do you have friends that crochet, or is it a personal thing?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It truly is a "one woman" sport! I belong to a knitting group that welcomes crocheters, and I love to get together with them when I can. I love to see what they are working on.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to keep in touch with the ladies from my crochet class, but we probably wouldn't have the time to get together to have a SnB or anything. I do have a friend who inherited her sister in law's knitting project, but I'm not certain if anyone I know crochets.

You know it was hitting me the other day that I know people that crochet but other than my best good friends tammi and sara not many enjoy it like i do, I feel bad for them :eek

No friends that I know or family members that I know crochet it's all personally to me. After I taught myself how to crochet I then found out that my grandmom used to crochet back in the days didn't even know that. But, at times I hate that I don't know anyone that crochet well where I live I don't that would be nice.

I have 1 friend who crochets well and is nearly as "hooked" as I am. I have also taught 2 others (well 1 caught one, I'm not sure if the other did). I would like to have more friends who crochet as well so they can apprieciate my projects.

• 1 month later...

Here I'm the only one (for now...). My best friend who lives 5 states away crochets too and I've e-mailed her lots of great links she didn't know about, however, she's a regular "June Cleaver" who also knits, sews and does other crafts so I don't think she's as much into it as I am...

I'm really the only one in my family that still crochets regularly. My mom taught me some basics, but she rarely does it anymore. I have an aunt who both knits and crochets beautiful things, but I don't see her often. No friends who crochet. Hmmm....

I do not know anyone that crochet. We crocheters is a lonely bunch. In the ACMoores close to me some young ladies get together a crochet and knit right there in store.

I have been crocheting since my early teens, and like a lot of people the only person I could speak to about it was my mom. About a year ago curiosity (and stubborness I have to say) got the best of my friend and started to look through a pattern magazine i had with me. Well to make a long story short, I taught her everything I know and she can't stop crocheting! I'm very proud of her, also now i don't get blank looks when i'm telling her about a pattern. :)

Nope. In fact, my guy friends and even my boyfriend give me a nonstop hard time about it. When I was in high school some of the "popular" girls caught me crocheting a hat whilst waiting for the bus. They called me "granny", "old maid", and "cat lady"...until I came to school wearing the finished hat, then it was all "Oh, that's so pretty!" "How can I get one" "Can I buy one from you?" "Can you make me one?"

:ohdear

I feel for you Donna! Same here, no friends who crochet, or who do any crafty stuff at all..... but for the most part, the folks I know DO appreciate hand-made gifts. There are a few people I won't give a fancy time-intensive project to, because it doesn't mean anything to them - but most of the people I know really treasure hand-made items, they just don't get into making things themselves.

I only know my MIL who crochets. And she absolutely hates the fact that I learned. I got the idea from her while I was pregnant, and bed ridden, and I tought myself online. None of my friends, or anyone I know does it, and IF I EVER bring it up to my MIL she wont talk to me for months, thus I went in search of someone to share my love, and I found the ville. and now I can talk all I want about yarn and hooks, and patterns, and afghans.....and no one ever tells me to shut up :)

at least not yet.....:blush...........

I crochet alone. My cousin taught me...then moved to GA

My aunt crochets, but also lives in GA

My friends all want me to teach them though, so i guess thats promising

Recently i've begun entertaining the idea of taking a class or two at the craft store just to meet more of us...

The ville has been a wonderful thing for me!

I, just like the majority here have no friends that crochet. There is only one person in this whole wide world that I know who crochets. My DH's aunt and whenever we get together you can imagine what we talk about! Her household recently got a computer and the first place I told her to go was here...so now we can add how great crochetville is to our list of convo's. lol

I'm a lone crocheter too. Apart from my MIL, she taught me and I think I've overtaken her now. Last week she asked me to make a baby blanket for someone she knows as "You're much better at it than me" (her words...not mine)

My best friend is not at all supportive and calls me SAD regularly. It does hurt my feelings but I try and let it wash over me! But saying that, I made a beautiful blanket for her baby when she was pregnant. It got used every day, we walk the school run together and she got lots of comments from the other mums about it. Maybe crochets not so sad after all ;)

My poor DH, he does try and look interested bless him. But I can see his eyes glazing over when I start going into detail about stitches, colours etc.

I'm so glad I found Crochetville, but now I dont have time to crochet as Im always on here reading about it lol

Archived