~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

Good Morning To all my fellow Villagers

I thought since the STORES now have their Valentine's items on the shelves, it may be a good time to start a Be My Valentine CAL .

We have 6 weeks til Valentine's Day, although you needn't have your item finished by then ,unless you specifically want it to be .

I'm sure we all have someone in our lives we'd like to show some appreciation for with a handmade item that is HEART- RELATED .

Whether it's a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend,neighbor ,child, grandchild , or anyone else in your life who means a lot to you . I think we sometimes forget to be thankful for certain people in our lives. They are always THERE and we don't always remember to be thankful for them .

Anyhow, this CAL will be ANYTHING heart- related. Whether it's as small as a dishcloth or large as a Car Cover, just so it is heart-shaped or has a heart in the design .

There are links below to give you some ideas . I already picked what I'm going to do and who it will be for . It will not be done by Valentines, since I have some other irons in the fire, but I already know what it'll be and who it's for .

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/hearts.php

http://home.inreach.com/marthac/heart.html

I hope you find it in your HEART to join me. :manyheart

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have some heart patterns picked out already so I'll join! :heart So far I have picked out some neck warmers in red for the guys and a purse (with hearts) for my DD.

My DS aside from work and travel also works out and runs a lot so he'll love this. DH works so hard and doesn't have much time to relax but when he does I think he'll enjoy one of these and my DSIL has a bad back so it'll work for him too. I'm going to fill mine with flax instead of rice which should be good for achy muscles. I'm just not sure how to make these heart related other than they are red?

What a coincidence! I just started working on a doily with hearts in it. It's my first thread project. I'd like to have it done by Valentine's Day b/c I'd like to use it on my coffee table. If I keep my current pace, I should finish well before then. Here is a pic of my progress thus far.

The pattern came from here.

heart_doily.JPG

Wow, you guys !

A lot of response already this morning ! I thought maybe somebody would want to join in, just didn't realize I'd get this much response this quickly.

The hearts doily is beautiful -- thanks for sharing a photo with us .

I bet we can all find something to make that has a heart theme of some kind .

I like the idea too of the heart squares made into a n afghan ! That should be really unique !

I may not be in here a lot today- I'll try to drop in as often as I can, but I am babysitting today, so may be a little tied up. I'll check back in today as time allows and thanks to all of you that have signed up so far . :manyheart

I think i will be making a Tiny Hearts blanket for Freedom Village blitz so i will be working on this CAL as well. it is a great pattern and works up quickly.

I would post a link to the pattern but it has disappeared from the net for some reason. At least it has disappeared from my version of the Net :wlol

I'm in. I want to make some small heart related items that I could send to my Mom and Grandma back in Pennsylvania. It would be nice to make something small for my 2 daughters, too. Maybe little heart shaped pins they could wear. Hmmm. I better hop over to crochet pattern central.

It is kind of funny because i was just at CPC and going through the Heart links just last night. Found some cute stuff to do.

Guess I will go back and see what else I can do from there in addition to my blankie

I have a thread pattern somewhere that makes a great heart. should test that one for a kitty rug in my yarn.... Ohhh be still my foolish :heart

so many patterns and ideas; so little time

thanks for all those links!! :cheer

i think i will get in on this CAL! it will be my first! YAY!

now... what to make???????? :think

I'm in Jules! I already started on a set of Valentine's Coasters and am planning on making the Textured Hearts Dish Set. I'm also thinking about making another Love Bug. (The love bug was a free AA pattern last year.)

Stephanie I love your doily, very nice pattern.

Karin everytime I see one of your posts your skeins used total has gone up. You must crochet very fast and how big is your stash.

Is everyone going to make things in red or just in heart shapes but any color.

Welcome to everyone who signed up ! It's good to see some of my old buddies from my other CAL's and also many new names ! This should be a fun one to see what each person comes up with . How about those of you with small kids in school, making some little treat-type things for the Valentine's party for the kids( I think I saw little heart- lollipop covers someplace online once ), or maybe a little something special for their teachers if they have done an especially good job this year with your kids ?

( My kids have all been out of school for many years ! )

I am going to make the afghan below - which takes a pretty small amount of yarn , and looks to be fairly easy to do .

http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/free-patterns/Hearts-and-Diamonds-LW1335.pdf

Archived