Do you???

Just curious!!! Do you work your ends in as you go or save it for the end of the project??

I hate to work in ends, so I always work mine in as I go.......even if I was putting one together from squares I would finish one completely before going on to the next square......although I usually crochet mine together...

I'm with you Vonnie!!! If I had to weave in all of those ends at the end of the entire afghan, I would never put it together!!! I do it for every row that I change and at the end. All of the squares are then ready to put together and the project doesn't seem so overwhelming.

I think I phsyc myself out that way!! :devil

I've learned to crochet over my ends. :) The last baby afghan I made, in fact, I made my stripes the size they are mainly to facilitate that. (I changed colors at the end of a DC-cluster row so I'd crochet over the ends in SC.) I have been known to alter stripe patterns so that I could just carry the unused yarn up a little & avoid the issue altogether.

I also crochet right over the ends, whether I am using the same color or changing colors. I just yo with the new yarn, twist both ends (old and new) tightly, then hold it along the edge and crochet right over it. I try to leave a good length so it goes about 4 inches, then later I just might have to trim and excess that hangs out. I hate to weave in ends so I tried this and it seems to work well.

I not only weave ends as I go, but I also will join squares as I go if I'm crocheting an afghan. It saves a lot of headache at the end. When I did the 63 Squares Afghan, I waited until the very end...It took an entire WEEK to join all the squares and weave in all the ends!

I too hate weaving in ends. I usually crochet over them as best I can. The only things I do not weave in as I go would be doilies. It is really hard to do that in the middle especially if the pattern is not quite "receptive" to the end being crocheted over.

As I go, especially when I am doing a graphed afghan. Sometimes, I have as many as 14-15 different balls attached to the back and I hate weaving ends in. :hook

I must agree, it depends on the project. I tend to weave them in as I go if there are a lot of ends to weave in, that way it is not too overwhelming to do the end weaving at the end of the project. If there are not too many ends to weave in, I will wait and do it at the end of the project.:D

I do both depending on the project. If it's easy to do as I go along I will. If it's easier to weave them in as I sew the squares together I do that. It really depends on the project.

Always, as I go. I made a table topper with over 100 motifs recently, and I didn't count anything as "done" until the ends were woven in. If I'd left all 200+ ends until the end, I'd have ended up throwing it away!

I usually wait to weave in my ends because I mainly make clothing items. Many times I find that I need to frog my project to get it to fit right and if I have weaved in my ends, I would never find them again. :eek I am always afraid of my ends coming out if I don't have at least 4-5" to weave in and back and forth. I suppose if I were doing an afghan, I would probably weave in as I go along.:hook

depends on how many ends I need to weave. a few I will leave to the end of the project. if it is squares with mulitple colors weave as I go.

I confess- I wait until the project is finished and weave the ends in last. But I mostly make clothing also so it is much easier to wait and see if it all worked up properly first. I made the mistake of weaving the ends in on a sweater I designed before I even tried it on. I hated it and decided to frog it- but I couldn't find the ends!!! Now it sits in a pile with my WIPs until the day I have enough patience to find them! LOL!

I usually weave them in several times during a large project, unless I'm on vacation and realize I left my yarn needle behind! The current afghan will have to wait for me to weave, since I'm vacationing with only yarn, scissors and hook to work with.

I not only weave ends as I go, but I also will join squares as I go if I'm crocheting an afghan. It saves a lot of headache at the end. When I did the 63 Squares Afghan, I waited until the very end...It took an entire WEEK to join all the squares and weave in all the ends!

Me too. :yarn:hook

For those that crochet over the ends as you work on your project, are they secure? That's what I'm doing too (when I can) but as I've never washed any of my FOs, I've no idea if they're secure enough. :think

I can get to the end of a project and it will sit for weeks before I weave in the ends.

Thanks for posting this-I need the reminder to do so while I'm working. I guess I just hate stopping to do that; I like to keep working toward the end.

Archived