Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

I traded with my aunt, 4 balls of mohair for 2 balls of true, elasticy sock yarn. I made one sock, and decided I will save the rest for when I can knit them, because otherwise I know I'll never wear them.

Of course, I have bony feet too, so maybe that's part of it. :lol

And I'm a definite sufferer of SSS... Second Sock Syndrome. I told my friend I'd make her 2 pairs, and let her pick the yarn for one. That was in January or February. I just found the one pair a couple of days ago, and still need to put the heel in. The second pair has been sitting there mocking me for months, I need to do the cuff and the heel and that's it. I told her I found her socks and she laughed and said she'd been wondering if I was still doing them. Must... get them out in time for Winter (the one pair's wool-ease, and they're both warm)

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mmmmmmm coffee colored yarn. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:mug :heart coffee

oh, i'm sorry, slipped away for a sec....

not sure... how 'bout a tote?

hey andrea - surely several small count as a large... right :D:P

Oh thank you for the idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that! Yes coffee yummy! I wanted it to look capucinno colored with cream stripes but I hated it. I still haven't frogged it. I promise to start on it tomorrow lol! I almost forgot about this but I have saved the button & will put it on my blog soon.

P.S. those are only the WIPs I can think of. I know there are a LOT more than that, so don't say, oh but that's only.... no. :blush

Oh, and Andrea, hand over the darn snowflake... I'd love to have somethin little to not count! :devil

I think I've got all my WIPs listed in my blog and was surprised at the list. I'm definitely going to be working on those before I get to the WIMs. After I finish a few then I'll pick from the WIMs so I guess this will definitely be an ongoing CAL for awhile :wink

I'd like to have a little something that didn't count too, and not just a bit of thread either :devil

I've found 2 UFOs in that tote that I think I'll finish, The arrowhead you know about, I just hope I'll be able to find the colors I need, I really like that pattern.

The other one is a small thing I started with scraps in the step pattern, only done a little different, it starts in the middle and works out. This one is a square and I'm going to try to do it in nothing but scraps (how's that for scrap busting?) and call it Around the World in 80 Scraps :lol 'cause I probably have 80 different scraps to put in it. I guess it'll be a big square throw when it's done.

:frog

I frogged those poncho panels yesterday. That hurt lol! (it was the largest thing I ever frogged). But now I have several large balls of coffee colored yarn & one large ball of speckled cream yarn (I can't remember the yarn now but is RH ww).

Added the button to my blog as well. I have another piece to frog soon in the same yarn! UGH! It was something I started before the poncho & I have no idea what it was going to be lol! This one is about 18" square. I will have tons of this color yarn--not sure if that is a :D or a :think

Well I think I can join this as well! This weekend I finished piecing together a granny square blanket made from squares I received in a swap. I'm still working on weaving in the many ends and trying to decide whether I want to put a border on it or not. It is HUGE already (25 12'' squares and I croceted a dc crochet border on each square before joining).

Other things to finish: A lb waterfall throw that's been unfinished for probably a year!

granny square purse

little hearts doily (first filet project and have since forgotten how to do some of the stuff)

and eye glasses case.

I know that's not all that much, but I hate having things unfinished for too long!

You'd hate to see my UFOs then, the two I want to finish have been lying around for literally years :blush

I got a couple more rounds on the Around the World in 80 scraps throw, I'm going to do that on all in scraps so I can get rid of some of them. I would have done more but my arms were so sore from scrubbing yesterday I could barely hold a hook.

I probably still won't get much done on either of them until I finish the roses afghan.

I have only been crocheting for a year and a half, and at least one of those items has been sitting around almost that long! ;)

I finished weaving in the ends on the granny square blanket last night. I'm tempted to start something new now instead of continuing to finish other stuff.. hm...

:rofl Anne :lol

I think the two projects I'm talking about have been sitting for longer than that, I've been crocheting since I was a child and have always been a good starter-a good finisher is a different story :rofl

I think the last year I've finished more projects than I ever have since I started crocheting :rofl

I didn't realize that other people put some of their WIPs in Wal Mart bags, too. :sofunny When I'm cleaning my house for company, I always grab a Wal Mart bag or two or three and put my WIPs in them. Then they go into my stash closet...which is such a mess, considering hubby built me some shelves in there shortly after Christmas. I tried to keep it neat...honest :faint but sometimes I just shove stuff in there and don't get around to organizing again. That could be a half-day project.

I think there is a Martha poncho in there that I started and stuffed in there, maybe an afghan, maybe a few doilies and some dishcloths. Most of all, there's lots of yarn in there that I had "intentions" for and forgot for what I intended them.

