Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

I'm Dawn, very new to Crochetville, 'old had' at crochet though, been doing it since age 4 and am not 40 yet, BUT I ALWAYS have UFO's laying around. :eek I just moved and saw how big my stash was:devil so I'm going through boxes looking for my UFO's so I can complete them. I found a table cloth that my Grandma started and now that she's been gone 10 yrs I really need to complete it and show it off in my new home. I found no pattern with it but it did have the hook and thread...sooo I'll just go back and pick through what she did then finish it up, so far it is awesome I forgot I had it and can't wait to use it.

Thanks for listening, Dawn

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not new to crocheting, but new to Crochetville and new to this CAL! :clap I hope you are taking new members. I have made a promise to myself to finish my projects - I finished one last night in fact - a pair of crocheted socks.

dcp_2447.jpg

I love them! I have been knitting and/or crocheting since I was 10. I started with knitting, switched to crocheting in 1980, and now do both. I also write about both at Knitmodo. You can also get there by going to Crochetmodo. :)

My name is Adelle, I am 50, widowed for 4 years and have two kids at home - one has autism. I am an author by profession and a fanatic knitter and crocheter by hobby. But now I am really lucky because I am getting to write about my knitting and crocheting! I am also working on a novel and some other projects.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and hope this is still an open CAL.

Sounds like you have a great life!

I have never crocheted socks before. I was thinking of giving it a try. Is it very difficult?? :think

welcome Adelle. Sounds like you are busy with things you enjoy...how lucky. :c9 I like your crocheted socks. I have made three pair. The last pair turned out the best but they are all very warm. I want to try and knit a pair someday.

I'm Dawn, very new to Crochetville, 'old had' at crochet though, been doing it since age 4 and am not 40 yet, BUT I ALWAYS have UFO's laying around. :eek I just moved and saw how big my stash was:devil so I'm going through boxes looking for my UFO's so I can complete them.

-------

Hi Dawn, I'm moving next week, so I feel your pain. I'm still trying to get everything packed. And then I'll have to unpack it all! But I went ahead and just packed up all my crochet, so no crochet for me until I get moved. I have 3 large plastic tubs and 6 regular sized boxes of crochet stuff alone (don't ask about the 35 boxes of books I have!). :lol

I like your crocheted socks. I have made three pair. The last pair turned out the best but they are all very warm. I want to try and knit a pair someday.

Once you have the four or five needle thing down, knitting socks is easy too. I love to knit socks. The hardest part was learning to hold the needles but once I figured out you can only use two needles at a time, it was easy! :P Try it - it's a lot of fun and with the new self-striping yarns it is a breeze.

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!!

Is anyone still doing the UFO-along?

While buying yarn for the fall purse swap, I realized just how many UFO's I really have...and I'm still buying yarn for more projects! I need to go through my stash and see which projects need to be finished...but I can name at least 10 off the top of my head. :blush

So, as soon as I go through my stash, I will come here and list them all...then hopefully finish them, one by one.

And, since I just got a new hard drive, I feel confident that I can join an -along again, without losing contact! LoL

I'm game! What a great idea!! I actually need to get some projects finished before Christmas anyway. My first UFO is my son's blanket. I'm half way done. I can finish it!!!

lhasaapsolady - I know what you mean! I've got at least 3 counted xstitch hibernating somewhere in my apartment, a needlepoint that was given to me half-finished(I've never done needlepoint), and two scrapbooks that need updating.

Now if I could just find it all.... :think

I am two rows closer to being done with my ds's blanket! Thanks for giving me the extra push I needed to get this done. I'm using the WalMart brand yarn - not the softest stuff in the world, but when it's combined with the puffy boucle yarn, it's turning out really nice! Anyway, the WM stuff is a dark burgundy and the boucle is a combination of burgundy, navy and hunter and it's just a basic ripple of alternating colors. It's going to be such a nice afghan for my little man!

Ok, I've written down the stuff I know of without looking...it's too much to type right now though so when I come back from taking my daughter, I'll post it- then hopefully I will feel accountable to finish it all. :lol I also still have to go through my yarn tote and see what else I have...then I will post that, too. If I can figure out how to use Outlook, maybe I can borrow that idea of using it to help me stay on track.

Ok, updating with my UFO's...to hold myself accountable.

Gold Circle Vest- have yarn, half-done

Psychadelic afghan- need more black yarn

baby blanket- frog

plastic bag tote- cut bags and connect

lil sunhat- weave in ends, add ribbon

Paton's Grace purse- need 1 more skein of light pink

jar covers-need beads

tote swap- waiting for yarn to arrive

tablecloth- frog- use yarn for placemats or jar covers

dishclothes- 3 done, weave in ends

triangle sweater wrap- frog scarf to use yarn

mom's shawl- frog

So far, I just have lots of stuff to frog, and some finishing touches on other things. It just seems very overwhelming because everything is stuffed into my tote, very unorganized, and most of the yarns are knotted together. So once I re-organize, I think I'll be ok.

:cheerI'm almost done with ds's afghan!!!! I have 8 rows to go. Woo-hoo!! I owe it all to this thread. It gave me the determination that I needed to get it finished. I think the prase that got me was "love it enough to finish it or let it go." Time to go clean, then reward myself for a job well done. :hook

Ever since I joined crochetville, I've been avoiding even one look at this thread because I thought it was kind of strange that UFOs would be mentioned in the Crochet-Along section... Now I've just realized what I've been missing! I'm joining this one because I have so many UFOs! :lol

Hello! Although I didn't post what UFOs I was finishing up, I did complete 4 baby afghans last week! Hiding ends is NOT my favorite thing to do, but I DO love the end results! :yes

Tonight I am finishing up two knitted dishcloth UFOs I found while looking through my cotton yarn! My plan is to have them DONE before I go to bed tonight!

Congrats, LavenderBear. I bet it feels good to have those blankets finished.

I tossed my plastic bag tote. :eek After all that cutting and looping and frogging...it just didn't look right. I figured, since it's not actual yarn, it won't hurt me to toss it.

I bet if I spent half as much time frogging and crocheting as I do on this computer...all of my UFO's would be done in no time. :lol

Stacy,

You're FUNNY, and I can relate! There are days when I am online more than I crochet (or knit) and then I wonder why I don't have a finished project as planned! LOL! :2spin

I did finish one of the dishcloths last night, but I didn't have the right color of cotton yarn to finish the other one! I made a lanyard, though, so my time was well spent despite the needed yarn!

Now to see what other UFOs I have that need to be finished up! :scrachin

Since joining this crochet-along I have been working at not letting a baby blanket I started knitting becaume a UFO. It has worked I have gotten several rows done over the past weekend. I am also working on finishing up some cross-stitch and needle point UFOs. Slow but sure I may actually finish a deer picture I started for my hubby. That would make him very happy. :cheer

I did it! It's done!! It's finished! :yay I got my ds's blanket done for Christmas! Do you hear the choir singing "Hallelujiah!?" It turned out so nice and soft. I can't wait for Christmas. Oh, wait. I still have one more blanket to go... :yell

Hi , I have only just found this thread and Perfectly timed at that . I just finished a granny square blanket that I started for my

(now 6 yo )granddaughter when she was born . I am so proud of it AND the fact that I finished it , lol . I had pledged to myself that I would do a ufo clean up , so I laughed hard to find other people doing it too .I also finished a flower pillow and a shrug . Now I can start on whatever else is lerking in the boxes upstairs , lol.

Archived