~*~ Be My Valentine ~*~

JulieKay

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it's not the top of the hearts themselves - it this part:

Ch 228, turn

Sc in first ch from hook and in ea st across (if desired change colors here)

Ch 4, turn

Sc in 4th ch from hook. *Ch 3, sk 3 sc, sc in next sc*

When I sc in the 4th ch, I get three chains all bunched up.

I'm going to have to get my camera cleaned up (it's got a ton of pictures on it that need to be downloaded, and it takes forever...) and get a picture.

So you haven't made any hearts yet,right?? I don't know why yours is bunching up but I just thought they put this row

in so it gave the point of the hearts a sc to be in.

I had to keep stitching looser so it wouldn't bunch up,,Until the top half of the heart then,,,smaller hook and stitch tighter,,go it wouldn't bunch.for that row only,,,

I wish I'd have made this Ch3,sk3 row pink though so it would have disappeared more.

if that's where you think it's a picot,,it isn't really,,,it's the red sc going down into the first row of sc across,,,,the pink.

I'm not much help,,, sorry!!

Hey NatCat!! :hug

:) Welcome!!

Love the scarf on your blog!!

afswife~

The Love Letters Quilt is going to be beautiful,

Can't wait to see your progress

Darski, Thanks for posting the link so we can see what she's working on.

Everyone's :heart projects are just awsome!!!

So you haven't made any hearts yet,right?? I don't know why yours is bunching up but I just thought they put this row

I think I might know what this is about... she seemed to be writing SC when she meant chain and chain when she meant SC in some spots in the pattern.I think that was supposed to be SC in 4th sc. That is, it would be like a (sc, ch 3) just as we do a turning ch3 in place of a DC.

if that is not what she meant then that picot thing is just plain dumb :eek sorry but it really did not do anything

Hi Nat:)

Jump on in, you can join whenever you want ! What would you like to make, do you know yet ?

Hi JulieKay!!

I have 3 heart coasters I made last night, & this morning, I made a pink & white multi-color heart doily:hook I guess I've been busy..lol

I would like to make some more coasters, & another doily, this doily I would like to make in main color red, with white edging....

Here is what I've done so far, & it's so much fun, I just want to keep going:clap valentinehearts001.jpg

valentinehearts002.jpg

I'm crocheting one now, or, atleast when I get off of the computer...LOL this one is, pink, with white edging

Hey NatCat!! :hug

:) Welcome!!

Love the scarf on your blog!!

afswife~

The Love Letters Quilt is going to be beautiful,

Can't wait to see your progress

Darski, Thanks for posting the link so we can see what she's working on.

Everyone's :heart projects are just awsome!!!

Hi Nancy!!

I've made our grandaughters scarves & hats, and I didn't even have one to my name..lol

So I I made one for myself in Caron one pound-Rose color, and Red Heart White-edge

I really like the heart scarf you made too!!

Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't been active here; not been feeling too well. Having sleep problems :yawn:tired , had a sleep study...insufficient sleep leads to lousy days :grumpy and you just don't feel like doing much. I manage to crochet some and read some but for some reason I have problems putting messages into words!! I have made several crochet heart sachets. I made the hearts doily, the 4 hearts around one, although I think it came out too small...don't remember name of pattern. Haven't even felt like taking pictures but I'll get around to it. Want to make the hearts crochet along doily by Cylinda Mathews but just haven't felt like tackling it. Love you all! :manyheart:heart :bheart

Hi Jeannie. Lots of us are feeling the effects of SAD and sleep disorders so we can sympathize.

Keep reading and know that you are cared about and that we are pulling for you . :hug These projects can help to make you feel better just by looking at them.

Darski, you are sooooo sweet and always have just the right things to say plus you helped me with my heart sachet pattern. I was just not reading it and it wasn't sinking in! Thank you so much!

it has been i some time since i have been talking so i thoght i would let everyone know what's up. I do have three diferent plastic hearts done. It took me many tries (15) tell i got something i liked. made that and thought i would try another didn't like that but finished anyway. and then i started the third i started like the first one with some smaller lopes and i got something i love. I stopped crocheting this week. I have bumps on my both of my tumbs just in the right spot that it hurts to crochet, and no it was not caused by crocheting to much. i get these bumps al the time some time two or more at a time i have no idea what they are. well i will have pic coming soon i will be going to parents soon so i will take the pictures then. I can't wait for you all to see them.

And welcome all of you that joined, anyone can join here till valentines is over LOL:lol

love all the work that is done so far:manyheart

Good Evening Everyone

I received my stitch & bitch crochet book this afternoon:clap

and I finished another heart doily too!!

valentinehearts2001.jpg

I wanted to crochet a doily in delft blue & white cotton, but I don't have enough delft blue to finish it, so I'm going to have to send for some, because we went to town, & we couldn't find any, any where:no

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Archived