Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My UFO update....I frogged it! :frog So my scarf UFO now consists of a rolled ball of wool waiting to be reworked back into a scarf - I am sticking with the original idea, just making it slightly skinnier and probably a bit longer than originally planned! I could not figure out what my pattern was on the original - I seemed to have been doing some wierd combination of stitches that had no rhyme or reason to them at all! :eek

I've spent part of today moving boxes and stuff from the living room and my bedroom into my son's old room, I had to cut some yarn that had got tangled and dropped out of some boxes just to be able to move the boxes. I still haven't moved them all out of the bedroom but as soon as I get them all moved I'll be going through them and separating them into Finishables and Froggers.

I'm probably going to have a bigger stash of frogged stuff than I will new yarn :blush

:frog

I really need to join this CAL. I have a sweater vest I started for my husband and I'm just not into it at all. But I really need to work on it because he's seen me make all sorts of stuff for everyone but him. :) Every time I have a new project he asks "what about my vest?"

It shouldn't take long- it's with Wool Ease thick n quick- I just can't stand working on it for some reason.

:angrybut i have so many ufo's.cabn't i just hide them under the bed?:eek :eek :eek or in the closet? or in the garage? hehehe i am so ashamed,:blush :blush :blush cause i am probably one of the worst, and i tell my students. stick with it, you will get it, my problem is i get bored if idon't absolutely love it(like my nephews afghan) i always finish the ones i have orders for, but when they cancel mid project, i hardly ever finish them., and i can tell you, even though my nephew is suppose to be a fine upstanding young future attorney, he welched on this and wanted me to just give it to him. I DON"T THINK SO!!! so guess i need to finish some of those ufo's count me in:devil

I frogged my first UFO today!! :frog

I think I might make another donation baby sweater with the yarn now (but I won't start it until I finish a bunch of other things, heh). :)

I frogged 4 mufflers/scarves. They didn't turn out the way I wanted them to. Now, I am redoing them. I have some cross-stich and needlepoint projects that are UFO's. But, that doesn't count here, does it? :hook

I have a few UFO's haunting my stash, so I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and join this CAL. Besides, if I frog more than I finish, I won't NEED to buy yarn next month, so I'll be helping myself with the Stash Busters! :D

I have a sweater I *almost* finished last fall while I was pregnant with my daughter, but it was HUGE on me and I was 7-8 months along! Before anyone says anything about gauge, I was dead on, but it seems that this pattern was written in VERY big sizes...:eek

Anyway, I got as far as edging the neck and sleeves and just couldn't bring myself to edge the bottom. Not only can I not wear it, but I don't know anyone big enough to fit this thing properly!! So, my wine-colored Light N Lofty sweater has now become my first UFO to frog.

Now, if I just had the time to figure out where those darn seams are.... :think

I'm being pulled in!!! I bought a shawl pattern from this site today - www.nexstitch.com and I need to make it right now. This is why I have so many UFO's around my house - I can't quit beginning projects.

I did attempt to finish my bamboo purse tonight. I got the sewing machine out to finish the lining and... I've lost the lining! I think my packing-happy 2-year old stuck it in a box. :think

I did attempt to finish my bamboo purse tonight. I got the sewing machine out to finish the lining and... I've lost the lining! I think my packing-happy 2-year old stuck it in a box. :think

LOL - Good luck finding the lining! My (then 2 yr old) nephew decided to pack up my makeup for me when I was moving here...some is still MIA :shrug - probably packed in the storage boxes in the US! :lol

I'm being shamed by all of you. I guess I need to get frogging on the shawl that I thought was such a great idea. And by the way, shouldn't this really be called a UCAL? :hook

Well, I frogged a pair of sorry gloves hanging from the ball...they had some weird hole in the top...don't know where I was going with that. And I frogged a plain ole dishcloth that I started....I don't know when. So I am slowly making progress...tackling the small things first to ease my way into it...lol :blush

I still don't have all my stuff in one room where I can go through it easier. I know I'll probably be frogging most of the stuff I started and maybe finishing the one arrowhead design afghan. I did find a thread collar I had almost finished once, it's done in filet crochet and I might try to finish it too.

I'm being shamed by all of you. I guess I need to get frogging on the shawl that I thought was such a great idea. And by the way, shouldn't this really be called a UCAL? :hook

Ha, maybe it's a frog-a-long?

I do think there are some people who are finishing projects, too, so we aren't all just frogging, though, lol!

Since I started this nonsense :lol I'd better post a progress update myself!!

I finished the Barrington homespun shawl for my Mom :clap

th_barringtonshawl.jpg

Hmmm, what's next :think

I think it's going to be the yellow & white little star afghan that is around here somewhere.

Holly

I so need to do this!! I have 3 totes and 2 huge walmart bags filled with UFO's...mostly knit projects...my niece's scarf, one slipper for my son, dishcloths, a sweater I started when my son was 2 sizes smaller, knitted afghan, pet blanket. The only 2 crochet UFO's are 2 blankets for my bf...one is a huge granny square that I'm just going to frog because I can use the yarn to work on his other blanket. Apparently I got bored with the big square, cut the yarn and started the other. What was I thinking??!! I'm going to frog all the knit projects except the slippers...I need to finish those...poor kid was so excited about them! They match my bf's and he wanted to be "twins".

We won't even count UFO's here.... things that need to be finished before I move and gotten rid of, used, or sent somewhere.

The neon afghan, a lap warmer for a child, a couple baby afghans, the ripple afghan, the rainbow child's afghan,..... a pair of socks that most likely will be frogged since Ilost the yarn to finish them!!!:eek ..... several other little ones....

These got abandoned a while ago. Sometimes I wonder if there's any that will end up being frogged for lack of interest, yarn, etc.

Think I'll put the finish or frog button down... when I get around to putting up blog buttons that is!!

I finished the Barrington homespun shawl for my Mom :clap

Holly

I think it should be against the CAL rules to post pictures of projects. Now I want the pattern to that shawl and I want to make one. :blush How can I make progress on my UFO's if folks are tempting me with other things! LOL! :lol

About the only progress I've made is adding a page to my blog that shows all my UFO's and what I decided to do with them all. :devil

Sara

I'll make you a deal Sara,

You finish a UFO and I'll reward you with the pattern :laughroll

It's something I came up with myself, the funny thing is I started it so long ago, I can't find the paper that I wrote it down on :oops

The stitch repetition is super easy, I just can't remember exactly how I started it.

So by the time you finish your UFO, I should have it figured out :sher

Holly

OK, I have made some progress (*of the two steps forward, one step back variety*):

Several rows done on my sunshine and lace afghan

Decided to frog my son's socks (heck they probably are the wrong size now anyways). His feet are too CHUBBY for crochet socks, the little bugger.

Steps backward:

I keep making those butterfly hair things and bookmarks....

Now, I'm not talking about when we jump between a few different projects at the same time, or temporarily set one aside to do something else that has a deadline. No, I'm talking about the poor, forgotten projects languishing away at the bottom of a plastic tote, or worse, Walmart bag. The ones you can't even remember what size hook you were using.

Oh man is this me or what? :eek I have so many UFO in different stages of completion. A couple I do not know what hook I used, one I have lost the pattern and the yarn I was using has been discontinued years before! :(

Dh is constantly bugging me to finish the projects I told him would be for us. First on my list is that darn afghan I was making for us and second would be the baby blanket that was supposed to be for one of my nephew's first Christmas. Let's see.....he will be three in September....I guess now would be the time to finish it right? LOL!

Stefani

www.dreamsofnyssa.blogspot.com

Archived