STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

Whew, my hook was moving today (at least for me)

This weeks score is 9

Thanks for the "game" - you must know how compedative I am :devil

Have a great weekend!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALRIGHT!

For those that didn't post, I found your scores in your signatures. (A little harder, but it worked!)

Our medalists for this week are:

GOLD MEDAL STASHBUSTER: Around74 (286)

SILVER MEDAL STASHBUSTER: afswife (58)

BRONZE MEDAL STASHBUSTER: Krystal16 (yay, me!) (33)

These ladies have the honor or putting this in their sigs for the next week! :cheer

As a group, we earned 642 points! :D :D :D

(I messed up before - I had some people double-counted, so we only have 68 players)

Our Weekly "SHOOT THE MOON" award goes to Wildflwr (-54) (You can put this in your sig if you'd like, but.... ;) )

The SHOOT THE MOON award goes to that person who seems to have lost control and went gunning for glory down the wrong path... and managed to have the WORST EVER score! :rofl

Don't forget to change your signatures for the new week. You can see what I did in my signature if you're not sure what to do. The new week should start at ZERO! Back to square one... or is that SKEIN one? :lol

Anyone is welcome to join, just count your skeins and balls used for the new week.

congrats every one for their medal winning :clap

i have a tragedy (spelling) my sister wants a BIG blanket, soooo i HAD , no really, i had to buy 27 balls of yarn!!!!!!!!! :sigh aaarrrhhhh my score is going DOWWWWWN :(:lol

so maybe i will get the shoot the moon medal this week :woo

My goodness!!! Around74 your hooks must have been smokin' this week!!! I can only dream of using that much yarn in a week!!! I will be starting to tally my points as of tomorrow morning...can't wait to see how much stashbusting I can do!! This CAL really is a terrific idea!!! Congrats to all the winners!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap

Jessie

Since last night I used:

Orange - 2 full skeins(4), 2 3/4 skeins(2), and half of another 2 skeins(2), 1 small ball(1)- 9

Blue - 2 small balls - 2

Total for today - 11

TOTAL - 17

until I go to Michaels and return a bagful and get more!!!!!

I say they get to buy 1 skein and not loose the point. Hunh what do ya'll say??? My thinking is send them in for one and they will come out with 25 skeins. lol

i like the way you are thinking :yes no one can just buy one ball can they ???:goodorbad

Our Weekly "SHOOT THE MOON" award goes to Wildflwr (-54) (You can put this in your sig if you'd like, but.... ;) )

The SHOOT THE MOON award goes to that person who seems to have lost control and went gunning for glory down the wrong path... and managed to have the WORST EVER score! :rofl

:rofl :rofl :rofl ..... Thanks Krystal. I will display my award proudly. That sure was a rough week but now I am on track....got two half skeins used up tonight looming hats so I am finally in the weekly positive. :cheer

Clare...I would be more than happy to pass my Shoot the Moon award to you next week....I know it will NOT be me again. :lol

Jimmie Lu....That is an excellent idea. Yarn is like Ruffles potatoe chips...no one can get/eat just one. :rofl

Congrats to all the medalists!!!!! Great job everyone!!

Well, I talked to my mom last night, and my score for next week is going to be seriously negative. She is bringing me 12 SKEINS of yarn on monday. SHe got them on clearance at work. She is bringing me 10 skeins of Red Heart Holly, which is the Christmas red with the silver flecks (or maybe gold can't remember), she got them for $0.45/ea!!!! And she also got me 2 skeins of something else, a green color, but not christmas, um drat I can't remember the name of the color, oh oh, it's red heart soft, still don't remember the name, but it was going for $1.50/each, so again a good deal.

Plus, my Aunt was going back to her dollar tree this weekend, and if she does, and they have more yarn there, she said she is sending me more..... how is it that when I say I'm not spending any more money on yarn, and join a sort of race to use it all up that it is now that my family is flooding me with the stuff. :rofl

I told my husband that this was just a sign that God wants me to have an unending supply of yarn, :rofl her just kind of rolled his eyes and left the room :lol

Anyway, I'm not adjusting my score until it actually arrives, and then I'll take pictures and put my number back in the negative realm, lol.

I told my husband that this was just a sign that God wants me to have an unending supply of yarn, :rofl her just kind of rolled his eyes and left the room :lol

I luv it!!!!!

People tell I'm the hardest person to buy for. I keep telling them get me yarn and they never listen :( You're so lucky!

This game is so much fun and my fiance likes it too. My goal for this week is to use up the yarn that is by the side of my bed, that'll make him really happy! Thanks Krystal16 for starting something that I think will actually help me not buy yarn! I never thought it would happen!

Archived