STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

I made a hat today for 3 more points. I have a little yarn left- so I think I am going to make a matching scarf. :hook

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still plodding along with my one POUNDER!

Do 32 oz skeins REALLY exist, or is that like the lost city of Atlantis, and other legends? I'd go on a hunt for one of those! Just keep in mind that if you DO happen to buy, a 16 oz skein costs the same number of points as a 3 oz skein does! It's like Eating a BigMac and it only being the same calories as a hamburger! LOL!

Keep on going, ladies - we won't post our scores until Saturday! I was thinking by 9PM EST. Can you all figure out between now and then when that is local for you? All of the Aussies are out of luck, because I can't never keep forward/backward time zones straight! All I know is that they're ahead of us! (And that's thanks to Dick Clark's New Years' Rockin Eve always showing the party that happened ALREADY!)

I wanna join too!

I have a spreadsheet with all my yarn on it. I am such a geek.:lol I have the brand, name, weight, hook size, color and all sorts of stuff for each skein. I can tell you that I do like marking it off as used. It's fun!:cheer

Alright, astridz55 - you win! You are the MOST OBSESSIVE yarn collector that i personally know! :rofl I prefer the "hands-on" approach to organizing my yarn. Every couple of months, I take it all out and ooooh and aaaaah over it, sort it and dream a little of all the wonderful things I have planned for it. I mix and match different skeins in groups to decide which will look good together in an afghan (that's mainly what I make) and what pattern I might use. Last I counted, I have enought for about 25 full sized afghans, but just knocked out a lapghan so that counts for more like 1/2 of one!

NOW I'm really going to bed....

YAY!!:clap I finished 2 of my round ripples tonight.:yay By doing that I used another 2 skeins. I also went through part of my skeins and am sending them to a couple of friends who need some yarn to build their stashes with. I counted all the skeins and balls that are in these 2 boxes and there are 116 skeins and 43 balls of yarn!:eek The amazing part of this is that it didn't really put much of a dent in my stash!!:think I apparently have a yarn issue. :blush

Hmmm....Guess I really need to make some more afghans. :yes LOL.

100_1366.jpg

100_1364.jpg

100_1363.jpg

100_1362.jpg

I think maybe I am not understanding how this game works... check my score

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

:lol :lol :lol

No Darski, I think your missing the point! hehe

No crocheting for me yesterday sorry to say. But will get in gear very soon!

Okay, I want to be included in this. I have a HUGE stash of yarn to get rid of. I know I will be starting slow since I am busy packing for my move at the end of February, but this will be fun. :yay

I better go down in the garage and pull out the containers I have my yarn stashed in so I can get started!

:eek Oh my! I cannot beat Miranda's score, but I used up 1 ball :yay on the scarf I started last night. I am almost done with 2 more balls, (but not quite) so I won't add those counts to my score yet.

Well I'm back to a plus 1 score, I used all 6 skeins of the lion boucle i received yesterday, made 2 hat and scarf sets. They are on my blog. SO woot! Back in the positive realm of the world!

YAY!!:clap I finished 2 of my round ripples tonight.:yay By doing that I used another 2 skeins. I also went through part of my skeins and am sending them to a couple of friends who need some yarn to build their stashes with. I counted all the skeins and balls that are in these 2 boxes and there are 116 skeins and 43 balls of yarn!:eek The amazing part of this is that it didn't really put much of a dent in my stash!!:think I apparently have a yarn issue. :blush

WOW.that is amazing...I don't even own that much yarn...but what a great friend...

I finished another skein last night on my PL blanket, which is a baby ripple MAM. So I have 4 white strips done now, and started on the mint green last night. Boy, this mint green, which is the same brand and line as the white, is much thicker, so my colored strips will be wider. And I might not have enough for the 3 strips I need, so I may add a bright pink strip in the middle (which is a ball of leftover yarn, so would only add 1 point but would free up space inthe stash) and 2 mint green, with white strips separating them and bordering the blanket. Believe it or not, after the Red Scarf Project scarves and these 3 skeins used up, I really can see empty space in my bookshelf o' yarn! :cheer Patty

Ok yall I am just pathetic!!! I went to the forbidden area of JoAnns today With my hubby!!! MISTAKE. I got 10 skeins. It started as 2 (I needed them honestly) then it turned into 4(didnt need the other 2) So my sweet hubby says "whats the matter? Ill give you $10 more to get some more if you want?"

