~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, you all do beautiful work! I'm not ready for thread yet, but I did play around with some of the fuzzy and fun yarns yesterday and made about 5 hearts. I used a simple fridgie heart pattern but with different yarns and different size hooks they came out pretty cute. A couple of them are small enough to be made into pins. Not sure what to do with the rest of them, lol....but they are cute!

Here is the valentine square based on Krystal's Dasy and the Hearts Around doily. It is a bit differerent from the original and I added a white bit to the centre because the red ruined the effect of my valentines

newhearts.jpg

When I do it again I will start with the white so the valentines stand out more.

Ok, I have made 4 hearts/related items, I made the hearts around doily, the easy one :D and the heart purse, both links posted in this CAL. I also made 2 more thread hearts, one in peach. I made a small Suzetta's heart so attach to the purse, http://melaniebug.tripod.com/suzetta's_heart_motif.htm I know just who to give it to, I think, and I made this heart, from the hearts doily, I just turned after ch, 3 untill I got the heart shape and did the shells on top. I started form a ch4, and made all dc in the begening chain. (make sense?) Then I held 2 strands of Moda Dea Zing together in pink cosmos and icy pink (the darker is a hot pink, my scanner is just color blind today) and sc around. So, enough of my rambling, here it is....

heartcal.jpg

These bring my total to 16, (I'm counting each project as 1)

Darski - I love your valentine square. Your very talented.

Heart - The little fuzzy heart is so cute. 16 hearts complete already wow. I'm still on numero uno. lol

Darski - I love your valentine square. Your very talented.

Heart - The little fuzzy heart is so cute. 16 hearts complete already wow. I'm still on numero uno. lol

They have all been small easy ones, except for the thread hearts. They have taken about 1 and a half to 2 hours each. They are more involved. :hook

Oh! almost forgot, Darski hows your back. I know what it's like. I have spent many weeks hardly able to move because of a sore back. ( My own fault of course, when I was younger I fell over alot skating, gymnastics, ice skating) Middle age brings it all to the surface and now I pay the price. (Not that this stops me from skating again started up again before christmas and first thing I did was fall over worried I would hurt my back I landed on my right hand and cracked and chipped my wrist.) Crocheting is slow going at the moment. LOL

Ooh Pauline, I am sorry that happened. i love skating myself but have not been able to do it for years.

I went downstairs today to wait for someone and sat on those same dumb benches. It will be fine if I just behave.

I think I will start another square to relax. if I do four, i can make a snuggle...

it would be so cute for a kitty at the SPCA

Suddenly I feel like I'm falling behind! I bought yarn yesterday for the projects I'm planning which are :

The Crochet Me Heart pillow posted earlier in this thread (that's for my 5 year old), and a bunch of Secret Keeper bears and mini wrist bags to stick them in, onto which hearts will be overlayed.

Can't find polyfill though, and am finishing my afghan/throw so uhm... wow, I need to get on top of this thing.

I got my first heart purse almost done. I just need to put the edging on and of course I decided to do it in a pink fun fur or wild yarn like that and I don't have any so I guess I'll work on the 2nd one and then make a trip to the store :D

Archived