Sad News (happy now post 45)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on the compromise!! I like your idea for storage. I may do that myself. Thanks for the idea.

Now that solution is a great idea! I live in 300 sq. ft. of space and storage is definately a problem. I have something similar to that in my closet which also has some empty slots. Now I know what to put in them.:clap

I am far crueler!! I would hide the Toilet Paper. Have your own stash and take it when you need it. Let him see what is it like sitting there without any TP for a week or so!! He'll get the message! In the meanwhile you need to practice this phrase:

"Why, I don't know dear, did you use the last of it? Oh my, that's just awful, you know, I know just how you feel, I kind of feel lost without my yarn too."

Be sure you are in the laundry room with the washer and dryer going ( or just out of earshot) when he starts hollering for some TP!

:rofl :rofl

I am far crueler!! I would hide the Toilet Paper. Have your own stash and take it when you need it. Let him see what is it like sitting there without any TP for a week or so!!

I don't think that would be a very good idea. Can you imagine how enjoyable his laundry would be for you to do after that? :yuck

I don't think that would be a very good idea. Can you imagine how enjoyable his laundry would be for you to do after that? :yuck

Heee heeee!! :laughrollMy dh does his OWN laundry!! :lol

Seriously, though, this is one big reason why I switched to thread...You get more for your money, and it doesn't take up as much space!! Granted I still buy yarn occasionally, but it's usually thread.

That's a great storage idea...and it reminds me I have to work on my own "active stash" so my dh doesn't get crabby! He's a lot like yours! he can't stand living in a 'mess', and his mother has no hobbies but cleaning and she isn't very creative, either. So, dh never had to live with anyone before who wasn't a "cleaner" (believe me, i'm not the best at it! ;)), so this is my compromise with him. I get to crochet and design beautiful things, and he gets an open, clean space. This reminds me, I need to reorganize my thread stash, and go through my yarn stash (alert: some will go in for sale/trade!). I have a few ideas on how I want it to look so that even dh will be appreciative of it!! :hook

I am far crueler!! I would hide the Toilet Paper. Have your own stash and take it when you need it. Let him see what is it like sitting there without any TP for a week or so!! He'll get the message! In the meanwhile you need to practice this phrase:

"Why, I don't know dear, did you use the last of it? Oh my, that's just awful, you know, I know just how you feel, I kind of feel lost without my yarn too."

Be sure you are in the laundry room with the washer and dryer going ( or just out of earshot) when he starts hollering for some TP!

:rofl You guys are so funny!

Well here is what we figured out, isn't it wonderful? I went to target and got 2 garmet holders and cleaned out the coat closet in the living room:D I put my whole stash in there today along with my mags and pattern books:cheer :yay:cheer:yay hubby is fine with it just so long it is out of sight...yea yea yea:cheer :yayIMG_0371.jpgIMG_0369.jpgIMG_0366.jpg After we talked about the stash he was very sorry that he had even brought up putting it in the attic ....Now my lovely stash will be right in my living room:cheer

thanks again gals, without you guys my stash would be in the attic

WOW!!!!!!!!! That is excellent! Good for you! At least your husband CAN be understanding. :hug I really like that. What a wonderful idea. You and your hubby gets an A+.

I guess I don't get it either....My DH has "played"with my crocheting, telling me he is helping me out by doing a couple of rows......LOL yeah right, he doesn't crochet, but sure is proud of what I make and what I can do, he loves to brag about it,even pays for all the yarn that I use to make the stuff I donate, and believe me it can add up. I have three bedrooms of our house full of crafts, hobbies, and just stuff. He doesn't care one bit. I just order over 150.00 from smileys and it was delieverd, he took the delivery and just asked me where I wanted it.......he will look at the yarn when I show it to him and acted interested, but he doesn't care, just so I am happy, then he is happy....

I am really sorry your husband doesn't support you in your hobby...... We will, so go get some of that hidden stash and crochet with us and hid it where he can't find it when you aren't crocheting. Good luck

Your husband sounds like such a sweetheart! That made me smile just reading that. :)

ok ladies I was looking at this thread again and told hubby bout it. First he was like what did you say bout me huh? I showed him my post and he said wow Dear you are mean! But then after he gets "the look" he says I don't mean about me about the "other" man. Then he tells me laughing cause I put in there about my shelves. And he says I on'y did that so the yarns didn't start to come in my man cave........rofl! I have never put any in there in the first place. He also agreed that some retaliation was necessary for your hubby. Then I showed him the closet renovations you had and told him he needed to move his clothes out.....:lol He said I can make more shelves. I reckon he's a keeper huh? :D

I like the final solution! I HAVE a closet that I can do that with and I already have at least one of those organizers! I better get busy cleaning out my closet!

I'm so glad you found a solution becuase I was going to tell you it's time to retire that hubby & get a newer model :lol

Heck my hubby had animal heads on the living room wall for years & I never said a word (he finally figured they weren't the best decor choice :lol) If he ever told me to put my patterns stash in the attic he'd hear about it :angry I used to be so sweet & quiet but look what he turned me into :lol

Well, I love your solution and I'm glad hubby was willing to help come up with it. But oh boy if my DH even thought about messing with my yarn the fur would fly :lol I live with his computer, complete with 24", yes 24" monitor in the living room and he has the biggest bedroom in our house just for his puter stuff and I don't say a thing about it. In fact, I suggested he use that room :D Plus, my hubby is also an enabler which most of y'all's seem to be as well. He bought he a huge hamper which is actually for scrapbooking but works great for WIPs and it sits right by my chair. As long as I'm happy, he's happy :manyheart His daddy taught him well :yes

But oh boy if my DH even thought about messing with my yarn the fur would fly :lol I live with his computer, complete with 24", yes 24" monitor in the living room ...

Heheheh, we got a plasma TV as a big splurge last Christmas after paying off our second mortgage. You can hook a computer up to it! :eek I figure one of these times when my family comes to visit, I'll go downstairs and find they've hooked their laptop up to the TV and are playing solitaire! :lol

I'm so glad you found a solution to your stash problem. I think I'm gonna have to try that, I hate having to dig all the way down in the bottom of the box to see what colors I have down there. You did a great job!!!!!!!!!!! Patty

• 2 weeks later...

Archived