STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I finished up a scarf that I will be donating to charity (just need to find one to donate to) this morning I used part of a skien and made a ball and I finished up another ball I had laying around. So thats 2 points. And now I'm working on another scarf :)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't done ANY crochet yet today, and it's almost NOON! :eek

I've been washing, drying, folding, packaging stuff to mail off today - daisy charity afghan, preemie hats, all that good stuff. Had to print out more tags, find a plastic bag the right size for each thing (I'm neurotic), measure and label everything...

NOW I can move on to my blue star. It is tempting to go to my Windsor & White, as I'm low on both skeins in the bag... just to earn me some points before Saturday! LOL!

Thank you for your help.:)

YTD is year to date, i believe

And now for some good news, Finally I have some points.

I've got 3 points.I've used some small balls of yarn that

I had laying around.:cheer

So here I am trucking along with a nice positive score...I get a package from my mom yesterday, and inside is 6 skeins of black bernat yarn and 3 skeins of eyelash. I finished 2 balls last night just to sorta make up for it. Thanks mom!!! :goodorbad

I need to update my score after I post this, b/c I have gotten 4 pts today!!! I used up a skein of lavendar, that I had used the first part of on a blanket and then used the rest on yo-yo's, so that's 2 pts, and I used up a ball of dark tan, 1 pt, and a ball of burgundy/tan/navy verig. so 1 more pt! woot, love the yo-yo's!!!

I'm impressed that everyone is doing so well. :) I'm almost finished with some fingerless gloves, (my favorite thing to make), and I've really cut down on my ball of KoolAid dyed yarn. It was soo pretty I couldn't decide what to make, so I made myself make something! Maybe by tonight I'll have another plus one... I hope. o_o

Yep, I won the 2nd ebay auction, too! I had better get another stashghan going before those things show up in my house, or I'm going to be SERIOUSLY in the negative! :lol

I haven't won an ebay auction in MONTHS, and now I've won two. D'ya think someone's having fun at my expense?

ooo, and i bought all of cupcakes aussie animal patterns, so some stash will now be used to bring the great down under, to my pennsylvania snowy wonder!!

cool, that rhymed!

Just a quick note to say that I am withdrawing from the game as I am going on a crochet hiatus just for a bit. My knitting obligations are calling my time now.

Will keep an eye on how you are doing from time to time. Be blessed and use up that yarn y'all :ghug

I'm in. I said I was going to try and use up my stash for my new years resolution. I've already used 4 balls finishing up a UFO and 2 WIPs. Does that count? I have 1 more WIP to go. I've been cleaning out and found a lot of brown and light peach (?), so I'm making dolls and teddy bears.

Ellie 13

If i'm not mistaken, they are like the first round of a granny square, only just a circle, so like chain 3 or 4 and make a circle, then do like 12 dc in that circle... there is a yoyo cal i have been watching, they look so neat!! but i haven't made any myself, so someone else could probably give you a better explaination!

On a roll today. Got another point for getting rid of a ball!

Darski, sorry to hear you will be leaving us for the time being, but I am wondering something. Even tho "knitting" is calling your name, couldn't you still join us in busting? I mean, getting rid of yarn is getting rid of yarn, whether we knit, crochet, give away, sell or whatever, it's still leaving our stash! I hope you reconsider.

You all are killing my stash busting score!!! I guess its because my classes are back in full swing, so i have much much less time to crochet, but boy good for all of you who are making massive dents in there stashes!!:clap :clap :clap :clap

oh and thanks to all of you who keep buying... makes me feel like i'm still doing okay with my 3 points!:P :P :P

OH well, perhaps tonight and tomorrow i'll get a few more points, Must finish Cog Sci reading first:(

Can't wait to see everyones final tally's for the week tomorrow!

Thanx alleycat! So far I did a round and a half today. I've spent so much time crocheting and with being sick for the last 2 weeksthat I just couldn't stand my kitchen anymore. It's all torn apart! Tomarrow I get to put it back together cuz when I go offline - I'm going back to my mom's blankie!

I've decided to add another 8 points to it. There's just too myuch space between them right now. I'm going to add squares in the center of the orange strip so the points will be offset. I can't wait to take a pic of how it comes out!!!!!

Maybe that'll be the next blankie for the Personalize this Pattern CAL (it started as the 2strand Lumberjack Flannel CAL but the thread took on a life of it's own. It's an awesome looking pattern and if you have enough in your stash for a baby blanket then come on over! These 2strand Nhook ghans really eat up your stash :D

I didn't buy any yarn at Walmart:clap. I did get a Q hook, but the yarn selection was very low today; nothing jumped out at me. I did finish 3 balls of yarn today, but sadly, I need to buy more to finish this blanket. 1 more skein should do it but I can't seem to find it anywhere. (its red heart baby in seashore)

I finished up the one skein from last night. I'm running out of yarn since I have so little a stash to begin with lol. Oh well I just want to use this more to keep me from building too big a stash and keep to only buying what I need for projects lol.

Archived