~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been on my todo list for a couple of baby showers long past now...

http://www.freepatterns.com/categories/index.php?catid=crochet&subcatid=childrens+corner&RECORD_INDEX%28patterns%29=41

it is the pattern for a Heart Pocket Pal Pillow ...top right hand column

Be aware that it is freepatterns dot com so you have to have joined and signed in to get it.

That's a great idea! Thanks.

349723256_666488af47_o.jpg

I need to make a few more of these (probably another 5 or 6) and secret-keeper bears, but I'll definitely consider using that heart pattern for the message.

Those bags were in the calendar/free online from Dot Matthews. They are pretty quick, maybe an hour and a half to two hours each (I'm new & slower) but they hold really well and are the exact size I needed.

I plan on adding a flower or heart to the front just below the handle hole because they're pretty basic.

Skydramini

:cheerWOW:cheer

I love those purses. how cute is that?

This place is amazing. Just when you think that creativity has soared, you see something more

by any chance, do you have a link for that?

I think i will try some of those too. In a pale purple, like lavender and use a specialty fiber I got from the Mega sale at Michaels, it is a dark plum and has very small shiny lavender squares in it, about the same size as a #3 thread. I'll post a photo when I finish it. Thanks again for the pattern.

:heart Anyone tried the Heart Sachet from CPC? I need a little help, please. Here's the link: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/hsachet.htm. You chain 34 but I only used 30 of the chains in the 1st round...had 4 chains left over! Don't know if I did something wrong or what!!!

I made the Hearts Around Doily last night with Lustersheen (isn't it same weight as sports yarn and baby yarn?...gonna have to look it up...my Lustersheen is so old it doesn't have the updated labeling :lol). Anyway, it measures 5-1/2" instead of 7-1/2". Maybe I'll try it again with a G hook. :bheart

Looks like this thread is growing by leaps and bounds! Gotta go back and read to catch up on how many "hearts" Heart aka Sarah has made so far...she's good, isn't she!! As are the rest of us, right??? (hope you don't mind my picking on you, Sarah...you're such a sweetie!!). Take care, everyone!

Jeannie, did you see that you are to use 5 chains for a cluster to form the inverted point at the top of the heart?

consider the math.

1 +6 +8 +5 +8 +6 = 34

Since you had 4 left over, I think that is where you missed them... just a guess based on the numbers. I just did it so I know it worked for me.

BTW that is a nice shape ... not all hearts are created equal :heehee

The Heart along doily looks pretty and I have some cotton yarn left over from a purse i made my sister. Looks like I have another project open for me.

Thank you, darski! You are so brilliant and always so helpful!!!! I did mess up when it came to the cluster. Guess that's why my heart didn't invert!!??!!!! I also do the math on patterns and did it on this one but I still didn't get it! Sometimes I don't read too well...duh!

:ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty

You are :welcome.

There is just something about heart shapes that we all react to so we like lots of choices.

Amanda, I am glad that you are joining us here as well.

These tend to be quicker projects, which is nice when you have large ones on the go.

Such BEAUTIFUL stuff I see here....gosh, now I am thinking to put down my Garden Trellis Shawl and get working on my valentine CAL...oh decisions, decisions... I signed up for this, so I BEST do something..okay, off to find what for suree I am going to do.....I NEED kitchen stuff , so I MAY make a heart hot pad and something to go with it...off to see what materials I have on hand/....

:blush Well, typing and crocheting are going to have to be put on hold for awhile everyone.....I broke my right wrist this weekend! I was coming downstairs wearing these great palazzo pants (see, can't spell, I think) and my foot caught in the flare of the pants and I slipped (wearing slippers) and down goes Mel landing on the right wrist. When I heard the snap I knew I was in trouble!!!! My dd called Grandma (she is smart as a whip) and now I am crippled in a lovely green cast....my favorite color. So, dear ones I have been told by my Doctor to <GASP>:eek NOT CROCHET!!! for 6 long excruciating weeks!! How can I live??? So, I will not be able to work on projects :ohdear:worried:faint:cry WAHHHH

Archived