Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, well, well....I actually made a lot of progress once I put my mind to it. I've been working on this crochet bag (that will be felted later) and now I'm almost finished with it - FINALLY!

I plan to take a WIPS inventory this weekend. What better way to see the progress I'm making.

Tammy

I've finally finished all my secret projects except for one, and I have the yarn to do it so it should go pretty fast! There's one more too, but it's still a WIM cause I can't get the yarn til Mom comes home.

Just a few more things that I need to finish, and then I can get to work on my UFOs... I guess this means I need to find the book that that darn sweater is in so I can finally finish it! :eek I think I need to find a different pattern to use all that mango/variegated yarn I got for the romper... something tells me that otherwise, Mitch will never get to wear it! lol

I just pulled a 35 gallon tote from my room that's filled with UFOs and tangled yarn. I'll be untangling, frogging and setting things aside that I'll want to finish and it'll probably take me awhile.

I finally found a reason to brave that big tote-I'm about to embark on a journey of trying to make a dress dummy from crochet.

At least I'm finally getting to my UFOs :wink

:frog

Good for you!! :yay

I detangled and frogged for about 3 hours last night and barely made a dent in the big tote.

I have a small tote full of wound center pull balls of yarn now, most of them tiny but I need quite a bit for my dummy and I guess I could always get into scrumbles with what's left :wink

At least I have plenty of toilet paper rolls just in case the one I'm using wears out before I'm done. That was the best tip I ever read was to use one of those to roll your yarn into center pull balls, my yarn looks so much neater now than when I just rolled into balls that would roll everywhere when I tried to use them.

I'm slowly but surely making my way through that tote, looks like most of the UFOs in there will get frogged, I can't even tell what most of the things I frogged were going to be. I did find a dishtowel I'd made a long time ago in there so now it can go to my kitchen.

I'll keep everyone updated and might take pictures when I'm done, no way am I taking before, that's too embarrassing :blush just imagine a 35 gallon tote filled with nothing but mostly tangled leftover yarn.

Actually, I slipped and am back up to 8. ;) Of course, that's because I'm waiting on some yarn to finish one of my WIPs up... it's relying on leftover yarn from a second WIP. Plus, I've been trying *sooo* hard not to start anything new... I've got a bunch of big projects (like sweaters) that I'm dying to start, but won't let myself until I finish several of my large WIPs. (I keep working on the small ones!)

Can I join you? Most of mine are things that I really should frog. A poncho I decided looked like a rug on me :lol & other smaller projects. I may finsih one or two but most need frogging. Anyone know what I can make from coffee colored acrylic? That's the poncho that looks like a rug with wide cream stripes. :D All it needed was two panels joined but I was unhappy with it plus it was way too big. Too bad it doesn't match my decor or I would use it as 2 rugs! ;)

Sure, this pledge is ongoing, just like all the CALs.

I think I've got the tangle more than half untangled now, I've found stuff in there I didn't know I had, As soon as I get this shawl and tie done I'm going to finish my dummy then have some fun with scrumbles-while finishing the arrowhead MAM, of course, I've actually found some yarn that I can continue it with and I should be able to get some more since it's RHSS in black and lt country rose, I think is the other color.

Rebecca - they would count... if I didn't keep restarting new small projects! ;) (I'm back down to 7... but I really think I should fess up and call my snowflake a UFO... either that, or finish it!!!)

I've made a huge dent in the tangled yarn and found nearly a pound of RH in country blue-I have a 7 oz, a 3 oz and a 4½ oz cake of the stuff. Now I need to figure out what to do with it after I finish the rose afghan and send it off.

I have been frogging things too, if I wasn't sure what it was supposed to be or I couldn't get enough yarn to finish what it was supposed to be or I just didn't want to finish it, it got frogged. The 3 oz cake of country blue is a frogged something, I think it was going to be a small throw, I had started something in reversible shells but I couldn't remember what size hook I had been using.

At least I'm trying to stick to the pledge and when I'm done I'll have lots of little cakes of yarn to practice scrumbling with after I get my dummy made.

Now that we're all moved I have to get working on my UFOs. At least identify them and decide what to do with them ... lol. While we were moving I found a blanket I started when I was pregnant with my daughter (who will be 7 this summer - lol) - this was during my "I have no idea what I'm doing phase" so that will be frogged - but the yarn saved, I LOVE the yarn ...

Anyway - lol. Need to sort them all out. :)

I started listing my WIPs on my blog last night, and the list is so far out of control I'm not sure what to do with it.

:eek 5 bookmarks for the Bookmark Swap

:eek my "I don't wanna work on nothin" shrug

:eek Mitch's pink terry bath blankie

:eek final bits on Secret Pal stuff

:eek The blue/white blankie I started the other night mistakenly thinking it would get me to the point where I could fall asleep

:eek The other half of T is for Tim, which in all honesty I started 4 times, but had to frog out 4 times too because I couldn't get it right

:eek The first frog for Matty for his birthday present

And then we have the UFOs...

Let's suffice it to say the number has grown by one, since I've pretty much accepted the fact that I will NEVER finish Mitch's Mango/High Energy Variegated Romper. The whole 'pants' section is popcorn, and I... HATE... POPCORN! Oh yeah, brilliant pattern choice. So I need to find another pattern and frog it all out.

So much for finishing the green sweater. Maybe I'll have it done in time for her firstborn? :rolleyes:haha

P.S. those are only the WIPs I can think of. I know there are a LOT more than that, so don't say, oh but that's only.... no. :blush

Oh, and Andrea, hand over the darn snowflake... I'd love to have somethin little to not count! :devil

Anne-

You should try knitting too...then you could have that same amount of knitting projects sitting about to match your crochet UFOs/project in process.

If my stack of projects ever falls on me, I will be squished!!:eek

Anne-

You should try knitting too...then you could have that same amount of knitting projects sitting about to match your crochet UFOs/project in process.

If my stack of projects ever falls on me, I will be squished!!:eek

I already have my DPNs, I want to learn how to knit socks because my poor feet don't like the crocheted ones so much - the heavier yarn is great, but the sock yarn just doesn't cut it, and I have sock yarn I want to use!

I definitely know the squishy feeling... :lol The last anyone'll see of me is :2eek, and then y'all will KNOW what happened!

anne-

hey, socks are good. I have some knitted and some crocheted. I suffer from the "oh, look. One sock is done so I can start something else" syndrome WHEREIN i end up with 3 single socks. sigh...:(

did you make your crocheted socks from fingering weight yarn?? Mine feel fine, altho they are a bit snug...

Archived