~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonder if this could be done to end up a skinny scarf?

http://trishcrochet.50g.com/hearts.html

It's sure cute!!!

I'd like to find something where the hearts were placed like that.

Sure it could, just count the number of stitches or spaces across and make the skinny scarf the same # of stiches. I figured out, if a thread pattern calls for a #7 hook and #10 thread, you can almost always use a G hook and regular ww yarn. Give it a try and let us see, puleeese! :D

I agree that it would be cute done as a scarf. I would use a larger hook myself but that is because I need bigger hooks for comfort. I also like the softness of the fabric when it is loose.

I might give that one a shot some time too

However, i am out of red yarn... How did that happen?

I agree that it would be cute done as a scarf. I would use a larger hook myself but that is because I need bigger hooks for comfort. I also like the softness of the fabric when it is loose.

I might give that one a shot some time too

However, i am out of red yarn... How did that happen?

PLEASE Darski ??? :shop You know you want to:lol

You could have one done by the time I figure out the pattern!!!

:hook How is the project you've been teasing us with coming along??

Was that here or the scarf cal??

:manyheart

I have been playing with the bookmark to see how it works. I have a couple of tries that I hope to get a pic for.

I had a bit of red left on a skein so i tried a couple of ways to do this and I also did a try with a really wussy pink colour. (If you are going to be pink; be PINK! :wlol )

will post later when I get the red one further along.

If you want to just make the pattern as printed - which does work- I would suggest that you begin with a chain 4 instead of her idea of doing a chain 2 and then doing the dc. Her method is messy when you only have one skinny little dc and can't hide that chain 2 bump. I know she put a border but it still didn't ring my chimes.

Mel- what did you do, fall on the snow or ice ? Have you guys had a lot of the winter weather out that way ? It's been nice here, but we do have snow today- about an inch or 2 .

Hope your wrist heals soon, this will be rough trying to go without crocheting .

No, my injury is embarrassing......I was wearing pilazzo pants and slippers going downstairs and I slipped and fell breaking my right wrist....doctor's orders are not to use that arm...for any reason!!!:(

here are pics of my tries...The two types; pink being done by the book so to speak :heehee and the red done more in line with what I would do for a scarf.

For the red, on the second motif, I started with 3 dc to begin the point. it just looked healthier, more plump or something. It does look shorter though but they are both 6 rows high. I also began with a Foundation DC row for the red.

the pink is done with a finer WW (TLC I believe) and a 5mm hook is 4 inches. The red done in Bernat SuperSaver is 5.25 inches with about a 6.5mm hook

if you want to make a scarf, you would really have to make two halves and join them for the ends to look right

so, on to the pics...

bkscarf1.jpg

the two of them together

Focus on the red one:

bkscarf2.jpg

and focus on the (wussy) pink one...

bkscarf3.jpg

can I answer any questions for these? :manyheart:think

I was just checking out AA for the pattern of the day Thursday

and saw the tic tac toe/checkers travel game

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

it would be fun to make the tic tac toe with hearts and flowers instead of the animals.

that link is only good for about 3 hours

I printed that today, disliking the animals. Thanks for that awesome idea, Darski!

I managed to make 5 hearts tonight (based on the heart coaster pattern), and now all they need is to be washed. I need one more for the bags, and uhm... 22 more for my daughter's kindergarden class&teacher.

354485585_3985993d52_m.jpg354485581_564e9a01c7_m.jpg

:clap :clap Darski, those are LOVELY!! I ADORE the red one!! Great work, your soooo talented.

Sky, great looking little hearts!! WOw but you have been busy with them.

Melanie, ouchie, I am sorry, don't be embaressed, once my doggy tripped me when I was in CLOGS, and I fell donw 23 steps, breaking my TAILBONE...so don't be embaressed at all, I know it stinks though that you cant create....I hope you heal fast :hug

Sky, those hearts look good. I always notice the shape for heart "object" as they don't always work just right. Yours look good shapewise :yes:manyheart

I have to say that I have had more fun with this CAL than any others.

I will post some pics later today of stuff that I have done on the side while reading here.

I only need to put the buttons on my secret project. I have to warn you that it is and always was meant to be a "showpiece". Well, you will see what I mean when I post the pics.

I have some other stuff I have done as well and will put them together just for fun.

This has been a great CAL. Lots of fun and good ideas.

Sky,your hearts are cute!! To give the whole class one is an awsome idea!

Darski

:manyheart Thanks so much for doing that pattern,,,I wondered if that would work!! Do you have enough red to finish it??

:clap Your changes make it the best!!!

:eek Of course I have questions

When you say "have to make two halves and join them for the ends to look right" do you mean,,,two halves joined at the back of the neck? so they'll look the same in the front??

This IS a fun CAL isn't it!! We still have several weeks left:yay

;) Can't wait to see what you've been working on so secretly

:vheart :vheart :day

Darski

:eek Of course I have questions

When you say "have to make two halves and join them for the ends to look right" do you mean,,,two halves joined at the back of the neck? so they'll look the same in the front??

This IS a fun CAL isn't it!! We still have several weeks left:yay

;) Can't wait to see what you've been working on so secretly

yes that is what I meant. it would look odd if the hearts were down-side up. When I :knit the Breast Cancer Scarf from Knitty, I had to do it that way and join at the back ...it does look nicer.

What I have been thinking of doing with my red scarf is to make the other half in white. could be cute :yes:no ?

I have to see if my camera will work in order to post my little treat to myself. Brand new batteries on Wed and yesterday (thurs) it said low batteries. Have one more to play with :sigh

Ok, this was just as a treat for me. it is not wonderful but it was fun and I got to try the skill of making the Irish motifs -Loooooove those motif patterns.

It was just plain fun to do.

showpiece1.jpg

showpiece3.jpg

showpiece2.jpg

showpiece4.jpg

The close up of the large white flower is closest to the colour. I was going for a pink and white effect. I am going to make a fancy hanger and just hang this on a wall.

I choose to look at the bright side of this insanity... at least it is not sock monkeys :wlol

Will make a separate post for the other two bits.

These are the two things that I have made because someone mentioned something here :sigh

otherpieces.jpg

otherpieces2.jpg

The large one is based on the bookmark that Heart linked and the other is the heart sachet from way back when. I have to do these things in yarn but they are fun to make. I actually think that my heart has a better shape than the original bookmark has. (Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall :wlol)

so i am all up to date here with what I have done. I have to go and make charity squares for a bit. well go is a relative term. I've moved my working yarn in by the computer :wlol

Archived