Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

I have to say I was curious about the UFO's also. :lol

I have several of them but I just can't do them right now. I have sweater for my little boy. He is 2 and a half but I am making it sized 4T. I am hoping that it will be done by the time he can fit into it!

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think pretty much everything at this point is a UFO. I do have a reasonably good excuse: I moved about 10 days ago, after having been in my former location for 13 years.

I am setting up a craft room, and it's almost done! :cheer I think it looks fab. I've even found most of my yarn and I did finally find my hooks. So, I'm ready to get hooking again after almost 6 weeks off from crochet.

But the thing is: when I come home, I see the approx. 40 boxes I still haven't unpacked. Did you know that when you move, boxes of stuff have babies? No matter how many you unpack, the number of boxes left to unpack never diminishes! :lol

I just have an urgent desire to get unpacked before I feel I can relax again and read or crochet. So, I guess unpacking is my greatest UFO, along with my several remaining projects.

Is anyone still doing the UFO-along?

While buying yarn for the fall purse swap, I realized just how many UFO's I really have...and I'm still buying yarn for more projects! I need to go through my stash and see which projects need to be finished...but I can name at least 10 off the top of my head. :blush

So, as soon as I go through my stash, I will come here and list them all...then hopefully finish them, one by one.

And, since I just got a new hard drive, I feel confident that I can join an -along again, without losing contact! LoL

I finished an afghan and some Christmas stockings (only "socks" I make)

I cleaned my apt. and found more UFOs and stash. I put some aside to donate and frogged some UFOs. I still have a bag of squares and hexagons to put together. I'm at my parents house and my mom has a BIG box of yarn donated by a man whos wife died a while back. She wants me to take it :eek ! How am I ever going to use it all? I think I have enough to last years!

Ellie 13

Ok, I really need this CAL ! I am the queen of unfinished projects!! You guys have no idea ... I have unfinished projects as baby gifts for children who are turning 6 this year ... :-) And of course there are thousands of want-to-starts in the back of my mind, but really I need to clear out some of these UFO's first!!!

Ok, I will list them all out:

1. purse for my sister

2. purse for me

3. scarf for niece (xmas present)

4. pillow for me

5. afghan for boyfriend

6. baby afghan (now to donate)

7. potholders

8. afghan for mom

9. afghan #1 to frog

10. afghan #2 to frog

11. red scarf for CAL

I have my work cut out for me!! (I am sure there are some that I forgot about ... I might have to add more to my list later) My goal is to get all done by Christmas, except the red scarf, by mid-January ...

I'm still in on this one, but I have not made much progress lately. My UFO had to be set aside for a while so that I could make a tea cosy for the tea cosy swap. Also, I have been making things for my secret pal.

However, that unfinished scrapghan is draped over the back of my chair, staring at me. I won't put it away so that I can not avoid it! :P I really want to finish it. Then I am going to just give all that acrylic worsted weight yarn I have to someone I know who crochets for charity. I know that some of you ladies love that stuff and I do not want any of you to take this in any way personally because I do not mean it that way, not one little bit, but I really do not like working with Red Heart Supersaver etc. at all! I have bunches of it and it makes me feel guilty everytime I buy more yarn. So, I finish this project and then I give what's left to someone who appreciates the yarn more than I! :cheer

Busymom, I'm sure you'll easily find someone to take your yarn (and yep, it'll be perfect for someone doing charity work). BTW, I always suggest folks who don't like RH check out TLC, because it's the same basic consistency, but soooo soft.

Anyway, I have an afghan that I finished crocheting, but because it has lots of stripes, it also has lots of ends for me to weave in! :eek But it's nice, mindless work for someone to do when they're watching a Monday Night Football double header!

Ok, after looking through my stash I found many UFO's that are basically done BUT needed all those pesky ends tucked in.:blush I HATE doing this part, so now I have to set aside a day just to finish off all those little nasties. :thair To show ya'll how much I hate this part I'll go ahead and tell ya what I did this summer.

Anytine my kids said they were "bored" I gave them jobs to do around the house, one biggie was I got whatever I just finished and showed them how to tuck in the ends.:rofl Ya know after a couple of times they learned to never say the "B" word.

Now that they are back to school I loose my lil' helpers:devil

This CAL is PERFECT!!!!!

I just went thru all of my UFO's this weekend and cleaned up and tossed out. I found some yarn to do the Victoria's Secret Skirt so now I don't have to buy any.

You never know what you will find in your UFO's and stash until you're breave enought to look.

I'm still in this one also. I haven't gotten any done on my last UFO and have another baby afghan slowly becoming a UFO. I think I'm subconciously coming up with things to do other than my scrapghan. I'm sick of making grannies daughters. I'm also trying to finish up a baby afghan for my cousin.

hi, my name is dazy and i've been a bad crocheter.(shame, shame :2nono). i was in this CAL last spring and also the crochet a quilt one. i was doing good. then summer came along. the only thing i have less control over than my crocheting is my gardening. i LOVE to work in the yard. so, the yarn and hooks got put aside for awhile and i went out to play. got a part-time job in a nursery and grew some herb plants to sell at the local farmer's market. now that things have slowed down outside, i've picked up my hook again and started making things. of course, by now the quiltghan is an official UFO and i'm going to get back on it this evening. it's so close to done i can see light at the end of the tunnel. it's either that or a train.:scared

• 2 weeks later...