SAY WHAT!!!!! So I broke down and did it.

OH WELL!!!

Any takers on those yoyos?

I'm joining in as well... actually I committed to destashing at New Years so this is the perfect place to be. I started working on a sweater for me last weekend. It's a variation of Autumn Spice from Crochet Me! I'm using hanks of Cascade 'Lana de Oro' Tweed - worsted weight -alpaca/wool blend (you can see it here in my stash blog post). So far I'm completely through 5.5 hanks of the maroon and most of the gray. I working on the last sleeve with the remaining 1.5 hanks of maroon - rest of gray will go to the final edging. I plan on using every inch of yarn for this sweater! (I'm allowed to keep about a yard for later repairs, right?)

Anyway, that should put me at 11 for now...

I'm also working on my dh's socks and sweater.... this is great... I love points!

It seems like everyone but Darski and JimmieLu are getting the idea! :rofl You're hitting your stash instead of the store, you're changing things up to use what you have! Congratulations!

JimmieLu - I thought that someone posted they wanted your yo-yo's in your other posting?

When I get my afghans done, I will be taking all of those little balls and making yo-yo's, I think. SOME DAY. LOL!

I hate to leave JimmieLu behind but I actually used a skein of yarn to make Dora a hoodie....:cheer :cheer and the crowd goes wild.....:cheer:cheer

I'll fix my sig later. I have to type up the patterns and get some pics taken.

Hi there, I actually just joined this board so I can participate! I have way too much yarn, it makes me cry. ;O; I just filled up a 4 drawer art cart thingie with my yarn. I decided I need to destash hard, so I think this thread will be very helpful. I finished off some yarn recently, but some more is coming in the mail... I'm not going to count it though, because it's my prize for destash! I'm going to make myself a hoodie as a reward, so I can't touch the yarn until I do. I wonder how many points I should make myself get first?

Oh I found a really good way to use up some yarn, I've made my two cats 'pet mats' by using 3 strands of yarn, and triple crocheting a rectangle about 2 feet by 1 foot. Amigurumi is really good too, and one of my favorite things.

Anyhow thanks for this thread, I think it's a great idea. :D

jimmie lu.

project rest assured will take the yoyos, pm me and i will give you the address.

Please count me in....my baskets are overflowing. i finished AJ's dog bone mat last night and have almost finished 3 skeins. wont post them until i have used them all....should be soon! off to change my signature to include this!

Wah! :( I haven't changed ny siggy yet, but I've lost all my points. I didn't get a chance to see my Great Aunt at Christmas, so today was the first time I've seen her in a few months. Guess what she gave me? Six skeins of boucle yarn. I tried to act gracious because she knows I enjoy crocheting, but all I was secretly thinking was how I really don't need this. Still, it's pretty yarn and it will make something nice, so I'll get around to using it eventually.

The reason I'm not in the negatives is because I bought her a littly tote bag to carry her craft projects in when she goes to the doctor. I was making a tote for her, but I ran out of time, so I resorted to store bought. I had to add a skein of yarn in it so she would know what the bag was for. So that brings my total back down to zero.

Well, I used up some more small balls of yarn on my stripey blanket, and have four more balls to use too. I also started another afghan today....good news is it will use up a couple skeins, bad news is I will probably have to buy more to finish it.....and I have to buy more yarn for my daisy square afghan, the 16 ouncer wasn't enough!!!!

Well I used up 2 skeins today on my fat bottom bag ..... but sadly I ran out before I finished so I need to go buy another to finish. The true test will be to see if I can just buy the 1 skein I need :lol

Archived