the projects i've got sitting next to the chair. i've got 9 more hexes to make for my lapghan and then i have to join 40 to the finish the lapghan and then try to put some kind of border on it. i hope i have enough yarn to finish it without having to make a trip to town. i'm going to make a push to get as much done on it as i can today. gotta give myself a mental :kick.

how is everyone else doing on their UFOs?:tryme

Ultra exclusive???? HAHAHA!!!

Your in, that's how exclusive it is!!!

Dazy, good for you, let us know how you do.

Me? I still got those two, what are you folks going to do with me???

If you've got the will-power, you can do what I am......I am NOT ALLOWING myself to buy ANY MORE craft supplies (this includes yarn.....aaaaaah!) until I finish my unfinished crafts OR get rid of them from my shelves....Now, since I couldn't POSSIBLY get rid of an unfinished craft, I feel the URGE to finish these! AND HURRY!

ahhhhhhhhhh not buying any more yarn until my UFOs are done... I have been trying to do that.. with no luck. Im going to crank out about a dozen charity hats once I get my shawl done. I have to use up some of this yarn. It is driving me crazy! lol

:manyheart

OK, I need to do this!

The only way I EVER get things done is when I make things as tests for designers (those ladies know how to crack the whip; I'm looking at YOU, Anna! :lol )

The two UFO's I am talking about are the baby blanket for my niece (who may be going into Kindergarten before I finish) and the afghan for my poor, ever suffering BF (who just looks at me :ohdear every time I ask to go to the LYS' in Memphis).

I will UFO no more! (after my goodies for the Accessories swap, THEN I'll be good :angel)

:hi and:welcome Catherine. we can be tough if you want us to. how's this :kick ? or maybe :tryme ?

on my end, i've got down to the last of my lapghan and it's really putting up a fight. last night i had 40 to sew on and then put on a border. i worked on that thing for 3 hours and every time i thought i was doing good, i'd have to frog some. i added 7 and found out 6 were on wrong side out. :frog put those on right, sewed on 3 more and they were in the wrong places. :thair !! :2frog some more. got down to the last 9 and found i'd went all the way around a flower that i wanted to go 3/4 of the way around. so, i put it to bed for the night and :frog and worked on it some this morning. i've now got 6 to go and the border. i thought about vowing to not stop tonight till it's done, but i'm afraid i'll anger the evil blankie and i don't want that again.:scared

now, get on those UFOs. move it, move it!!:cheer

FINALLY!! i got it done.:woo:jumpyay:yay it took me till midnight last night, but i finished the lapghan. why in the world would any lapghan take 3 months to do? shameful, isn't it? now i'm going to give it to a friend of mine that works at the nursing home and have her give it to the person she thinks could use a pick-me-up. here's a picture. don't look at the few ends that still need to be woven in. i didn't find those till this morning.

crochetthings005-1.jpg

now i've got to get back to my shrug. while trying to finish the lapghan, the shrug took on UFO status. do the UFOs ever end?:blush

Archived