WIP crochet-along

kdwaye

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bummer about the hat, Dawn :( Maybe your square will go really fast for you to make up for it :)

Krystal,

as far as I'm concerned, you can work on those daisy 'ghans all you want! lol I just love that pattern, and I"ve been keeping a close eye on all the updates--I love how the squares are looking with the extra round of black when joined together. I may be dorky, but I'm extra super excited because I sent in a couple of squares that will be included! lol (my work is online! hee hee :)) Thanks for all the work you're doing on those, I'm sure whoever ends up with them will be thrilled!

As far as my progress, I did finish sewing up the second soft block for my nephew and started on the third and (probably) final block. I'm almost done with it because it's the smallest and went pretty fast. I may do one more small block if I feel inclined, but I'm not going to count it in my progress for now. So, I'm about 85% done with that project. :) Once I get the set all stuffed and done, I'll post a pic--I think it's turning out pretty cute. Am tempted to knock out a dishcloth today, though--mine have all wandered off somewhere and I didn't have a clean one when I reached into the drawer this morning *sigh*. I like dishcloths, though, I think they're a fun, instant-gratification-type project.

off to crochet!

I finished my hair rap finally didn't take that long just as long as I sit down long enough to keep going. Now on to something else from my WIP list maybe my daughters's scarfs since it's snowing again will go ahead and get busy with those. My rap will be on my blog.:)

Does it count as a WIP if you start and finish it in one weekend?

Mom asked me to make a scarf (for her friend) on Friday...Even though I decided not to buy any more yarn until my WIPS were finished, OR if the yarn was a necessity to finish a WIP...I had to say yes to Mom's request...technically SHE bought the yarn right?

Well...I'm actually hoping to finish the scarf tonight...:clap ...so I guess it wasn't ever a WIP after all.

I haven't finished my purses yet. I have no idea why I don't want to line them. This weekend, I made 5 squares and wove in the ends on those squares as well as 3 other (surpise wips) I found in my basket. Also, I started and finished a noro ripple scarf. I did work on a WIP, I hooked 30 rows on a baby blanket I am making- so I am 50% done.

sounds like everyone made some major progress this weekend! congrats!

I didn't get as much time as I thought I would, but I did finish the soft blocks (stopped at 3), just need to stuff them as sew one final edge shut. When I was done with that I felt the need to continue with the WIP progress, so got out the twinkle little star afghan that I started *ahem* one year ago.....;) In the process of joined I found that I made one of the squares the wrong color for the sequence, so I'm working on the final square in the CORRECT color! lol Then I can get the final row attached and then go along the columns (?), then the border and THEN I can give this thing to someone! lol

Krystal, I was the Unionville MO squares you got this past week. I know the white background one was a little small--it was the first one I did, but I hope you can use it somehow. If not, no biggie :) I'm pretty sure that one of the red ones in the ghan you're working on is mine, though...:D

I did it!! I finished all of the 6" squares for the swap that I'm in. Now I just need to get these bright socks done (waiting for foot measurements), and I'll have my WIP list completed! I guess that means I need some new WIP's, eh?:think

pixie, I'll send ya some of my WIP if you need em, lol!

I finished some squares I was doing for one of the charity folks here (another WIP that never was, did them all in a weekend). Then it hit me that I have no less than four more babies to come up with gifts for between now and July or so. Yikes! So I started a rainbow block afghan-- it's interesting, you make 18 strips, and then there's a body piece with openings for weaving in the strips. Lovely, but I think I am going to be v. v. sorry. Ch 170 for the foundation of each strip is, ummm, fabulous. Right then!

I have to get my act together-- on top of the babies, I have a few birthdays in February, plus a secret pal thing I'm participating in for a non-crochet site. :eek Maybe I better aim lower for some of my babies.

Good for you! I think quick projects are great, just as long as we don't start a big one to add to our wips!

Oooh, that hurts. :lol I just added to my WIP list - an afghan for my mother. :eek It'll be a wedding present, so I have until June(I also told her I'd make her a shawl for her to wear that day if it gets breezy, yikes!) And I haven't even finished her hat! I have made progress on my other projects though - the collar for the purse is almost done(just the ribbing, which takes forever with thinner yarn), added another panel to the afghan...and there's other stuff too, but I can't remember it now and I can't see my sig as I'm writing this. :D Oh well!

Glad to see everyone is progressing! :cheer

I wish my progress report was that good! I'm about to 3 1/2 feet on my bamboo throw. I've got about 1 foot done on my brother's afghan. Frogged the socks. Working on another scarf and hat combo.

Oh, and I'm trying to figure out what I can do with the yarn I bought off of Ebay, and the BRIGHT pink yarn that I've had sitting doing nothing but being bright. Still can't decide.

I added another WIP to my collection. I was watching my grandson last weekend and needed something simple to work on while doing that, so I started a shawl. In the past week, I have worked some on some of my WIPs, (the snowflake afghan, the cardigan and the slippers) and I have pretty much decided to frog the purse. I was making it up as I went along and now its been so long that I don't have a clue where I was going with it! Of course I haven't finished anything yet!

I am trying to finish my other daughter's poncho today and then hopeful to get started on one of my shrugs. I have some big WIP projects that I will be hopeful getting started on in Feb/March lots of things for my home when I get that tax money I go crochet crazy lol. So looking forward to having all my projects done soon. Just have to stay on it.

Oooh, that hurts. :lol I just added to my WIP list - an afghan for my mother. :eek It'll be a wedding present, so I have until June(I also told her I'd make her a shawl for her to wear that day if it gets breezy, yikes!) And I haven't even finished her hat! I have made progress on my other projects though - the collar for the purse is almost done(just the ribbing, which takes forever with thinner yarn), added another panel to the afghan...and there's other stuff too, but I can't remember it now and I can't see my sig as I'm writing this. :D Oh well!

Glad to see everyone is progressing! :cheer

It's all good! There are no wip police here! :hook

I only started crocheting again about a month ago and I already have 6 WIP's so hopefully this thread will keep my nose to the grindstone.

Unfortunately while looking for a nice afghan pattern I found at least 4 more that I want to do and last night I got the new Family Circle Easy Crochet magazine and now I can add a sweater and some headbands. Hope my arm holds out!!!:c9

OK, I finished joining the twinkle little star blanket and started on the first round of edging (out of 4), but ran out of yarn. I can get one of the colors here in town, but will prolly order the rest online. In the meantime, I'm starting to edge a fleece blanket for my youngest dd. Just gonna do a quick sc edge with some cute fun fur I was gifted the other day. Congrats to all for progress made! we can do it! :)

Archived