Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

I was surfing around last night and found this. Yes, I confess, I started it :(...in the most beautiful periwinkle blue. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it...maybe a summer scarf?

Well, I guess I must be flogged with wet yarn or something. I promise not to start anything else...

Famous last words, huh?

Sara

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's only small progress, but I finished two more squares on my afghan, and made some more sock progress. :) (However, I currently have 12 projects going!!! Must finish one!!!)

oh I hate to say this, but I am so glad I'm not the only person who does this. I've only been crocheting a year and I have the hardest time finishing things. I have two squares for an exchange all done except for weaving in the ends. Same with one afghan. I have another afghan that I have maybe 6 more rows to do and it will be done (except for weaving in those stupid ends) Then there is my modified version of the 63 square afghan. all the squares are finished, I just have to put them together and weave in those obnoxious ends.

Well, I finally finished the scarves for my Swap partner (5 in total). I've also worked on the Sylvia Cosh sweater but just a bit. Got side-tracked doing comfortghan squares. I have no idea what UFOs I have left to do besides the Guardian Angel afghan & Sylvia Cosh's sweater. But if you saw a picture of this Guardian Angel afghan you would understand my reluctance to pick it back up. Besides, I don't know anyone having a baby girl anytime within the next 9 months! Everyone is having boys! And the afghan is PINK!!! Why, oh Why did I make it in pink??? Why not white???? A nice universal color! GGRRRRRR

How about a UFO swap - where I send someone my 1/4 finished afghan - they finish it and then they send me their unfinished dishcloth and i'll try to finish that before Christmas......just kidding!!! Help me - i'm UFO queen - I have a whole tub in my craft closet of UFOs and I don't remember any of the hook sizes - we need a UFO queen button!!!!!!! I'm in!

I frogged an afghan I started back around Christmas - I was using some Light & Lofty to make a star afghan for dh, got one skein in, didn't like it, and so just left it in the pile. It's all frogged, balled and waiting for some other project (unknown as yet - lol).

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that those UFO's are just sitting there laughing at them?? :lol

Welcome to the group!!! Looks to me like you could also join us at stash-busters. You have enough projects to finish, you probably would not need to buy yarn this month:lol :lol :lol

OK...I've got a question. Now, hold your horses and your get your fingers off your keyboards until I've asked! I do not want to buy any yarn, hooks or any crochet stash. I do, however, want to buy some material. I'm do not sew, per sey. I do own a sewing machine but my in-laws borrowed it and who knows when I'll ever get it back. But my question is, I would like to buy a special material to line a crocheted project that I am thinking of making for someone. Just one item. Would this be considered buying stash? The project is current and to make & finish it, I would need the lining. So???? :think I will gladly abide by your decisions. :ghug

This is a crochet group, so I would say it is only yarn you can not buy. Plus, you know, you might have to buy a pattern or two so that you can use your stash!

If you need to buy something to finish an object, it doesn't count as adding to stash... as long as you actually *do* use it to finish said object. ;)

Good news here... I've got an FO! Now I just have 11 WIPs/UFOs. ;) (I can't wait until I'm down to just a few!!!)

Ugh, I have been slacking here. On the up side I finised 2 WIP's, so they won't become UFO's...lol. I will dig some out today and decide what to do with them!

As an update, I have finished the scarves for the swap I'm in. Have made several comfortghan squares which we be mailed out this week, am making more squares for comfortghans (I just can't say no to those requesting squares), I started & finished a fish for Boxes for Brendan, I've designed & made several teddy bear clothes which I haven't posted yet (have a few more I want to do, these will be for Jonah's Travels when he comes to visit), I've been working on a thread bookmark, as well as working on the Kitchen/Bath swap and Summer Secret Pal swap. But that sweater & angel afghan are still sitting there!

I think I was the first one to join without telling anybody, because last year almost everybody in my family got a UFO for christmas,Starting with my oldest niece,earlier in the year she had asked me for a poncho I started it, but I did another project. I left it in the bag that I had the other yarn, later I started a beanie and then I took a break and forgot them. At christmas I didn't have to much money to buy presents,then I remember I still had those projects so I decided to finished them. With the poncho I was half way done so I just added fringe to it and I made her a hat to go with the poncho and another one because I felt so guilty because I forgot about it.I also finished the beanie

and for my sister I made her a shawl with mohair yarn all of them were

so happy with their presents.The only ones that I bought present for were

my nephew who wanted a dvd:devil :woo

and my youngest niece the:princess . Right now I'm almost finish a star afghan

and a rug and two shawls. Well thats it for me, thanks for listening.

I found my poor UFO sock and finished it up last night!! :yay During my study breaks today I hope to get the second one started so that I'll have my first complete pair of socks.

WOOHOO!!:yay WTG Tiffany!

I frogged some more ufo's today while in DECLUTTER mode. I had no idea what some were they had been ufos for so long lol

Archived