~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

Thank you all. I'm thinking of making 1 for each girl in the class, (pre-school age) but wonder what I can make for boys for Valentines day? I usually do a small candy bag, I can add the heart for the girls. You'd think having 2 boys I'd know what to make, maby the stripey turtle from Kristie from another thread, then I can put a small heart on the side..hmm.. What are your thoughts? Thanks. :U

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah

A little turtle with a heart does sound cute, or I saw an online pattern before for a hackey-sack. I don't even know if they are still in style, but that's an idea for a boy ... maybe just make them in RED for valentines, rather than putting a heart on them ?

Sarah, in your post #84, did you use the hearts around doily or CAL hearts doily? It is so very pretty!!!!

Hi!! Jeannie!!!! I used this one, but I didn't like how the picots on the last row looked, so I did hdc around, then did sc, ch3 all around, (both done in the white.) Thanks!:manyheart

http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/HomeDec/LC1242+Hearts+Desire.htm

I used # 10 thread and a # 7 hook, it is small, a little bigger than a coaster, 5 inches. I'm gonna do a few more. ;)

I love all these projects y'all are posting! I'm feeling like a dork for starting a scarf last night when I still have another WIP to finish and am wanting to start some V-day gifts....*sigh* I'm such a sucker for variety, but I just wish I could do more than one thing at once--I'll never get all this stuff done! lol

Here is my 2 heart purses, they are going to 2 little 4 year old girls. :manyheart

th_Heartpurses.jpg

I put fun fur around instead of the shell edge so they could use them in playing dress up. :)

Ms. Sarah,

I was reading this post and thought your pineapple hearts were beautiful. Is that a pattern you made up or is there a link to that pattern?

Cathey

Thank you! I actually don't know where the pattern came from, some one gave it to me. However, I have bought one from Crochet Memories, it is a book mark, it is very similar, just doesn't have the shell around the edges, but that is easy to add, I'll look for the link, It is one that has to be paid for though. Just don't do the tail and add a shell boarder in the ch loops on the outer edge. I'll post back with a link in just a few minutes.

Thanks everyone! :) You all are so encouraging! ;)

Ok, here it is it's only $1.25 to download. I do have to recomend this site, because she has the most beautiful patterns I've seen, and she's very helpful too. It is the Pinneapple bookmark, just scroll down. You can click the picture to look at it.

http://www.crochetmemories.com/patterns/bkfeminine2.php

Sarah~Those are beautiful. I saw the first one before but I hate doing the bullion stitch & i'm not very good at it.:lol

Maby a trc ch1 would work instead of a bullion, (I have only done 1, 1 time, :eek:D ) Even though it won't be thick, maby it would be tall enough.

To the other Tabby, say a prayer and hang in there. :) It'll be ok ;)

Stephanie, Can hardly wait to see it! I've been to impatient to try that one yet. I think I've had the attention span of a gnat this week! :D

I am working on a cotton thread coaster like the doily pattern Stephanie made. Its coming out pretty good. I had to modify it a bit though to make it big enough to be a coaster. I also found another pattern that I haven't seen anybody else post although I may have missed it. I think I will try this one next.

http://pandacrochet.8m.com/crossmyheart.html

I have finished my first heart pot holder and can now post a picture.

2034769460060039328S200x200Q85.jpg

Nearly finished the hearts around doily too. Just finishing the last few picots and that will make two projects. :cheer

Archived