STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wish me lick i am goin to ac moore tonight with 2 young co workers who want to learn how to crochet! i hope they buy what they want and my cart stays empty! yea right....what chance is there in that?

I used up two more skeins on an afghan last night. This morning I used up two more skeins testing a design. Whoo hoo....that makes a total of 8 so far this week!!:cheer

I have to say that I am even proud of myself control. Yesterday, I went to Michael's to get my aunt a giftcard for her birthday and left with NO yarn!! That was hard though...........

I grabbed a ball of yarn I had lying on my desk here so I can make a hat, to finish off a ball and score another point. I'm thinking I'm going to go to CPC and start making one of each baby/kid hat, just for the fun of it. Then I'll see what I have left and make one of each adult chemo-style hat, too.

:D

I'm thinking I'm going to go to CPC and start making one of each baby/kid hat, just for the fun of it. Then I'll see what I have left and make one of each adult chemo-style hat, too.

:D

What a great idea:think would use tons of stash:hook

If i'm not mistaken, they are like the first round of a granny square, only just a circle, so like chain 3 or 4 and make a circle, then do like 12 dc in that circle... there is a yoyo cal i have been watching, they look so neat!! but i haven't made any myself, so someone else could probably give you a better explaination!

I checked out the yoyo CAL and got a pattern. Thanks. But I had to leave the library (closing time). What happened to the last 3 hrs? Yoyos sound easy, but hard to join together. I'll see if I can use up some balls that way.

Ellie 13

After 8 pm last night... I finished my sweater - of course i haven't dealt with those pesky ends... so that used up 2.5 more hanks of yarn - so that's 5 for this week so far! Here it is...

372340860_5d30ef465a_m.jpg

I HAVE to work on dh's new socks (I discovered the pair that was 2/3 finished won't go over his huge ankles!) I'm switching to a toe-up pattern for him and making him try them on hourly!

Finished the shawl & earned 4 points. Finished the can cozy & earned 1 point!!!! Bought 2 skeins of desert camo to make hats & stuff for my cousin & his unit in Afghanistan. -4 points, but well worth it.

Well I'm off to a very bad start this week. Spotlight had 3 bins full of yarn at half price. I haven't counted them all yet (not game)lol, but approx. 40 balls of yarn. So I guess my score this week is -80. I think I'm going the wrong way. I would not have even gone to Spotlight if the power hadn't gone out and there was nothing I could do around here. Crocheting and Cross stitch were also out cause it was so hot you couldn't hold onto anything for the humidity.

Aussie - we're going to post our scores weekly, starting at 8PM EST on Saturday. I pulled your score off of your sig for this week.

We'll see y'all with this week's points on Saturday!

And don't look at the ACMoore ad for any of you that like fun fur or mode dea... you'll lose major points.

I was wondering - anyone have any RHSS country blue they want to trade for something they need? Then maybe we won't have to go shopping and make our stash larger! I have some other RHSS, mostly acrylics. Maybe if we post brands and colors we KNOW we're going to need for our project, we can swap a little here and there. Still spending on postage, but not building our stash...

Anyone like this idea?

K

Krystal - How much country blue do you need? I may have some ... I was going to go up and paw thru for some yarn for an afghan in a minute I will check to see if I have any

The country blue I have is Caron Pounders I have 2 of them they are not full skeins I would say they each have half or more left so theres probably about a lb between them.

I need - Red Heart Orchid, Med Thyme, frosty green, and Water color if anyone has any they want to trade

Yay I'm back from my weekend trip to my mom's and I didn't buy any yarn! I reeeeally wanted too, but instead I bought a couple books with patterns. I finished the "abominable baby slippers" for my friends baby, http://www.crochetme.com/abominable-baby-slippers

and made myself some fingerless gloves with the nice KoolAid dye I made forever ago. So, I used up 2 balls, and made 1 skein a ball! +3 pts for the new week! :D Congrats to everyone who is doing so well, you rock.

just got bacck from ac moore and didnt make it out without yarn. i got 3 pound bags which have 2 skeins each in them....i guess that is 12 points to take off and i am back to zero! grrrrrrrrrrrrr......................

Are we supposed to keep track of the yarn we use and only update it once a week? I really don't know if I can do that. I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached.

Still working on my 2nd row of white. This monsterghan is about 6 feet round! 7 more rows of red and then it's finished! YAY! As long as my fingers don't fall off soon.

Well, because I had a rough weekend at work my fiance "let" me go yarn shopping today.....BOOOOO! I'm in the negatives for the week so far. The good news is it's 5 degrees outside, snowing and windy and I don't have to work tomorrow!! Maybe I can get myself out of the negatives.....

Archived