I think the fact that almost none of us that have joined this cal are working on our ufo's anymore shows just how bad we all are at started way to many new projects before finishing others. :)

I frogged one of my ufos yesterday. So that makes two ufos I have left to work on. Should beable to get some work done on them next week after I finish that baby afghan I'm finishing.

I am making some real progress on a UFO: I started the Baroque jacket from HH early in the summer, and then let it drop. Well, I'm trying to get it finished this week to take with me when I go to Indy next week on a business trip. I've completed the upper portion, including the sides, and I started on the bottom portion last night. I then need to do the sleeves and some rows on the edges, weave the ends, and I should be good to go! It's coming out a little larger than I thought it would, but that's okay.

It uses a repeating 3 row pattern that is very easy to work up. I'm making this in Endless Summer Luna (http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=elann%2Ecom+Endless+Summer+Luna&Cat=&ProductType=5&Count=1), in a dark copper color (they don't have that color currently on their website, but you can get an idea of this yarn, which I think is beyond fabulous, it is so soft, and silky and shiny!).

The good news is a cold front is moving into Austin tonight, and this weekend is going to be cold and rainy, perfect crocheting-while-watching-football weather!

I'm a recent resident of Crochetville and I just found this thread. It reminded me that I have two UFOs that are languishing in plastic bags.

One is/was a lapghan that I was making in chenille. I just cut off the bit I had done for use as a short scarf for me and released the yarn to someone who will put it to good use.

The other is a baby blanket I started 2+ years ago that was demoted more than once from the ranks of active projects. It's an alternating color shell in fingering weight yarn. I HATE fingering weight yarn. :rant I find it very hard to work with. But, this thread has prompted me to haul it out and try to finish it. It's about 1/4 done. I decided to take it to work with me and do about 15 min a day during lunch. At that rate, I should have it done by the end of the year and it won't be at home mocking me while I try to finish my two currently active projects.

I'll probably donate it to a local charity when it's done. I do better at finishing projects I'm going to give away to that's additional motivation.:kick

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to a "joining party" in Nov. (26?) Micheal's Crafts has them to join the 7 X 9 inch squares (crochet or knit) donated by crafters to make some blankets for Warm Up America. I think I'll take my UFO squares and hexagons, they might be able to do something with them. This is a great cause, I think they have a web site.

Ellie 13

Well, I ended up frogging my baby blanket UFO after I got almost to the end and realized that somewhere along the way my tension got way loose and the blanket was shaped like a fan and I wouldn't have enough yarn to get it long enough.:oops

Sigh:sigh

I'm determined to use this yarn so I can get the confounded stuff out of my stash. So I've changed plans and am making just a single crochet double strand blanket. It'll work up in nothing flat and I can be done!! I may run some ribbon through it to dress it up. Or not. :blush

Uh Oh! I may have the oldest UFO on the board here. I started a Granny Square Afghan when I was pregnant with my son who Turned 21 yesterday:clap .

Now this Granny square is a standard pattern so I don't have that excuse. I can figure out the Needle guage so I don't have that excuse but I am short some yarn in two of the colors. It's the old Dazzleaire yarn by Caron that was discontinued a few years ago.

I guess I need to lay this thing out and see if I can use what I've got to make a Lapghan out of it.

You have inspired me to turn this UFO into a WIP and get it off my 21 year old to do list :D. Maybe I'll give it to my DS for Christmas in honor of it taking me this long to finish!

Crochet UFOs still to complete for me:eek :

A colorful tissue holder

a Tractor stocking (to be quickly followed by the cat paw stocking)..need to get this done by Thanksgiving if possible.

Summer sling bag (crocheting done, still needs finishing work)

63 square afghan sampler-I'm going to try to do one square a week.

There is hope that I'll get all but the sampler done this year! It's mostly a question of getting all the parts together (and directions) to work on the stuff. After that, I'll then have to start listing projects that I bought yarn for but haven't started (I think I have 3 afghans worth of yarn for that, if not more).

The CrochetDude 2006 Calendar afghan: I'm behind, but it is not yet a UFO.

I finished my Mom's Rose Afghan last night. It was not a UFO, but just my take-a-long project that I decided to just get DONE. Photo to be posted later this week.

Stephanie

I really need to take the time to list my projects in my signature line. I think that would keep me working on them. My current UFO's are scrapghan and a knit baby blanket. But I am working on an around the world afghan, shrug, halter dress, scarf, baby blanket and like stephanie many more that I would like to start. As I am in mid-move I won't be working on any of this too much but have found a little time most days to do at least a row or two on something.

Good luck stephanie and Kathy I hope this crochetalong helps. :)

Archived