do you have friends that crochet, or is it a personal thing?

I mostly crochet alone while on the 'vlle. I told my DH if he can be addicted to YouTube, I can be addicted to the 'ville. :lol

My DH used to crochet before his health got worse (MS). So, I have lots of UFO's from him to finish. But I can still get him to look at the neat show and tell's here.

I used to crochet and craft with my late MIL. I do miss her. There are a few ladies at church that crochet, but our craft night was cancelled due to not enough people coming.

Some of the ladies at my old job crochet. And I have taught a few, but sadly they have moved on. And my mom and cousins live in CA and are too far away to share with. Such a bummer!:(

Thank you 'ville for having connections with others that share my addiction! :D

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I only know my MIL who crochets. And she absolutely hates the fact that I learned. I got the idea from her while I was pregnant, and bed ridden, and I tought myself online. None of my friends, or anyone I know does it, and IF I EVER bring it up to my MIL she wont talk to me for months, thus I went in search of someone to share my love, and I found the ville. and now I can talk all I want about yarn and hooks, and patterns, and afghans.....and no one ever tells me to shut up :)

at least not yet.....:blush...........

Wow, some strange attitude, I would've thought all crocheters love to talk about it. I guess she's jealous and doesn't like not being the only one who can whip it out anymore... :thumbdown

• 1 month later...
i am 22 and i think i got one friend that likes needlework but does not do it.

most people think i am oldfashioned.

Although I can see why, it's a pity people see needlework as old-fashioned, however, they cannot see the advantages of doing it. But don't you let that ever keep you from it, afterall, not everything is for everybody, right?

I am the only one in my group of friends that can do any kind of craft work. I crochet, sew a little, a little embrodery, and different small projects here and there. I do not knit but wish I knew how to. At the local college there is a biology professor that started a knitting group for the students. She has taught many of the students how to knit and the students have kept up their skill. The students say that it gives them a much needed break from homework. Unfortunately, this teacher accepted another job at another school out of the state so I never got to learn from her and I regret it.

before teaching one of my best friends to crochet about 1 1/2 years ago, no... BUT she lives in Florida and I am in NY so we only get together and hook when she visits lol... because her kids are grown she has much more flexibilty than I so flies up here to visit... used to be 4-5 times a year but I've only seen her for 3 weeks this year in late June early July... she won't be back up til after the 1st of the year :( because she has a G-baby due in October... I've taught 2 of my kids a little but they don't want to stitch with me lol... I do have a few acquaintences that I see at the dance studio (I am there A LOT because DD competes) but they knit while I crochet... I started to teach some of the girls DD dances with and 2 of the teens have learned form me...

I belong to a group called the "Yarn Yarn Sisterhood" that meets twice a month. I have enjoyed going, but most of the members are knitters and have no desire to learn to crochet. I like to knit, but I :heart to crochet. That's why I came here. I would really enjoy having someone to sit and crochet with me.

Archived