Morpheus the Doily, my newest Design

Katchkan

Well I am finally done with this doily. This is the doily I tried working on while in the hospital while under the infuence of Morphine. I ended up having to redo everything I did. But the important thing was that it gave me an anchor ( crocheting ) in a very nasty time in my life. I will always treasure this design for that reason. I ended up revamping it quite a bit when I redid it, So I don't feel bad about having to redo it after I got home. I have named it Morpheus, The Greek God of Dreams and Sleep. It just seemed like the right name for it.

The final doily measures 13 and 3/4 inches across. It is done in three shades of pink size 20 thread. I used a size 10/ 1.3mm hook to make this one.

th_MorpheusDoily.jpg

Hope you like my latest endeaver icon_mrgreen.gif

I decided to share a picture of this with all of you who where so wonderful with all your kind thoughts and wishes.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kathy. That doily is stunning. (and its in my fav color too so that makes it even more beautiful) I am glad to see you are doing better. Thank you for sharing this beautiful doily.

I'm glad you are doing better and that crocheting was your anchor for a very difficult time. I had a hunch that you'd be designing while recovering and was anxious to see what you'd create. This is outstanding! I love the colors and how it all flows together! ~ Lori

:clap:yay:clap:yay:clap

Thank you everyone you are always so kind. You inspire me to do more and more. I never want to let you all down, you have been so wonderful to me....

Beautiful. Did you design this yourself?
Yes It is one of my designs. I can't seem to stop designing doilies. Maybe because I love them so.......

From danisboots

your doily is stunning! will you be selling the pattern for it? just curious.

dani

I think I will most likely put this one on my website once it is tested. This doily is just a little too personal to be submitting it someplace. There's definitely a part of me in this design.......more so than some of my others.

Archived