Great idea for a CAL. As soon as I'm finished with my current afghan, I will get into that closet and organize and find my WIPs that need to be finished.

Since I had to start cleaning out the room I intended for my crochet/knitting stuff I've got 2 boxes with stuff to frog and maybe a couple of other things to finish.

We'll be storing some stuff for our son while he's away at school and that's the only space we have to store anything.

At least I got most of the junk up and in trash bags and my new yarn in bins. I have a lot of my old yarn I've had that I got years ago sorted into boxes or totes, I still have some more yarn to untangle but that can wait, I've done enough for one day, the trash man is probably going to want to strangle me as it is :devil with the numnber of bags I'll be putting out tomorrow.

I actually frogged out the romper that I had started and started over again on a dress for Mitch. Unfortunately, it's coming out way big, so I'm not sure what'll happen with it... It's probably a 5/6, but oh well. I just need the motivation to finish it now! I'm working on the skirt, and I think I'm about half a ball of yarn in. Then I have to do the back and seam them all together.

The skirt is a lot farther along than this, but it's the only picture I have since it's already dark out.

th_PICT2703.jpg

The pattern is the jumper pattern from the book Crochet for Babies and Toddlers.

And I still have more UFOs and WIPs than I care to count, so I shan't. :devil

I absolutely adore those hot summery colors you're using in the dress. I'm down to 3 UFOs now (we're not counting other crafts, right? someone please say yes!): my daughter's afghan, my best friend's afghan, and my Inspired Scarf which has all 10 motifs done and sitting on my desk staring at me :( I should have Laurie's afghan and the scarf finished this week unless life interferes again, and Ethan's afghan is on an N hook so should go quickly once I'm concentrating on it. Just in time to start the Cathedral Window afghan which will no doubt be on my UFO list for a long, loooong time!

I absolutely adore those hot summery colors you're using in the dress. I'm down to 3 UFOs now (we're not counting other crafts, right? someone please say yes!): my daughter's afghan, my best friend's afghan, and my Inspired Scarf which has all 10 motifs done and sitting on my desk staring at me :( I should have Laurie's afghan and the scarf finished this week unless life interferes again, and Ethan's afghan is on an N hook so should go quickly once I'm concentrating on it. Just in time to start the Cathedral Window afghan which will no doubt be on my UFO list for a long, loooong time!

The yarn is Paton's Look-At-Me! in Mango and High Energy Variegated, just in case you're curious.

I know I for one am NOT counting other crafts. If I had to count the number of quilts that are in the UFO stage, I'd probably go into shock. I wish I could get down to 3... :lol

Yay... I'm down to 6 WIPs/UFOs... I can't believe I was once in the double digits! I've finished my sockapal2a socks now, and so won't let myself have two pair of socks going until I've finished all my grandma's toe socks I have planned. :) (They're a WIP I keep finishing and restarting, and thus don't change the WIP count.)

I am also joining you gals on the WIP/UFO attack. Crocheting is one area where I rarely had more than one project at a time, so UFOs were never really a problem (certainly not like quilting!). However, some things have started to get out of control!

1. One Stitch Afghan in Homespun - put it down 2 years ago...there it stayed about 85% done. It isn't really wide enough. :thair

2. Summer Sling (about 1/2 done). Now I have to find the bag with the rest of the cotton yarn!:blush

3. Tractor Christmas Stocking (1/2 done) for my BIL who actually drives one of those John Deere farm ones.:smiling

I think that's it!?

Stephanie

Oh no!!!!!!! The UFOs in my apartment are multiplying faster than rabbits!! I don't know how they started reproducing as there were ZERO of them a month ago, but somehow one snuck in, and its become an infestation!

First is my evening shawl - have not touched it in a month now!!

Next are several dishcloths languishing away in a bag on the floor (and they don't even take too long to finish - laziness, sheer laziness I tell you!!)

Wrapping it up is a doily I started for my Grandmother and a Scarf for my neice......the 63 squares afghan.....and several random projects - not even sure what they are supposed to be!

Argh! How did this happen????? *deep breath* Okay, I am going to show them who is boss around here! Off I go to eliminate a few of them...two to frog (what were they???) and at least 1 to finish each night this week....I can do it!!!

Guest Crafterlady46
:blush I feel like a dummy...Can someone tell me what wip/ufo means. Sounds like you have ufos and wip them. LOL :D

To be brief (a change for me, I know) a WIP is a Work In Process (so one you are actively working on) and a UFO is an UnFinished Object (formerly a WIP, now consigned to the forgotten depths of a closet, craft bag, pile under the bed etc :lol ) I remember :think for days all of the little acronyms that folks use!!

Archived