Crocheters against UFOs

HollyM

Today I have done absolutely NO crocheting. But I have been reorganizing and I cannot tell you how much stash was in my bedroom. It's now all moved into my craft room waiting for tomorrow to be put away. Then I'll take pictures to show you 'insanely' my stash is. It is absolutely ridiculous. Remember that new furniture hubby bought? Well, it's so packed you would think I've had it for years. And I still haven't organized my books yet. I have no where to put them in my new room. All space was taken up by yarn & thread! GRRRRRR. I seriously have a problem. :think

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I found a UFO that was supposed to be some sort of ripple blanket for my daughter. I :manyheart the yarn but so did not like the way it was turning out so I guess I just forgot about it. Anyway I frogged it, and used the yarn to make a poncho for my youngest, and am making a hat and mary jane slippers with the rest of the yarn for a set. I am so happy with how it is turning out and I still :manyheart the yarn. It's RH Baby Soft in Angel Print and it is so cute! I am going to put up pics when I get the set done! WooHoo!!!!!:yay One more UFO taken care of!

I recently got rid of a box full of UFO's. I sent them over to Marla! I had been hanging on to them for who knows how long; I just don't like throwing things out, but I knew I'd never pick them up again.

Still need to weave in the ends on my sister's rug (Christmas gift), need to finish 2 scarves that were supposed to be Christmas gifts, and I have an afghan that was supposed to be hubby's b-day gift last year...yep...UFO. I'm sure I have at least 9-10 UFO's and WIP's...haven't counted lately, but I have a good reason~~I'm a mom of 4 (youngest is 5 1/2 mos) and a full-time student, so my time is pretty stretched.

I'm sure I have at least 9-10 UFO's and WIP's...haven't counted lately, but I have a good reason~~I'm a mom of 4 (youngest is 5 1/2 mos) and a full-time student, so my time is pretty stretched.

Melissa, I'm amazed you find any time at all between school and four kids! I think it's great that you take time out to do something you enjoy. Good for you!:cheer

Another one bites the dust! I'm now down to 10 WIPs/UFOs! ;) Tonight I finished the socks I was making for Josie. Slowly but surely, I'll make it down to a much more reasonable number. ;)

I want to report that I finished Beths little star blanket and a pet rug

I wanted to make for my dog,.I still have a shawl I need to finish,but

I just realized that the yarn I use for the rug I was using it for the shawl, so I guess I'll have to frogg the shawl. I guess

that's it for now.:hook

Ten lashes with a wet noodle... or wet yarn I guess in this case!

I'm so bad. I know I said once I was allowed to crochet again I'd finish the baby sweater at least... but instead I've started a sweater for me, a secret project for my secret pal, a raok, and a baby romper. I started the halcyon shawl too, but I actually finished that one! :lol

I started the sweater for me though because I needed to do something to help cheer myself up. Plus it's FREEZING at work. The management has strange ideas concerning the AC and the break room.

The secret project takes priority, then the romper because it's a 0-3 months size, and the sweater is 6-9 I believe. Besides, even in Germany baby won't need the sweater in July! *knock on wood - no freak blizzards please* Mind you, all I have to do on the sweater is the rest of one side and the sleeves. Which will take much less time than the back of MY sweater which I have almost done. I know I'm little bitty, but even I require a lot more stitches to wrap me up than a 6 month old does... lol

After those two and the raok that I really need to get done and in the mail (it'll only take 2 or 3 days tops) and the couple of little secret pal things that I need to do I'll finish the sweater. Honest! Maybe I need more than just 10 lashes... oh dear... :blush

woohoO! I finished another one of my WiP! I'm also considering frogging another one... I just don't think I am going to ever get back to it. I'm not sure yet, though.

Everyone is doing great!!!!

I feel bad because I've been neglecting my own thread :blush

I have finished the Little Star UFO, no pictures because I finished it 5 min before I had to get in the car to give it to the intended recipient. You all know what it looks like anyway :D I did it in yellow and white stripes of Bernat Baby Sparkle.

I don't have an official UFO/WIP count, seems like every time I dig into my stash, I find something else lurking in there. I've been steadily working along on 2 existing WIPs (they weren't ignored long enough to call them UFO's) They are both baby blankets, one is using the friendship jewel squares and the other is a back & forth shell pattern I can't remember the name of. The motif one is my "need to concentrate" project, the back & forth is my "traveling" project. It's just *killing* me to not start something new :lol but I'm being good. I have been doing a lot of spinning lately, so that is giving me my new project "fix"

Holly

Yay! I finished another pair of socks! I'm down to 8... unless, of course, you count that snowflake I started last night... um... *sigh* ;)

you said yourself that snowflakes don't count!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

All UFOs disappeared for a few days after I frogged my winter scarf and returned the wool into the stash, but I have a little shawl UFO that is trying to fly into my UFO Free Air Space....I have become a bit bummed out with the pattern since I crochet too tightly and it does not look like I wanted it to - and this is with me going up 2 hook sizes! I've now hit the stage where I avoid all eye contact with it in hopes that it will either finish itself or frog itself back onto the cone....sigh

I've still got a couple floating around...got my sister's rug and my pattern proto-type finished, but haven't really done too much in the way of clearing out UFOs b/c I've been busy with school and comfortghan squares.

I've actually got a couple of patterns I'm working on that I've put on the back burner for now...and then there's the bookmark I started about a week ago that's just sitting in the drawer waiting....

PSSSSTTTTTTT.... Is it too late to jump in???? Surely not, I mean there will always be UFOs somewhere, right?

I have one baby blanket to complete, a childs poncho, a twin size afghan, squares....and I am sure there is more hidden in the depths of the nightmare before opening closet!

BTW thats just my crochets projects..not sewing and or refab/recon projects!:eek

I know thats not an awful lot of crochet UFOS but it seems it when Im doing other things in between!:think

Ack! I have a lot of UFOs to finish...a star afghan I started for my son, a pink baby blanket for a friend, a Homespun afghan for my sister, and there's some mysterious white mass of yarn that looks vaguely like the beginnings of a shawl, but I can't tell what pattern I was using, or even what size hook. Looks like THAT one is heading straight to the frogger!

This is such a great idea. Why start something new when I've got all of these fantastic things to finish? (If only I could remember that next time I want to start a new project...)

Welcome CraftyCritter! ;)

Well, I finished one project last night, but then immediately started another, so I'm no further ahead. ;) (Still at 8 WIPs/UFOs and holding...)

Due to the incredible number of projects that I need to do in the next few weeks, I'm denying all knowledge of this CAL. LOL

I'm sure I'll be back when everything dies down though... and I still haven't finished that stupid sweater! :blush

My UFO's are still UFO's.....haven't had any time to work on not one of them with the swaps, comfortghan squares, going out of town, getting sick cuz I was out of town, youngest son's high school graduation......blah blah blah. I could kick myself. :kick

Due to the incredible number of projects that I need to do in the next few weeks, I'm denying all knowledge of this CAL. LOL

I'm sure I'll be back when everything dies down though... and I still haven't finished that stupid sweater! :blush

OH WAIT....if CajunWhacko can be in denial, so can I!!! I'm denying too!!!! Deniers (is that a word?) Unite! :devil

Archived