Sad News (happy now post 45)

I'm so glad you and your hubby were able to work it out. What a great idea you came up with! :cheer

My 1500+ square foot house has absolutely no closets. So one of the spare bedrooms contains all my stash quite nicely in crates and totes that are stacked on their sides for easy viewing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so glad you and your hubby found a solution to the dilemma. I think I may have to try that. I don't have an extra closet. Heck, I share a closet with my son. But I do have an old wardrobe out in the shop that I could refinish and possibly move into the main house and use that.

Well I made great use of your solution. I went and got 2 of those things yesterday. I LOVE IT. all packed away nice and neat!!!!!!! I have to take a pic later and show ya!

Thanks for the great idea!

Well here is what we figured out, isn't it wonderful? I went to target and got 2 garmet holders and cleaned out the coat closet in the living room:D I put my whole stash in there today along with my mags and pattern books:cheer :yay:cheer:yay hubby is fine with it just so long it is out of sight...yea yea yea:cheer :yayIMG_0371.jpgIMG_0369.jpgIMG_0366.jpg After we talked about the stash he was very sorry that he had even brought up putting it in the attic ....Now my lovely stash will be right in my living room:cheer

thanks again gals, without you guys my stash would be in the attic

I actually had to show this great idea to my husband...I'm so glad this worked out for you...I have a sewing room and my yarn for the most part is on shelves in baskets...we don't have normal closets over here for me to do this, but this would be a great idea for our home in the states. Congratulations...

ok ladies I was looking at this thread again and told hubby bout it. First he was like what did you say bout me huh? I showed him my post and he said wow Dear you are mean! But then after he gets "the look" he says I don't mean about me about the "other" man. Then he tells me laughing cause I put in there about my shelves. And he says I on'y did that so the yarns didn't start to come in my man cave........rofl! I have never put any in there in the first place. He also agreed that some retaliation was necessary for your hubby. Then I showed him the closet renovations you had and told him he needed to move his clothes out.....:lol He said I can make more shelves. I reckon he's a keeper huh? :D

This is great...yeah I'd say you've got a keeper...and I'm totally blessed with mine...

I have lots of yarn for various projects. For the most part we have a designated KISS (the rock band) room that is being taken over by my yarn. for the yarn that I am working over I have a 2 liter bottle that I have cut in half and glued fabric around and fit the top over the bottom party so that my cats don't think that the yarn I am using is there new play string.

OOPs I forgot to say that I have a shoe rack that goes over the door and the slots are just big enough to hold a skein of yarn. (It looks pretty as well). I have this on the front of my living room door to keep me inspired.-Ruth

I took this thread to heart and did the same thing. I couldn't handle my yarn, etc all over the living room. I bought 2 of the closet organizers.

Sure is nice being able to SEE what yarn you have.

Archived