~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a beautiful doily. Since I'm not a threadie (eyes won't go there anymore) I might make that in Lion Brand Chenille or Homespun with an N or a P hook as a lapghan!:bheart

Jen, I hope you can post pictures of your progress. I'd love to see pictures of your tablecloth. :)

Darski, I saw that you helped someone with a heart coaster in another thread. I think I'm going try your suggestions with the dishcloth I made that doesn't lay flat. I'm hoping that works b/c I'd like to include that in the ones I'm giving my mother, but only if it looks right.

Just a quick note - you have an extra character on your link. You need to remove the ")" from the end.

I do like that pattern but have just never gotten around to making it. Must put it on the list...

WOW! I have just gone through all 29 pages here and there is some awesome work being done here. You ladies have done a GREAT JOB!

I have printed off several patterns but I have to go back and find that pineapple bookmark.

Add me to the list. I am going to make my DD's teachers these heart dishcloths (http://hometown.aol.com/lffunt/eleph.htm). I will have to have mine done for V-Day. Hopefully they won't take me long.

I was going to make that too, but I didn't buy enough yarn for it. I ended up using the yarn for something else. I'll buy some more yarn for it this week, I hope.

Hope this cal was scarves,too.

here's my try!!

th_100_0863.jpg

th_100_0862.jpg

here's the link

http://crochetaddictspatterns.blogspot.com/2005/06/hearts-in-row-scarf.html

I couldn't get the hearts not poof out so ended up dropping to an "F" hook for the red center!!

It's 80" long, kinda cute. wish I'd a used pink around the outside..

Do another??:think Hummmm:eek

I'm making this, but shorter, as a headband, and I'm having some trouble. Maybe you could help?

What do you do at the ends of the heart rows? Why the extra chains?

I keep winding up with these two little pokey-out bits, and my hearts and lining up right. They don't look right. My camera isn't in commission right now, so no pics are available.

Tiga, I did a quick test...

that chain 6 at the end of the row represents a dc and chain 3 in the next row

in other places she seems to have a picot thingy going on.

As far as lining up goes, i might change the base chain to a chain 4 or chain 5 base instead of the chain 3 just so you get more definition. It does work at 3 but it is scrunched...well mine is :wlol

I'd love too join in, awhile back there was a link for a little heart purse, i'd love too make that for my 2 yr. old daughter, but I can't find the link anymore, does someone happen too know of one?? Thanks:hook

I'm making this, but shorter, as a headband, and I'm having some trouble. Maybe you could help?

What do you do at the ends of the heart rows? Why the extra chains?

I keep winding up with these two little pokey-out bits, and my hearts and lining up right. They don't look right. My camera isn't in commission right now, so no pics are available.

OH Darski,,,better idea than what I did,, I was to lazy to start over.

Tiga-headband is a cute idea!!!

I did everything like it said with an "I" hook wasn't it??but the top part of the heart I did with a "G" hook so it wouldn't pooch out. then went back to the bigger hook for the last rows..the last row I did into the 3 chs instead of around them. I thought it looked more like the 1st side that way.

th_100_0884.jpg

th_100_0883.jpg

They click bigger!!!

Here's closer picts. hope it helps!!

Wow, the ends are sure different!! Yipes!!

Tiga, I did a quick test...

that chain 6 at the end of the row represents a dc and chain 3 in the next row

in other places she seems to have a picot thingy going on.

As far as lining up goes, i might change the base chain to a chain 4 or chain 5 base instead of the chain 3 just so you get more definition. It does work at 3 but it is scrunched...well mine is :wlol

thanks for double checking, D. It's that picot thing that's really confusing me - I can see no logical reason for it being there. I've read through the whole pattern, and usually, if I do that, my confusion is cleared up. I'm pretty good at visualizing.

I may just write this pattern out in symbols to see if that clears it up at all.

It's now a Problem, and I have to solve it, lol!

Nss -

Thanks for posting pictures. Your end hearts look pretty much like mine - what's up with the ch 4, sc into 4th ch from hook in row 2? It makes that weird little sticky out picot part on the top of the heart. I'm going to do this again and just skip that part and ch 6, as I think is logical. We'll see what happens.

How wide are yours done with an I hook? I'm using a G for the whole thing, and maybe that's part of my problem. I don't want it too wide, as it's for a headband, but a little wider won't hurt.

I'll just try an H hook for the bottom parts, and a G for the top row of the hearts and see what happens.

This so irked me, I went and worked on my beginner knit dishcloth today. Eek! Pointy sticks. Good gravy marie, it's taking me forever to knit this stupid thing. Anyway, tonight, it's all about the headband.

Tiga

This ended up just a hair over 2 inches,,and that's with the simply soft yarn, I was trying for wider,, No wonder you're having fits going smaller!

I'm not getting the "picot part at the top of the hearts". If you mean between the hearts---that's where the sc goes for the next row.

Keep us posted,,Your camera needs to get better!!

Ok So this is my first cal and im starting big by doing the love letters quilt lol i have wanted to make my husband a quilt so he would leave mine alone so i changed the colors to navy burgandy and beige for a more manly look lol now the task to be done before calentines day is the hard part lol but i just started today adn have done 9 squares in about 35 minutes while watching tivo lol gotta catch up on tv so i thought why not so ill keep yall posted on the ultimate gift for my hubby he is going to be out of town so much till then he will probably have no clue what im doing ill post pics as i get them

Thanks its going good so far tonight i got tons of time so we will see hubby is on tdy now if i could get him to stop calling i could be doubleing my time lol i love him though its great to talk to him knowing im hard at work on a surprise lol

Is there a link to the pattern for Love Letters Quilt? I've never heard of it.

Darski do you know if there is a link somewhere in all these pages for the Pineapple Valentine Bookmark? I know they have one for sale at e-pattern central. But I thought I've seen that some where before and I can't find it. I loved at CPC under bookmarks, pineapples and Valentines with no luck. Can you help me figure this one out? Thanks!

Tiga

This ended up just a hair over 2 inches,,and that's with the simply soft yarn, I was trying for wider,, No wonder you're having fits going smaller!

I'm not getting the "picot part at the top of the hearts". If you mean between the hearts---that's where the sc goes for the next row.

Keep us posted,,Your camera needs to get better!!

No, it's not the top of the hearts themselves - it this part:

Ch 228, turn

Sc in first ch from hook and in ea st across (if desired change colors here)

Ch 4, turn

Sc in 4th ch from hook. *Ch 3, sk 3 sc, sc in next sc*

When I sc in the 4th ch, I get three chains all bunched up.

I'm going to have to get my camera cleaned up (it's got a ton of pictures on it that need to be downloaded, and it takes forever...) and get a picture.

Is there a link to the pattern for Love Letters Quilt? I've never heard of it.

Darski do you know if there is a link somewhere in all these pages for the Pineapple Valentine Bookmark? I know they have one for sale at e-pattern central.

Here is where you will find the love letters quilt

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/loveletter.html

I made my copy of that pineapple valentine from the picture. Mine is a bit different as I like certain ways to make pineapples. Under copyright, I really don't feel that I can even give you the pattern as I made it. I am not aware of one of those that is available as a freebie.

if you can look at mine and copy it, I think that would be ok. i too have been looking for that pattern and can't find one

Archived