STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

QUESTION ABOUT BALLS?

Do the balls that are left over from an almost used-up skein counted as 1 point or is it just the 1/2 skein balls that count as 1 point? I have bags of little ones (tennis ball size).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I just created a spreadsheet/list, and we have 80 players! Can you believe it?!?!?!

WOW....that's great. :cheer Just think of all the yarn being put to good use instead of just sitting around. :lol

and...congratulations Krystal on your two recent "wins"...hopefully they send them out priority mail :lol

I got to add or actually subtract one of my negative points for a half skein...I got a few more squares done this evening and I am not done for the night just yet :hook

You all are putting me to shame! I haven't gotten much hook time in the past few days. But, I did finish the air freshener can cozy = 1 point (1/2 skein). I also finished another skein of LB suede on the shawl, another point. Off to update my sig... hope to finish the shawl tomorrow & crank out a few preemie caps to finish off some balls, more points :cheer

QUESTION ABOUT BALLS?

Do the balls that are left over from an almost used-up skein counted as 1 point or is it just the 1/2 skein balls that count as 1 point? I have bags of little ones (tennis ball size).

Well, I know it doesn't seem fair, but the only way I could figure out how to get it done is the beginning of the skein is 1 point, the ending of a skein is the 2nd point. So, ANY ball is considered 1 point. If you don't finish the ball, it's nothing. I give myself a point for the first part of any skein, as long as I don't use so little that I will mistakenly think it's a full skein if I touch it again. Then, NO POINTS until the whole thing is gone. So, that little ball you're using might just be the tail end of a major skein you didn't get the 2nd point for before...

Well, I have to share my story. I am likely to lose MAJOR points for my Ebay shipment.

You see, the seller and I had to email back and forth because the invoice was messed up. But she was very kind, and finally things got settled. For some reason I thought to mention to her that her yarn is going to be put to good use - it's going to my charity stuff. (She's local) So she replies back to me and says she has other yarn that didn't sell, and she's going to include it in my shipment. I'm still on the verge of tears at the kindness of her gesture. I will lose a ton of points, but I don't care, that is just so darn NICE!

If any of you hookers out there haven't done any charity work, now is the time to start. I cannot tell you how many BEAUTIFUL people I have met that have made this all such a wonderful thing in MY life. It has really shown me the beauty of humanity that you rarely see.

OK, I'm getting a little mushy here, so I'll go browse elsewhere.... :D

Congratulations to everyone who is doing so well at your stashbusting.:cheer :cheer

My stashbusting score is only at 2. I completed a puppet/bath mitt yesterday. But since I just joined this thread yesterday, it is a start.

I know I won't be doing too much crocheting until after I finish my moving. Right now packing is taking up most of my time and then unpacking will be a priority. :thair :thair I will be so glad when we are settled in at the new house and life gets back to somewhat normal (Notice I said somewhat - it is never normal around here!)

Morning ladies,

I'm still working on the orange, it's Caron instead of RH and I'm trying to do a tighter stitch so it doesn't bulk up. It's so much thicker.

My hands are aching!!!!! but I'm determined.

Ok, major charity crocheting day, so I'm sure I'll be using up some, but in prep work I made 2 balls, so there's 2 more pts! Can't wait to see what my score is at the end of the day!! Good luck everyone!!I can't believe some of these scores! Great job!

Hi All -

Thought I'd post my score. I'm at four. I finished up a scarf I was working on using 1/2 skein of 2 colors and I finished up some stuff for a bath swap. I used a skein of cotton for that. I haven't done much crocheting this week, I'm fighting something. All I've been doing is working and sleeping. I'm hoping to get some stuff done this weekend.

Morning ladies,

I'm still working on the orange, it's Caron instead of RH and I'm trying to do a tighter stitch so it doesn't bulk up. It's so much thicker.

My hands are aching!!!!! but I'm determined.

Rose Red - You're doing great! Keep it up!

So far im up to 58 but today im crocheting all day long woooohooooo the weather sucks bad so i dont have anything else to do lol well housework but who needs that when you have this to do lol

Well, this is true... but somedays you just gotta do teh work!

Hi All -

Thought I'd post my score. I'm at four. I finished up a scarf I was working on using 1/2 skein of 2 colors and I finished up some stuff for a bath swap. I used a skein of cotton for that. I haven't done much crocheting this week, I'm fighting something. All I've been doing is working and sleeping. I'm hoping to get some stuff done this weekend.

I hope you feel better soon - make sure you drink plenty of water and eat good food!

Is this CAL over today, or can I still join in??? I've been seeing everyone's points in their sigs, but it just occurred to me that it was probably a CAL! So, was this just for this week, or is it still going???

Jessie

I hope I can still join...I NEED to join before I have to start sleeping with my yarn....it would be warm and comfy though. I have a bit of a shopping problem... I don't even by the yarn for a purpose anymore. I see something at a great price and say "I'll use it for something one day" Money's tight right now so hopefully this will help me pay the bills instead of the craft store!!! LOL

I almost bought yarn from Hershners :lol I had 16 skeins in my cart .... i stopped myself though. It's getting late and I need to get a shower and stop thinking about buying yarn, and then get to crocheting :hook

Archived