Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

Dazy - It's beautiful. I love the way you use color. The variegated looks wonderful. Congratulations on getting another one done!:clap

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank You, everyone.:hug i used scraps to do it. it's called grandmothers flower garden. there is a CAL for this pattern and you can go there and get the instructions on making it. yes, it's free. otherwise, i wouldn't have done it. i like free.

i also finished my shrug last night. it's just a short-sleeved one with a narrow trim.

i got the crocheting for dummies book last week, so expect more UFOs in my future as i try to learn new stitches beyond the basics that i know.:think

keep on working on those projects. :cheer

OH DAZY- that is so beautiful :cheer congrats on finishing

wow, putting all those little circles together.... that is alot of work. (just read the pattern) you much have the patience of Noah, you go girl !! :hook

_____

cindy

Another wow for me this morning, I just looked at Krystal16's Butterfly Afghan..... wow wow wow, you did a great job congrats to you too :cheer

I can only hope I get that good some day.

_____

cindy

hey, it's good to see everyone. :hi

krystal~ checked out your pics. you do lovely work.

cindy~ not so much patience as bullheadedness.:box it started out a lapghan and became an uphill battle. thing is, it's not as much work as the quiltghan i'm over halfway through now. i'm doing an around the world quiltghan with 313 three inch squares. i've got about 132 squares to go. i must be insane.:loco

now that i've caught up, i'm gonna make a few granny squares to put up for when someone needs them for comfortghans and make some cellphone cases to sell at the farmers market. and i've started an afghan for my son. it's to go on his recliner for naptimes. it's just double crochets in RH painted desert and coordinating colors. so, i guess i didn't stay out of trouble for long. i'll be here forever.:blush:sigh

ok. back at it. get busy people!!:cheer:kick:cheer

OK, worked on my UFO some more today - but had to throw in some dishcloths for end of year gifts for teachers. Made these using some cotton I bought in a grocery sack of yarn I got for $1 this weekend. Had 6 little balls of cotton, a few full skeins of acrylic, some scrap balls, etc...what a bargain! So, those were started AND finished today, so they don't count against my "NO NEW PROJECTS" rule, do they? ;) Feels sort of refreshing chopping away at the UFO's a little at a time, decreasing the stash with odd projects here and there.

Has anyone ever worked a scrapghan as they go? Have some black or neutral color hanging around and just plucked out a square or two here and there? Or do you sit down with all your scraps and work on it solid?

i've finished projects and then made squares from the leftovers and put them in a bag till i got enough to make something out of. i think that's a good way to sneak up on an afghan.:lurk

i've got 8 squares in the stash now that i will either donate to a comfortghan or get enough saved up to make an afghan from. alot of times someone wants certain colors for a comfortghan and i can check my stash to see if i have it. if i'm gonna sit down and work solid on something, i'd rather pick out colors for it. are you thinking of using up your scraps on a ghan? :yes

yes, we'll let you get away with end of school gifts. you gotta have those.

(BTW, way to go on the yarn haul.)

Thanks, Dazy...I was sorta hoping to do a "little at a time" scrapghan - bought a 70's vintage pattern book at a garage sale this weekend ($1) that has 2 scrap patterns in it that are very funky...but neat. But, I think what I will do it make the Prarie Star using my leftover baby yarn and a smaller hook, see what I come up with... Have some variegated that I can use for the "white", too. Made up one diamond and it went well...but wrestling with myself that I need to wait on the project - other things first, y'know?

Thanks for the leniency with the end of school gifts... ;) I made 2 round dishcloths, then woved some yarn through the holes and made a little gift bag I put some little post-it stationery in...turned out way cute.

This is the pattern I used: http://huggems.netfirms.com/rnddishcloth.html Found one mistake - somewhere in ROund 6, it says to do something in next 2 sts and should be next 3 sts....

Alright, this is ridiculous! I have to stop browsing this forum...now I stumbled on the plastic bag CAL and OOOOOOOOH I want to join in. With 4 kids, you have no idea HOW MUCH plastic bag material I have in a week...maybe I'll just make the "yarn" and not do anything with it yet - does that constitute starting a new project? What do you think? :think

Well, got the new yarn, so I can get back to work tonight. Went to some yard sales and found at least 10 skeins of Fun Fur and Jai Alai at one sale for 75c each. Bought them all, of course. She also had completed scarves for $1.00 and I thought I'd buy them all up and recycle the yarn, but decided not to be a complete hog. My daughter (7) now has a pair of those furry flip flops now. :D

Wow!! That great, I'm glad everyone is try to finish there UFOs. Because of this it made me want to finish 2 project I never was able to finish. Now maybe I go finish that match hat for my scarf. Hmmm or maybe finish the blanket, purse, or ... so much to do. Good luck everyone. Later, L.

My UFO curtain has had to take a back seat for awhile. I am now puppy sitting. She is a small chihuahua-dachsund cross and is specially bred to be a very small little dog. She is 3 mos old and is just a little doll and a bundle of go. If I get anything out to work on when she is here, she thinks it is a toy for her. I do occasionally get to add a few stitches now and then so work is going much slower for the time being. I do hope someday to get it finished.

woohoo! sounds like you all are getting it done. :clap i hear ya about the dog. i've got a weinerdog and she thinks she is supposed to sleep under whatever i'm working on. i've started a throw for my son. it's just double crochets, but he needs a nappy blanket for his recliner in his apartment. can't have a decent nap without it. i hope i can get it done before it gets cool enough to need it.:lol

keep pushing on those UFOs. :cheer :cheer

At least your problem is dogs...I tend to get up early and if it's quiet, I crochet for a bit before the house wakes up. As each kid wakes up, they insist on climbing in my lap under my work to snuggle. Once I hit three kids, I can no longer see my work or move my arms!!!! Can't stick them in the doggie house!

Oh boy, oh boy! I'm getting there...only 8 more rows to go. (It's really like 16 because you do a color row, then a white row, but it's easier to count the color ones). Then onto the border and send it out! Maybe by the weekend I'll be done???

My next UFO isn't in crochet, so I'll be taking a break from this post after this baby blanket.

I have an unfinished scrapghan that has been sitting in my basket haunting me and heaping guilt on my back everytime I pass it by. I just recently joined the scrapghan crochet-along. Then I saw this CAL for UFO's. So, can the same project qualify me for both CAL's? Or is that cheating? :P I need all the encouragement I can get!

Doesn't sound like cheating to me, or I'm a cheater! :P

I did make some progress this week on my huge stash (because I'm planning a new project, and just waiting for the yarn to come in the mail, alas).

I also had to start a new project for my summer SP, and I only have a few weeks left to finish that up and get it to her.

But I did several rows of one afghan that's been ongoing for a while, and at this point, I'm about halfway finished with it. It's worked side to side, so each row takes a while, and since I have to change yarn after 2 rows (it's a fabulous striped pattern), the weaving of the ends will take forever! :eek

So, I guess it's fair to say I'm making some small progress. I think I'm going to limit myself to working on 3 projects at a time - otherwise I get overwhelmed and work on nothing. So, my 3 projects right now are the afghan, the project for my SP and the new afghan (a filet project) that I'll start as soon as I get the yarn. Once I finish one of these, I can take up another one of my UFO's.

You have all inspired me to work on my UFOs. I have already finished one and am working on a stripped afghan. After that I have a grannies daughter scrapghan that I am dreading. :eek I just need to remember how pretty the picture looked. I will also take in the advice given here to work on it for a short time each day. congrats to all of you who are makeing great strides in getting your UFOs done.:clap

Archived