A Wedding Gift- a Table Runner

Mom w/a Motif

I finally finished this last night. It is a wedding gift for my brother and his fiance. Technically they aren't married yet, so I am ahead of the game. (For once...) (Long story..)

It is from the 'Big Book of Crochet' that a secret pal named 'Peekaboo' sent me. :clap (Thank you again, Peekaboo!) This is the second thing I have made from this book. (I made the baby afghan for my nephew, too...) Anyway here it is:

th_Picture1327.jpg

(Clickable)

It isn't blocked yet. :sigh Maybe it will be, by the time they get married. :lol

Thanks for looking. Oh, I forgot to write, it's 10.5 w x 16 l

Tina

I just thought I would post (in case anyone was interested), it is known as 'spiderweb filet' or if you have the 'Harmony Guide to Crochet', it is in there as 'Open Link'... (Under 'Openwork and Lace Patterns'.)

Here is one on CPC that is similar... Filet Doily. It isn't exactly the same but it has the spiderweb things in it... That was all I could find.

Oh, here's another one I found doing a google search: Spiderweb and Other Ones? (Oh, the Others)...

And a whole page of filet crochet but I tried to click on the link and it said 'Sign up for Bravenet now it's free!', so I don't know if that one is worth it or not...

Tina

Good Job, looks like a fun pattern, too. A little trick I use. I don't block with pins, etc. I use spray starch and a hot iron and finger shape my things. I do all my ironing/pressing on double layered bath towels rather than the ironing board, that way I don't get a buildup of spray starch on the ironing board cover. I do this on my island in the kitchen, lol. Use the heavy duty spray starch and gives a nice finish to doilies and filet, anything made with thread. I even use it on my filet wall hangings.

That is kind of what I do, too, to block doilies... I actually don't even know how you are *supposed* to block them. I just put a towel underneath, then the doily and pin it the way I want it to stay. Then I spray it and iron it. :yes

Tina

Archived