STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

RoseRed, what Becca said - update in your sig when you want, but posting here on Saturday 8PM EST prevents me from having to dig through all the posts to see whose score is what.

I'm merrily working on my Blue Star. I don't foresee any ending skeins in the near future, but....

Danielle, I need RHSS country blue. I have some frosty and watercolor - do you have any other colors of Caron One Pounders?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good news is i've used up 2 skeins today...the bad news is if the weather holds me and my sister are going shopping tomorrow...and i know i won't be able to leave without buying more yarn. i haven't bought any in months so i am definitely going through withdrawl. lol.

This is an awesome idea! Count me in! I've got all of my yarn I've bought plus yarn my mom gave me, plus some aunts and my grandmothers, so talk about a lot of free yarn! OF course, I never say no to free yarn, but it's even more fun to use it all up!

:hi

here is a scrap blanket i make using 3 strands of 8ply (worsted) and a 10mm hook

it took me 4days and it measure 48 x 56 inches its huge and a great size for two people to snuggle on the couch when winter comes

in the pics the black looks a bit too much but in real life it not that bad;)

oh and ps this scored me about 35 points :clap and if you check my score i prob need to make another one of these :lol

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

Thanks for all the comments on my sweater... I'm hoping to weave in some ends and wear it on Wednesday..

In the mean time...

on my hooks:

• 4 pairs of sock in various states of completion, 2 are CALs, 3rd is the pair I WAS making for dh... I tried them on him again and he can't get them over his ankles..... so I started a 4th pair, for dh, toe-up with lots of trying on (the southbay pattern)!
  • dh's Jacob's sweater...getting there!

almost on my hook:

Crocheted Cardigan CAL... here's my swatch

Oh Krystal, that's lovely! Where did you get the pattern?

I finished up a partial Caron Pounder last night, thinking I had enough to get 2 strips for my baby MAM. Only to find that the skein ended 11 rows short! :eek Now, these rows are only 22 stitches wide, so it's not like they're using up a lot of yarn. I don't want to buy another whole pounder for just this bit. Mom is checking her stash to see if she has any more. <SIGH>

I have no idea how some of you use up dozens or hundreds of skeins a week. How many hours a day do you crochet? I used to think I was a pretty fast crocheter, but I must be a snail! :lol Patty

Krystal, I love the blue star...it is gorgious!!

ok...so I got some yarn on ebay does that count when I buy it or when it arrives? I have almost used up three skeins of yarn on a baby blanket. I am hoping I have enough so that I don't have to buy more. I agree with desertcrocheter! I can hardly use up one skein some weeks!

Well, our gold medalist last week got her points by giving away her yarn... I considered it, but NOT wanting my points that badly! :rofl I like my yarn too much to give it away. (Or even to sell it!)

DesertCrocheter- what color one pounder? I might have some....

I am adding my points when my shipment gets here from Ebay, as I don't know all what is in it. If I add points now, I'll forget how many I put in there, so won't get the count right... :(

I racked up my points last week on my 3-strand afghan... used up LOTS of yarn in quick time!

Archived