Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I feel more like this is backwards progress, but it needs to be done. Tonight I frogged half a sock so that I can adjust the ankle. That sock did *not* want to frog, I tell you. (And I still have three more to frog! Aack!) These are socks for someone else (thus I couldn't check them as I went) that need adjusting, and I had been avoiding ripping them out. I'm feeling better now that I've started. ;)

Okay people...I found something where I was using four yarns crocheted together as one. Yeah, four. I have NO idea what it was, what it was going to be or what hook I used. It got frogged. Also, I found a scarf I started in 2000. It's lumpy and a bit mishappen so I'll frog that tonight and use the yarn for something else.

I just got 35 skeins of yarn in the mail though. Damn that eBay!! I made a new pledge to myself though. If I won't finish it, I won't start it.

I hope it sticks.

I am a bad jess. :(

I started a new project today. Have I finished any of my UFOs? No, though I did frog one. Argh. :eek I just had to start this new one, I'm making up a pattern for it and I want to see it work! :blush

I am a bad jess.

I started a new project today. Have I finished any of my UFOs? No, though I did frog one. I just had to start this new one, I'm making up a pattern for it and I want to see it work!

Fifty lashes with ugly yarn! :lol I know the feeling, I've been fighting the urge to start something, too.

Today I'm going to frog a scarf, socks and a tank top I started years ago. I'm having fun reading about everyone's "discoveries". I'm just picturing folks rummaging around in their closets "Now what in the world is this??? What possessed me to even make something like this?? :think:think"

Sara

I'll make you a deal Sara,

You finish a UFO and I'll reward you with the pattern It's something I came up with myself, the funny thing is I started it so long ago, I can't find the paper that I wrote it down on The stitch repetition is super easy, I just can't remember exactly how I started it.

So by the time you finish your UFO, I should have it figured out :sher

Sounds like a deal. That should get me going! :clap

I sat down and frogged a scarf, top and shawl. The first thing that popped into my head was "what can I make with this yarn now?" *smacks hand* "Bad, Sara! The point is to finish something. Not start something new! :rant

Sara

I frogged three hats, a shirt and a blanket that have been UFO'S since Moses was a baby.

I am so bad though because I am already planning what to do with the yarn *insert evil yarn crazed laugh here*

I frogged three hats, a shirt and a blanket that have been UFO'S since Moses was a baby.

I am so bad though because I am already planning what to do with the yarn *insert evil yarn crazed laugh here*

:rofl:rofl:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:rofl:rofl

You are hilarious!

:blush :blush :eek ME!! ME!!! I fit that description- the one of people rummaging thru closets (actually a room in this case) saying why was I making that, or what was that.

I frogged a sock that'll never have a mate- yarn went into a magic ball. Finishing the Neon Afghan. Frogged the starting of an afghan that only had a tiny bit done. Yarn went into above said magic ball too for kitty snuggle. Good project for bits of yarn that are too small to do anything else with! Make a "magic ball" (that is, for newbies, a ball of many colors made of small balls of yarn all wound and tied together). The animals don't really care what color something is and sometimes it actually turns out to be really pretty.

I've got a couple of WIM's but fighting the urge to start them!!

Fifty lashes with ugly yarn! :lol I know the feeling, I've been fighting the urge to start something, too.

Today I'm going to frog a scarf, socks and a tank top I started years ago. I'm having fun reading about everyone's "discoveries". I'm just picturing folks rummaging around in their closets "Now what in the world is this??? What possessed me to even make something like this?? :think:think"

Sara

Sara,

You could always send ME the frogged yarn... (hint, hint) that way you won't be tempted to make something new with it!!! :rofl

Sounds like a deal. That should get me going! :clap

I sat down and frogged a scarf, top and shawl. The first thing that popped into my head was "what can I make with this yarn now?" *smacks hand* "Bad, Sara! The point is to finish something. Not start something new! :rant

Sara

LOL! You are not the only one. I have not even dragged out all my UFO's yet and I am trying to plan on what new to make with the yarn.

Stefani

www.dreamsofnyssa.blogspot.com

Ok. I have this afghan I was working on and I decided to frog it and use bits of it for woolies and snuggles. I had finished a skein when I last put it down and I was thinking that instead of frogging, I'd just start working from that end so as one project came unraveled, another new one would grow.

Is that still frogging?

Sara

Yes, it does, I do that all the time when I have a big item I'm going to frog. It's much easier than frogging and rerolling since you're using it anyway.

I frogged my impossible shawl, but I doubt I'll get back to it very soon. Too many other projects waiting, and I keep starting new ones. I think I'm going to drop out of this crochet along because having half a dozen or so WIPs is just my way of working. I'm going to concentrate on getting my stash down to a manageable level. (Thank goodness I only have three more days to buy yarn before May.)

The multiple WIP's is not the issue. It is things that haven't been worked on in a very long time. You can do it. Just keep up the good work. We would not fit in if we didn't have many things going at one time. This morning my hubby said "Everytime I see you, you are working on something different. Do you ever finish anything?" As a matter of fact I have. I finished 2, count them, 2 things yesterday:lol :lol :lol .

Ok, I just had to give an update. I have used a skein of yarn from my stash to make an animal snuggle. But wait, I also used some really nice tiny fuzzy stuff from my stash (can you tell I have no idea what it is or what I originally bought it for) to finish a blanket for the Blankey Brigade. :clap I am so proud.:D

Of course, :blush I also have to confess that I have been ordering sale yarn (1.27) from Herschnerrs. And it's sock yarn (something I can't even find on my side of the world, especially not for 1.27) But after all, it's not May yet. :lol :lol

Well, finished off some UFO's, just had to report! I cleaned out one of my spare travel totebags, and I found two preemie blankies that just need to be woven in! So I'll be doing those hopefully tomorrow. Today I did the same thing with a travel sized blankie I had waiting, of course I finished my huge butterfly blanket and it got mailed...feels so good to be clearing this stuff out and getting on to other projects!

Now I have to finish the yellow blanket that's on my crochenit cable hook (haven't used that in awhile, it's fun and brainless which is good for me :lol will try to work on that over the weekend some!

ps, yay sara and all the other folks finishing blankies! They're such big WIP's usually it is quite a feeling when they're done :c9

:clap I finished a UFO!!! My Animal Snuggle!! And ALMOST finished my neon afghan... kid's afghan that is....

The bad news is... I was cleaning out a corner in my room of stuff to move and found 3 more UFO's. Still determining if they are finishable or will have to be frogged. :(

One step forward and two steps back.... :ohdear:help:faint

:clap I finished a UFO!!! My Animal Snuggle!! And ALMOST finished my neon afghan... kid's afghan that is....

The bad news is... I was cleaning out a corner in my room of stuff to move and found 3 more UFO's. Still determining if they are finishable or will have to be frogged. :(

One step forward and two steps back.... :ohdear:help:faint

Aww, that's great that you finished 1 and almost another though! I have GOT to see a pic of anything called a neon afghan :)

Look at it this way, better to find those 3 UFOs now, than to think you had defeated them all and then have them jump you unexpectedly! And if frogging is their fate... just think of the yarn! :lol

Aww, that's great that you finished 1 and almost another though! I have GOT to see a pic of anything called a neon afghan :)

Here is!! Not a pic of the whole thing but..... My Angel is helping as usual... notice the catnip mouse on the afghan. Will probably go to St. Jude's when done.

angelhelps.jpg

Archived