~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

Jeannie, I bet it is very pretty! (You know you can pick on me anytime! :D )

Well, I have 21 smaller projects done, but if I count the actual hearts in them, (like the small doilies, 1 had 4 and 1 had 6) I'd have 35, b/c I did the purse, it had 2, I did the yarn doily with 4 and the thread doily that is my avitar, it has 6 and I did 2 of them. So you add 14, (because I already counted each project once in the total of 21. If that makes any sense at all! :D I think I'm a little scatterbrained today! :D

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I am back...this is what I ended up with, I wanted something could make in a day, and yet something that I could give away. so, here it is, I will make it up in Sugar and Cream cotton, I have the yarn now, I am going to make the purse in white, and the strap and a heart motif in hot pink!! I know this is an obtainable goal for me....:manyheart

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37953 < pattern Link

I am on row 4 of the hearts along doily. It is the perfect thing for when my 8 month old son is awake cause I can drop it at a moments notice, (not so easy with a big afghan):haha I will be done with it soon

Hope this cal was scarves,too.

here's my try!!

th_100_0863.jpg

th_100_0862.jpg

here's the link

http://crochetaddictspatterns.blogspot.com/2005/06/hearts-in-row-scarf.html

I couldn't get the hearts not poof out so ended up dropping to an "F" hook for the red center!!

It's 80" long, kinda cute. wish I'd a used pink around the outside..

Do another??:think Hummmm:eek

JoAnn, can't wait to see it!

NSS, That is beautiful!!! I just love that!

Anyone who wants to make an afghan, the Feburary 2007 edition of Crochet World magazine has a really pretty one, it has small hearts all the way across it. Very pretty! If I had enough yarn I'd probably try it. :D

I am stuck on row 11 of the heart doily. I ran out of yarn. I have to wait till Saturday to go get some since I will be in the area anyway

I have the FIRST bag compleated!! Happy Happy Joy Joy!! I finished it last night, BUT photoBucket wasn't playing nice, so here it is..I LOVE this pattern, I used a heart motif from a fridgie pattern to put on it..what do you all think? I am going to line it with fleece, heck I might keep this one, I ventured out to HL last night with hubby, and bought a skien of red cotton, so I am thinking of making another..:manyheart

th_100_0659.jpg < clickable :D

Thank you friends!! I enjoyed making it...after I get doen house cleaning, I believe I will start another...they go fast, and are so cute, I have to perfect my joining, but I love it.

I made these small thread hearts to join into swags for fridgies for a swap that I'm in on a different group. They are from a couple different patterns. The rose is a # 3 and the white held with it is a # 10. I'll get the links and post them for the different hearts. I have to get some very skinny ribbon to tie them together in the swag shape. These add 13 to my total, (I'm counting them seperate b/c I made them individually. Then attaching them together.

heartsfridgies.jpg

Heart links...

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/fast%20heart%20pin.html

http://melaniebug.tripod.com/suzetta's_heart_motif.htm

http://www.crochetmemories.com/archive/february3.html

They are VERY pretty Sarah!! I used that one heart fridgie for my bag.

GREAT idea with the swag!!

I believe I am going to make that doily after all, I recieved a ball of red thread today in my RAOK package...what better to use it for!

Just finished bags 5 and 6. I need a break from these. Probably going to make bear parts tomorrow night.

I need to make the hearts too. Maybe I saw too big when I made my list of giftees.

Just finished bags 5 and 6. I need a break from these. Probably going to make bear parts tomorrow night.

I need to make the hearts too. Maybe I saw too big when I made my list of giftees.

Wow!! 6 bags, and they are lovely I must say!! WHew, your fingers must be worn out

They are lovely bags; I love the pattern. But at last count I needed 11, and even if they don't require much yarn (I made the first 5.5 using one skein) I'm getting slow and tired of making them.

The idea is to make the bags and stuff them each with a little secret-keeper bear & heart, and a message explaining the bear. I write and like the cuteness of the idea.

I'm probably tired at the moment though.

I love all the projects I've seen pics of in this thread and keep wanting to add to mine! You all make such wonderful things!

i was just thinking about starting a heart cal and found this one so i will n't start a new cal and i will just join this one. I had just thought about making a heart out of plastic to stuff with plastic. I have been saving my plastic wrappers from food andother things that i would throw away. I am a big believer in reusing items.

All your hearts are looking great

there is so many patterns to make hearts i would not have thought that there is so many till you take a look on the web and see for yourself

i hope that i can use what i have seen and make up myown pattern and i will post the picture when i am finished.:manyheart

:welcome to the fray Jennifer. there is a lot to choose from and lots of inspiration as well.

BTW folks, I am working on a special project but I am waiting to get it finished in case it crashes and burns. Lots of fiddly bits but I will post soon to shame or shouts :yay

I may add a copy of the ditty bag too. Love that one

Archived