Sad News (happy now post 45)

My DH has made me pack up most my yarn in a tub and put it in the attic, so it is not all over the house:(

I feel very sad about this development:(

I like having it all closer than that, but you know I have stashed some around the house that he does not know about, :devil is that terrible? lol

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand, why did he do that?? Can't you just put it in a closet or something? I wouldn't put up with that at all. It is your house to, isn't it?? You have to hide your yarn?? Sorry!

Hey, that is not fair. Does your DH have a hobby? I mean what is his problem? The only reason why my hubby would ask me to put my yarn away is that we are remodeling the inside of our townhouse. Could you possibly store them in under bed boxes. At least they'd be close for access. :hug Wow hugs to you.

I'm with furball,,,,if he doesn't have a hobby, hide the remote,,,,,DO SOMETHING! But, I have a temper when anyone tells me what to do with my things,,,,,,

I can completely sympathize with you. My husband does not like a mess in the house at all. Unfortunately, he considers yarn left out, even in a basket as a mess. :( So I am EXTREMELY careful to stash my yarn out of his sight. Most of it is under the bed. But I have it stashed everywhere. Whenever I got a box of yarn in the mail, I have it stashed away within 10 minutes. I know how hard it is to not be able to have your yarn out where you can see and admire it.

Wow that is sad. I'm glad my dh doesn't say anything about it. I have 2 boxes sitting in the bedroom until I decide where I want to put them. I want to look at it for awhile. He will say what?? you want to order more yarn.I say Oh but you know I don't have the right yarn for what I want to make & he says oh ok-usually!! Good luck, I know I would not like that at all.

I feel sorry for those of you who have to live like that! My husband thinks it's wonderful that I have a hobby I enjoy, and that I make useful and fun things for the family and friends. I have one large room that has nothing but my yarns, sewing machine, and craft items! How fortunate I am!

that was so funny. hide the remote. haha. i'm lucky hubby doesn't care that i have taken over the dinning room table , the couch, half of the kitchen counter and a stash at the end of the couch. i have a puzzle that i finishe on the counter, my sewing machine and serger on the dr table along with the laptop. my crochet had taken over the couch. my hubby is so sweet and understanding. as long as it doesn't interfer with his napping. :)

what a meanie he is!

My hubby HELPS me pick out yarn and if I am having dificulty with a pattern he will help me with that too. He can't crochet but he sure does know the stitches and how to read the patterns. He doesn't mind at all the I have yarn all over the house...I guess I'm a lucky girl!

I think your hubby needs a hobby of his own!

I guess I don't get it either....My DH has "played"with my crocheting, telling me he is helping me out by doing a couple of rows......LOL yeah right, he doesn't crochet, but sure is proud of what I make and what I can do, he loves to brag about it,even pays for all the yarn that I use to make the stuff I donate, and believe me it can add up. I have three bedrooms of our house full of crafts, hobbies, and just stuff. He doesn't care one bit. I just order over 150.00 from smileys and it was delieverd, he took the delivery and just asked me where I wanted it.......he will look at the yarn when I show it to him and acted interested, but he doesn't care, just so I am happy, then he is happy....

I am really sorry your husband doesn't support you in your hobby...... We will, so go get some of that hidden stash and crochet with us and hid it where he can't find it when you aren't crocheting. Good luck

my yarn in a tub and

ok ok he is fussing over A TUB of yarn? UGH! The jerk! He can come to some of our homes and he would be happy with your one tub of yarn byt the time he got home with you.

Hubby just made shelves in our bedroom clost and made sure that my tubs had room to fit. And then there is the stash in the dresser drawer that is full to the brim, and then.......... well you get the idea. We all have stashes and that is our thing. you never know when you may want a different somethign to work on or with.

I even do stained glass and he made me a cabinet for my stuff and cleaned me a spot in his man cave (the garage) that has his toys in it and gets all testy when it is nice out and I don't want to come play too.

I'm with furball,,,,if he doesn't have a hobby, hide the remote,,,,,DO SOMETHING! But, I have a temper when anyone tells me what to do with my things,,,,,,

AMEN!!! Very well said! I am much nicer when asked to do something...not told to do it.:devil

Wow. that's all I can say. I am going to go give my hubby a big hug right now for being the nice guy that he is.

I am very interested in knowing his reason for wanting you to put it in the attic...:think :think :think :think :think

I would be fearful of yarn going into the attic :eek

We use to rent a home where the air was not regulated and anything of fiber was ruined. I had a few counted cross stitch kits up in the attic and when I went to get them out to work on them, they embroidery floss was powdered. :angry

I guess I am with the others on the ville, hide the stash - maybe in smaller groupings.....:devil

Archived