STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krystal, your siggy is killing me... your "golden arches row 16 of zillion" I'm in stitches :rofl :rofl

was gonna crochet, but the kids are all sick, and the baby is awake now. She's a real clingy sick kid. My older 2 are "leave me alone" sick kids. Jadyn however, slaps my hook, and pulls on my yarn when I try :sigh this is gonna be another High Maintenance baby day. Maybe she'll go back to sleep.... but then I put her down, and she wakes right up, she just needs mommy. I'm hoping she feels better soon. Although I must say, lately i've felt like chopped liver, but now i don't, all she wants is me, :grin off to be a mommy, she's hitting the keys.

I am trying to remember the last time I finished a skein.

I think it was some time last year but it so rarely happens. I am trying to imagine not have to make a ball .

Even dishcloths don't finish a skein... boy, I think I will never get out of the hole on this one.

Darski, how about using some stash for a few BICO sweaters? Yours always look so great!

Ok you YoYo alongers. I have been doing YoYos and have some I do not want to use.(thought it was a cute idea at the time) anywho. Heres an idea to bust yourstash kill my score and give you yoyos too. Ill swap out the yoyos I have for a few balls of scrap yarns I must have between 40-50 and will keep making them. Who wnats them PM me

Oh my score is + Ill change my sig. now

Ada, you have no IDEA how long it seems to take to do a row on that Golden Arches. I don't think I will EVER do an afghan in sport weight again. UGH!

I have to find some white yarn to go in between the rows, as the yellow is old stuff and I have no idea what it is, and I'm not going to have enough to make it rectangle.

I haven't done much crocheting yet, but have time later to get some done. Piano lessons equals good crocheting time!

I'm thinking since this has been going on forever now it's not to late to join?:hook I actually started this on my own on the first of the year for one of my resolutions! And ya know I've been a good girl and havent bought any new yarn, GO ME. :cheer I'll start my score from today though :manyheart

Happy Stach Busting

I'm joining too! This was also a New Year's resolution for me! So far I have knit 3 scarves and am in the process of a crochet afghan...I will add those points when I complete the ghan!

Let's see we started this game 3 days ago?? And I started 2 days ago?? And my previous score was 1, and now I'm going to need to chang it to -11!!!:cheer

and I'm not even upset. Now don't get mad, I didn't buy any, my Aunt MAry Did!!!!! She found this at a DOLLAR TREE(an actual everything for a $1) where she lives in Florida. I about died when I opened it.

:cheer:clap 6 SKEINS OF LION BOUCLE!!!!!!! :cheer:clap

th_yarnfromauntm.jpg

3 skeins each of Popsicle and Tutti Frutti. The wrappers say 3 skeins will make the hat and scarf set in the picture. So I'm going to use it for 2 of my matching sets for the march blitz! I'm so exicited. I LOVE getting mail, but to get this made my day!!

Cheerfully in the negative!!

okay, i just added up all the skeins i got from joann's and what i've used since i ordered, cuz i'm counting that as my start date... and i'm beginning the game with a -2!!! lol! im currently working on a red heart soft yarn blanket, a cupcake pillow, and i have plans for some other yummy things =)

Oh Boy,

I wanna play too! I still have to look at how to do a signature, but I'll do it this week!

Now, do I count the 6 various size skeins in the 1 lb mill end bag as skeins or balls???? Maybe I should to like my dh does when he plays rummy and see if I can lose with the lowest score:yarn

Angie

I don't think I understand. You telling me that one lady has crocheted 18 1/2 skeins of yarn in just 3 days? If that's the case there's no point in joining. I cannot crochet that fast, not even if I had 2 pairs of hands. LOL

hey Rita I'm totally with you! Only my case is that I've used most of like 15 balls of yarn and I still dont have the points cause they still exist! oi...but still consider it a personal goal...maybe work towards a skein a week or so many points a week, it's not the quantity it's what you accomplish and it keeps you from buying more yarn...look at the scores the goal is dont fall into temptation! good luck hun :)

OK, so I got SOOOOO excited about the boucle, and was feeling lousy, and went upstairs to go to sleep, but somehow the boucle and the N hook came with me, and I used up 3 skeins!! Woot woot!! So, now I'm -5 not -11. I'll post a pic of the hat and scarf I made tomorrow. My head is pounding and I can't do it right now. :lol

I don't think I understand. You telling me that one lady has crocheted 18 1/2 skeins of yarn in just 3 days? If that's the case there's no point in joining. I cannot crochet that fast, not even if I had 2 pairs of hands. LOL

OK, here's how you get 39 points WITHOUT crocheting 18 1/2 skeins of yarn. You crochet with your odds and ends balls of yarn, some of them small. Each one gets you a point. When you crochet a full skein down to HALF or so and have to wind it into a ball, that gets you a point as well. BUT the ball will get you the other point for the full skein. Does this make sense?

OK, so I got SOOOOO excited about the boucle, and was feeling lousy, and went upstairs to go to sleep, but somehow the boucle and the N hook came with me, and I used up 3 skeins!! Woot woot!! So, now I'm -5 not -11. I'll post a pic of the hat and scarf I made tomorrow. My head is pounding and I can't do it right now. :lol

Congratulations on driving that point total back toward the positive!

Archived