~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah that is beautiful such detail.

Darski- I did just one square too for the Feb. charity blitz I thought I could at least try it and if it came out good give it as a premie blanket. lol.

Sarah, your crinoline lady is just gorgeous! You do wonderful work.

NSS, I really like those scarves. I think my nieces would love scarves like those. What am I thinking?!?! I have enough unfinished projects and I certainly don't need to start any new ones....like that's ever stopped me. LOL

I've really enjoyed viewing EVERYONE'S work.

I haven't been working on my doily in the past few days. I promised my mother 10 dishcloths and I've been working on those b/c I want to get them in the mail by the end of this week. Also, 10 dishcloths really means 20...I'll be making some for my sister too b/c I just KNOW she'll want some after she sees my mother's. :lol I think I'll do some work on my doily this evening though.

Thank you all so much :blush , I really have to say Praise the Lord!!! :clap Also this pattern is Cylindas from CrochetMemories.com, she has the most beautiful patterns! :hook:cheer:hook

Darski, you are too funny! :lol I love being a part of this cal!

NSS, You know I love your scarves!! (Looked at the scarf cal too! ;)

Welcome newbies!!!! :manyheart

Nutsaboutcrochet and Stephanie, Can't wait to see your projects!! ;)

These are the two things that I have made because someone mentioned something here :sigh

otherpieces.jpg

The large one is based on the bookmark that Heart linked and the other is the heart sachet from way back when. I have to do these things in yarn but they are fun to make. I actually think that my heart has a better shape than the original bookmark has. (Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall :wlol)

so i am all up to date here with what I have done. I have to go and make charity squares for a bit. well go is a relative term. I've moved my working yarn in by the computer :wlol

Been reading here....Love your White Heart~~~ may I ask what book or web site did you get the White Heart pattern from? love it...

I just wanted to share what I have completed thus far!

I've made 2 heart coasters, the heart doily and I tested Stormy's Valentine stuffed animal. I still want to make a few more things though! To see pics click HERE to see the post on my blog!

How did you replace the word HERE for the link?

Heather, GREAT square! I love it :manyheart

Sarah, what AMAZING work you do!! I ADORE that doll

again, I wanna quit work so I have more time...whaaaaaaaaaaaa

This is one I made last year...I also am enclosing the link to the seller of this pattern book. I have made every doily out of her book, and they are well worth the purchase and by far has been one of my favorite doily books!

Here is my doily I made..and the link to purchase the pattern book.

Heartsdoily.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CROCHET-HOLIDAY-DOILIES-BK-7-HOT-DESIGNS_W0QQitemZ300052103772QQihZ020QQcategoryZ41230QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Terry, this is the pattern I used.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/hsachet.htm

I just did it in yarn as I can't handle thread and I only made one. It really is a pretty shape.

Thank--you I already came across this apttern last night reading thru here. It is beautiful.. got to do this one. Its beautiful.

Thanks again. Not gonna do the picture thing in it tho.

thanks again,,

Laughingcrow that is a very pretty doily! Thanks for the link to the patterns. They looks very "doable". I get a little overwhelmed with the amount of work that has to go into some doily patterns. These look more beginner friendly!

Laughingcow, that is beautiful! Excellent work!

I haven't finished my doily, but I did make a heart coaster. I sort of botched the right lobe though. LOL I'll do better on the others though. I didn't like the yarn to begin with though. I bought it b/c it was inexpensive...but I actually ended up liking the look.

heartcoaster1.jpg

I've seen that pattern SuzyQ and it is beautiful. She has some lovely patterns on that site.

Okay, I made a heart dishcloth to go with the ones I'm making my for my mother. I really liked how this heart worked up. I'm going to make another one, but use a larger hook to chain. My starting chain was too tight and it made my cloth pucker a bit. I think I may keep this one and give my mother the next one I'll make. I still have to weave the ends in on this one too...I'm too sleepy to do it now. *yawn* Anyway, here it is:

The pattern came from here.

heartdishcloth1.jpg

Archived